Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Well, don't worry, once POS 2.0 rolls out, you won't have to worry about the registers not crashing.
I literally cannot wait to be on the phone with CSC after every transaction to be given a meaningless ticket number on which they never call back and even if they do, I'm not there to take the call and they hang up and close it anyway.

I'd call the hotline for that shit. I'm not waiting for a GSA when I'm grabbing lunch. And, if the store is telling me I have to for their numbers that is working off the clock.
By force I just mean suggest, I didn't mean "you'll get fired if you don't". Our managers are very friendly and just like our store to make goal, they suggest us to buy lunch from the GSA to help boost numbers, but if they're busy or you don't want to, you can just go to self checkout... I just prefer it because there's usually a line at SCO so I get a friendly smile from my GSA as I buy my lunch for the day and skip the line.

Also using the MyCheckout instead of a register makes more sense in our store, since our GSA can still watch the front while checking somebody out with just a few items, and they don't get stuck at a lane because we know how much guests love going into closed lanes. And it's pretty easy to use in electronics too - back when I was in electronics, I would go unlock an item for somebody, and check them out standing right there with the item. Easy extra line busts, or easy save the sales if we don't have the item.

I'd call the hotline for that shit. I'm not waiting for a GSA when I'm grabbing lunch. And, if the store is telling me I have to for their numbers that is working off the clock.
That's a good way to be laughed at by anyone who picks up the phone there

Anyone else working at self-checkout frustrated by the fact that certain promotions won't display unless you go into store mode? For example, the women's underwear 5/$20 will still show each as $5 or $6, and I have to go into store mode to show the guest that each underwear had $1 or more subtracted. I even have to pull out my phone's calculator to show that the total is $20 for the underwear they are buying. When I started working self-checkout, I don't think there was a problem with these promotions, so I don't know why self-checkout is like this now and I can't blame guests for questioning me when the proper prices won't appear.

The manned POS sometimes shows those promotions incorrectly as well. I bought cat litter last week (BOGO 40%) and the screen showed a 20% off taken from only one box and nothing taken from the other. But they came out correctly on the receipt.

Anyone else working at self-checkout frustrated by the fact that certain promotions won't display unless you go into store mode? For example, the women's underwear 5/$20 will still show each as $5 or $6, and I have to go into store mode to show the guest that each underwear had $1 or more subtracted. I even have to pull out my phone's calculator to show that the total is $20 for the underwear they are buying. When I started working self-checkout, I don't think there was a problem with these promotions, so I don't know why self-checkout is like this now and I can't blame guests for questioning me when the proper prices won't appear.
Known issue being fixed soon.

Yes.

Does anyone know the DPCI for the code that is on the SodaStream exchange stickers? I'm talking about the DPCI for the barcode on the sticker, not the number for the sticker itself.

Does anyone know the DPCI for the code that is on the SodaStream exchange stickers? I'm talking about the DPCI for the barcode on the sticker, not the number for the sticker itself.
I can check tomorrow if no one else gets it before then

Stupid Question...

myGO allows us to print Order Pickup receipts on the Zebra Printer in PDF mode. How is this done on the Pickup app?

Can anyone explain to me how the sodastream replenishment process works? I read in the store’s weekly from last week that sodastream sales should have seen a 50-100% increase due to them being in the ad last week (which I probably should have read last week instead of this week) but that the sodastream bottles needed to be tied to a specific POG which they were not tied to at my store. We don’t have a problem keeping them in I don’t think and I tied the pog anyway but I’m wondering how it works? Are they ordered by us or an automatic replenishment process based on sales/exchanges? We don’t really have a GSTL anymore so I’m thinking I might need to worry about some of these things

Can anyone explain to me how the sodastream replenishment process works? I read in the store’s weekly from last week that sodastream sales should have seen a 50-100% increase due to them being in the ad last week (which I probably should have read last week instead of this week) but that the sodastream bottles needed to be tied to a specific POG which they were not tied to at my store. We don’t have a problem keeping them in I don’t think and I tied the pog anyway but I’m wondering how it works? Are they ordered by us or an automatic replenishment process based on sales/exchanges? We don’t really have a GSTL anymore so I’m thinking I might need to worry about some of these things
Based on sales, like regular items. AUDIT AUDIT AUDIT the number to make sure it’s accurate and you don’t get too many/run out. My store we have new GSTMs who don’t know the process so the number is always off. Also set the capacity at 36 (2 boxes) so you don’t have more (unless your store can hold more or less, adjust by 18).

Back