Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

We got all the info about it a couple days before it went live at my store, and it was an absolute shit show. Nobody could figure it out so all the defects just stacked and stacked in the corner and by noon we had 2 carts and a bin full of defects that we couldn’t even do.

How do I get a printer to print clearance labels ??

I've actually had a few clearance labels printing the regular way, even though our clearance zebra is set to ZPL* (we just keep getting an error message about the printer not being set up right on the register after every clearance item is scanned even though the tickets are printing out (it's very annoying))

To do them through the zebra, you scan the item, scan the printer, and select "signs and labels* on the Zebra, then there should be an option to print out a clearance ticket, click it, and it should prompt you for how many. Type that in and you're all set

Can you defect straight from POS @Leo47?
Nope not at all. If I try to defect something during a return, 95% of the time nothing will happen and the other 5% that “defective online slip” will print. I’ll then go into sort mode and press the new “reprint defective label” button, then scan the item, and nothing will happen. We also couldn’t figure out how to do it via the zebra. The info packet said there’s a new app to do it in, however we couldn’t find the app at all despite restarting the zebras. When we defect an item in mywork, nothing happens unless we do it over and over like 5 times in a row then a defective label will print. So idk if we’re actually defecting the same item multiple times or if it’s not actually done until the label prints 🤷🏻‍♀️

Nope not at all. If I try to defect something during a return, 95% of the time nothing will happen and the other 5% that “defective online slip” will print. I’ll then go into sort mode and press the new “reprint defective label” button, then scan the item, and nothing will happen. We also couldn’t figure out how to do it via the zebra. The info packet said there’s a new app to do it in, however we couldn’t find the app at all despite restarting the zebras. When we defect an item in mywork, nothing happens unless we do it over and over like 5 times in a row then a defective label will print. So idk if we’re actually defecting the same item multiple times or if it’s not actually done until the label prints 🤷🏻‍♀️

If you can get the printer to work- click the description of the item in blue, go down to defect and select an option then print label.

How do I get a printer to print clearance labels ??
I use price change for clearance and missed salvage no ticket will be printed for missed salvage in this app. ZPL* setting with clearance labels. I still have to defect in mywork though. I don't have any issues. I l know sometimes labels don't print. like for food. 😀

Last edited:
This just hit our store today and it is a nightmare. I don't have time for this shit.

We also have to check that all Softlines tags are RFID when doing returns. Its a POS prompt. I thought everything had RFID tags at this point?
Unless the tags had been replaced and went straight to the floor bypassing RFID, or if the item is being returned without a tag and needs a replacement tag, or if the item is being returned with a tag but the tag is not attached to the item.
(The last usually results in the tag being wrapped in the clothing item or put in a pocket and then it either gets lost when the piece of clothing is pulled out for proper hanging/folding or is never seen and stays in the pocket, so a prompt to actually use the tagging gun to attach it rather than roll it up would be greatly appreciated by the softlines team.)

Unless the tags had been replaced and went straight to the floor bypassing RFID, or if the item is being returned without a tag and needs a replacement tag, or if the item is being returned with a tag but the tag is not attached to the item.
(The last usually results in the tag being wrapped in the clothing item or put in a pocket and then it either gets lost when the piece of clothing is pulled out for proper hanging/folding or is never seen and stays in the pocket, so a prompt to actually use the tagging gun to attach it rather than roll it up would be greatly appreciated by the softlines team.)
I’ve asked for a tagging gun for months and still don’t have one. So, items get defected and now that is a PITA trying to defect the item.

I’ve asked for a tagging gun for months and still don’t have one. So, items get defected and now that is a PITA trying to defect the item.
I ❤ you. I personally gave GS three tagging guns plus the plastic pieces over the last year and I know two other people gave them one as well. When ours broke we raided their drawer since they weren't using any of them.

Any other stores not allowing guests to keep hangars anymore? The communication at my store has been terrible on this and I was just informed today that we should be collecting all hangars from clothes sold. Maybe this is something only our district is implementing?

Any other stores not allowing guests to keep hangars anymore? The communication at my store has been terrible on this and I was just informed today that we should be collecting all hangars from clothes sold. Maybe this is something only our district is implementing?
Officially best practice from cashier training guides says that we should take hangers and not offer them to guests. However if a guest asks if they can keep the hangers I say yes

Back