Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Ah. I never heard about this one. I can imagine that would take a lot of newer cashiers for a loop (and a few less new ones). My store tends to get the senior citizens who were told to buy large amounts of gift cards for their grandchildren in (jail/the hospital/ whatever the scammers think will get them to open their wallets).
I had an older woman call looking to see if we had XBox/Playstation cards in a certain amount. She said she had a computer virus and she needed those cards to get rid of it. I told her that she was likely being scammed and to take her computer to someplace like Geek Squad. She then explained that her computer tech that was going to remove the virus was her grandson and a couple of his friends. I have no idea if she had a legitimate computer problem and that was the payment appealing to her grandson or if her grandson was scamming her, but at that point I just confirmed quantity and wished her luck.

lots of people were getting scammed. it's known around the company as "the k1 scam"

essentially, the guest puts in a card. they tell the cashier, "oh, it's just a cash card! you press k1 and k1 so the system accepts it"

that makes POS think you put in exact cash, the receipt prints and the guest leaves. often with very expensive electronics or gift cards. removing that button was an easy fix to something that was hitting stores across the country.
Like I’m still in awe that people fall for this.
I get visibly upset when someone tries to tell me how to use my register that isn’t a peer on the clock that I asked for help.

Like I’m still in awe that people fall for this.
I get visibly upset when someone tries to tell me how to use my register that isn’t a peer on the clock that I asked for help.
this. I can and have to put up with a lot at guest service. the one thing that I do not take is someone telling me how to use the register.

lots of people were getting scammed. it's known around the company as "the k1 scam"

essentially, the guest puts in a card. they tell the cashier, "oh, it's just a cash card! you press k1 and k1 so the system accepts it"

that makes POS think you put in exact cash, the receipt prints and the guest leaves. often with very expensive electronics or gift cards. removing that button was an easy fix to something that was hitting stores across the country.
I always wanted a guest to try that on me so I could "accidentally" hit k3 credit and actually run their card but no such luck lol

I had an older woman call looking to see if we had XBox/Playstation cards in a certain amount. She said she had a computer virus and she needed those cards to get rid of it. I told her that she was likely being scammed and to take her computer to someplace like Geek Squad. She then explained that her computer tech that was going to remove the virus was her grandson and a couple of his friends. I have no idea if she had a legitimate computer problem and that was the payment appealing to her grandson or if her grandson was scamming her, but at that point I just confirmed quantity and wished her luck.

My friend helps me with my computer and phone issues for booze and food.
I guess grandsons are more picky.

So apparently I am being trained to become a closer (ugh) and will shut down registers and all that. However, at this point, they don't want to give the opening/closing cashiers supervisor numbers. Not sure how I'm supposed to close registers without them. I guess the closing LOD gets to walk with me the whole time and also be called up for any simple price overrides/issues that could be solved by a set of numbers? I mean if you are giving me the responsibility of handling $, why can't you give me the supervisor number too?

Honestly.

The reason you can’t pull to refresh in pickup is because it auto updates every 30 seconds. They’re looking in to issues with asking you to remove INF items from bag (they’re obviously not there).

Thanks mobilelady

The reason you can’t pull to refresh in pickup is because it auto updates every 30 seconds. They’re looking in to issues with asking you to remove INF items from bag (they’re obviously not there).

Thanks mobilelady

Yeah the app is still pretty half-baked.. better mostly at the things it can do but lacks lots of functionality I had before.

The list of things it can’t do is longer than the list it can do. No receipts / past order lookup being the biggest ones. They need to rollout these things a bit faster to the chain.

It’s basically myWork 2.0 all over again

Yeah the app is still pretty half-baked.. better mostly at the things it can do but lacks lots of functionality I had before.

The list of things it can’t do is longer than the list it can do. No receipts / past order lookup being the biggest ones. They need to rollout these things a bit faster to the chain.

It’s basically myWork 2.0 all over again
Past order and advanced search is coming soon™

PSA: latest target app update (for iOS anyways) lets you add weekly ad coupons to your wallet barcode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally, it’s just one barcode for truly everything.
Also shortcuts to the Target app using Siri voice commands! I just set a few up for viewing the wallet barcode, viewing the weekly ad etc. (they’re in the account tab in the target app under Siri shortcuts)

this. I can and have to put up with a lot at guest service. the one thing that I do not take is someone telling me how to use the register.
I get visibly upset when I'm at other stores and they don't use best practices. At All. 🤷‍♀️

FR, though, I'm looking at you Gary the Guest Advocate who used to be a sup at my big kid job. Scan my damn barcode and then ask for my ID. Don't be rude AND refuse to scan it. 😡

I get visibly upset when I'm at other stores and they don't use best practices. At All. 🤷‍♀️

FR, though, I'm looking at you Gary the Guest Advocate who used to be a sup at my big kid job. Scan my damn barcode and then ask for my ID. Don't be rude AND refuse to scan it. 😡

you don't need ID if you have the barcode

Yes! It’s how dare that, that, and that not be done, but the very moment you try to step away it’s “WHO IS WATCHING THE LAAAAANES”

The GSAs at my store wouldn’t dare move during the short time this was implemented at my store out of spite. LODs would come up and ask us why we haven’t done a stray walk or fixed end caps and we would say “STL said I’m not supposed to move from here and if we do, we get yelled at.” Ended after a week or two.

The one thing I like about my store is all the leadership up at the front tend to stay as a united front when people who don’t work at the front try to implement stupid new rules.

Right now we’re working on how we’re only allowed to use three-tiers for reshop. My ETL-Log came up to me to scold me on how it was forbidden to use regular shopping carts for stray walks, I just replied with “It’s Easter weekend and I’m being pulled in a million directions. I’m not going to waste my time playing Tetris every time I’m trying to sort into a three tier.”

you don't need ID if you have the barcode

I believe Arainia is referring to the TM discount card. Best practice is for the cashier to verify identity of the person using the card, either through personal knowledge or checking ID.

I believe Arainia is referring to the TM discount card. Best practice is for the cashier to verify identity of the person using the card, either through personal knowledge or checking ID.

that isn't actually best practice. the discount card SAYS that you may be asked for ID, but dependent cards have the TM's name on them, not the dependents. and there's no way to ID at all if you add the discount to Wallet.

that isn't actually best practice. the discount card SAYS that you may be asked for ID, but dependent cards have the TM's name on them, not the dependents. and there's no way to ID at all if you add the discount to Wallet.
I also thought IDing people you don’t know was best practice but maybe that was just my stores AP.

Hey guys I need some help. My ETL-GE recently put me in charge of doing the supply order for the front end and I have been having some trouble. We’re running out of everything. :’(

To preface this, I’m just a normal team member, so I don’t have access to SAP unless my ETL or my GSTL logs into it for me. So I have to place the order when one of them is in the store. My ETL is new in role and new to the company so he can’t help very much. My GSTL never did the order, the other GSTL who no longer works with us always did it.

I just want to know how some of you guys do it.
• How often do you place a supply order?
• How often do you order specific things? (I know it depends on how much your store goes through but I figured I would ask just because I really can’t figure this out)
• How do you know when it will come in? / Can you track the order?
• Do you have like... a list of everything you order with the SAP numbers? I feel like I can’t find some things.

Thanks for any help. I’m really sorry to ask like this but I am struggling.

For Front End you can never have enough bags, receipt tape, toilet paper, soap. For bags, (depending on your store) I would always order once we got to the last pallet. Receipt tape, when we had two cases. Toilet paper and soap...IDK bc our (now former signing TM) did the order. Large bags, wine bags, tissue paper, cart wipes, umbrella bags, etc...the best bet would be to order once you are to your last one or two cases.

I’m just so confused about how to manage all these supplies because I feel like there’s no communication. We keep supplies at guest service and the front checklanes which are on opposite sides of the store as well as in receiving (downstairs) and in the cleaning closet near the bathrooms. So I feel like I never really know how much we have

I’m just so confused about how to manage all these supplies because I feel like there’s no communication. We keep supplies at guest service and the front checklanes which are on opposite sides of the store as well as in receiving (downstairs) and in the cleaning closet near the bathrooms. So I feel like I never really know how much we have

That is difficult. However, I live by the saying “It’s better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.” I would suggest starting with a list of supplies that are your responsibility for the front. Take an inventory. Then order accordingly. Partner with your direct superior and let them know how much time you need each week to order.

Back