Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

is my store the only one who still has red clearance labels at GS? we still have like 10 rolls left and there may be more in the back lol

(before anyone starts, ETL GE said use red until we run out, then switch to yellow, I know that's not best practice)

I am not sure how many Targets have SCO, but I read btwn the lines that that is the catalyst for removing the GSA role. Now once GSA is fully eliminated there will be growIng pains, but maybe not since the GSTL will be (probably) working mids. It does give the FE some leeway with service, especially if they don’t have to deal with freight. (lol)

there's only a few hundred stores that don't have SCO. in stores that don't have SCO, that kinda stuff gets delegated to the service desk.

is my store the only one who still has red clearance labels at GS? we still have like 10 rolls left and there may be more in the back lol

(before anyone starts, ETL GE said use red until we run out, then switch to yellow, I know that's not best practice)
Wow we tossed those when we switched to yellow. I get not wasting them I guess but something like that is kinda dumb not to switch to lol

when my STL is there if i am not standing in the front of the checklanes, i am about to be screamed at. she has literally berated me in front of guests and team members for backing up guest service, filling sco with change, and collecting reshop because IW ASN’T IN FRONT OF THE LANES and someone could have died or something idk.

it’s so annoying i prefer to multitask and help wherever help is needed, but she can just sense the moment i step away and finds me and yells (not just me all the gstls and gsas)

when i back up guest service, i have to hit the back up button and then go “copy that i’m leaving the front to back up” and pray she still doesn’t yell at me.

Same @ my store. We have to be “on the beach” at all times. Anytime we step over to guest service or check restrooms we have to announce it on the walkie.

We still get in trouble if we aren’t collecting reshop and straightening the cartwells though.

Our job description requires us to be in 2 places at once.

I cleaned the fixture room and threw away 11 unopened boxes of red clearance labels. We had just received an order the same week that we were told to stop using them and they sent the yellow ones. Kept them for a while in case they changed their minds back to red, since that didn’t happen and we were NOT supposed to used them I finally pitched last week. In the trash and I have an order in for yellows. Such a waste but red is a no-no.

I like using the red because when I see a yellow label, I know it is a return from another store and our clearance price is often different then other stores clearance prices and it makes me double check instead of throwing it immediately on the softlines rack.
omg I thought I was the only one

I like using the red because when I see a yellow label, I know it is a return from another store and our clearance price is often different then other stores clearance prices and it makes me double check instead of throwing it immediately on the softlines rack.
It’s really not that hard to check every clearance return you do regardless of sticker color

anyone out there have the new POS yet? looking for some feedback as our store gets closer to go-live.......

no we still have a bunch (we don't use them though)! we also recently got white labels with red borders, they are approximately the same size as the labels we used to use at guest service for ship to store when we still used the pda. anybody know what these are for?

no we still have a bunch (we don't use them though)! we also recently got white labels with red borders, they are approximately the same size as the labels we used to use at guest service for ship to store when we still used the pda. anybody know what these are for?
Theyre MPG labels. They don’t really get used much anymore from what I can tell in other stores. When a POG is a few weeks out from a transition and you’re supposed to flex product in, it goes MPG. Once a week someone is supposed to print out mpg labels which will print off the POG header and labels to drop some discontinued batches. The labels have a red border so they’re easier to spot.

Last edited:
The guy just replaces the screen with a smaller 16x9 touch screen. UI is still the same and because it was created in 1990 it does not scale properly.

not talking about the screen, i’m talking about the entirely new POS software that’s rolling out

Speaking of POS, is anyone here becoming as irritated as I am about them removing the exact change button on K1? I'm so used to just hitting K1 twice for exact change cash that I do it by instinct, prompting the "I'm afraid I can't do that, Dave" beep. Yet another reason why I feel like they're doing more to sabotage our store than improve it.

Speaking of POS, is anyone here becoming as irritated as I am about them removing the exact change button on K1? I'm so used to just hitting K1 twice for exact change cash that I do it by instinct, prompting the "I'm afraid I can't do that, Dave" beep. Yet another reason why I feel like they're doing more to sabotage our store than improve it.

lots of people were getting scammed. it's known around the company as "the k1 scam"

essentially, the guest puts in a card. they tell the cashier, "oh, it's just a cash card! you press k1 and k1 so the system accepts it"

that makes POS think you put in exact cash, the receipt prints and the guest leaves. often with very expensive electronics or gift cards. removing that button was an easy fix to something that was hitting stores across the country.

Ah. I never heard about this one. I can imagine that would take a lot of newer cashiers for a loop (and a few less new ones). My store tends to get the senior citizens who were told to buy large amounts of gift cards for their grandchildren in (jail/the hospital/ whatever the scammers think will get them to open their wallets).

Back