Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Well, they need to at least have the option to esp for donate and salv items, or at bare minimum, have a pop up that says “item defected, place in box X”

it tells you the disposition before you press "print defect label"

i think that button is actually different when it's QMOS, as well. i think it says "toss item" instead of "print defect label"

We have also started turning away same day transactions from different stores in the last couple of months. Lotta angry guests yesterday with the vineyard vines launch.
good-- you shouldn't be doing them since guests can take that receipt and hit all the stores in the area.
Has anyone else been having problems with items not in the system? It used to ask for a price but now it just says item not found and then rejects it basically.
if POS says "refund declined, give merchandise back" you should do just that unless you have a really good reason not to. if it's a no receipt return. and that happens, definitely do not accept the return

it tells you the disposition before you press "print defect label"

i think that button is actually different when it's QMOS, as well. i think it says "toss item" instead of "print defect label"
yeah in like tiny letters. we can go back and forth but at the end of the day there is NO reason it can't/shouldn't print (or at least have the option to) a label for market items.

also @taytay I totally forgot a DPCI but ESIM is a huge issue. stuff is coming up salvage that should be ESIM (yay violating federal law!) and stuff that is never esim is being asked if it is open/leaking etc.

yeah in like tiny letters. we can go back and forth but at the end of the day there is NO reason it can't/shouldn't print (or at least have the option to) a label for market items.

printing labels for stuff that's going in the compactor anyway is just a waste of paper. there isn't any reason to do it and it would exponentially make culling in pfresh more time consuming.

printing labels for stuff that's going in the compactor anyway is just a waste of paper. there isn't any reason to do it and it would exponentially make culling in pfresh more time consuming.
I’ll concede toss items I’d be ok with a bigger text or pop up saying “place item in toss”. Donate and salvage absolutely needs at least the OPTION to print one

if POS says "refund declined, give merchandise back" you should do just that unless you have a really good reason not to. if it's a no receipt return. and that happens, definitely do not accept the return

It doesn't say that. It just says item not found and then nothing else.

My gstl seems fine with what I've been doing. I just wanted to see if people had other solutions. She thought I could use the price change app to fix it but that doesn't work either.

My gstl seems fine with what I've been doing. I just wanted to see if people had other solutions. She thought I could use the price change app to fix it but that doesn't work either.

go into mywork, check and see if it's now "not sold here"

if it is, print a rewrap sticker and scan that sticker in POS and you should be able to complete the return

if all else fails, you can use the 999 dpci

We’ve been having issues with some DPCI’s saying now item found during a return or price check. If it’s an older item I don’t have a problem denying the return. Some items are brand new and it’s a PITA trying to do the return.

Well, they need to at least have the option to esp for donate and salv items, or at bare minimum, have a pop up that says “item defected, place in box X”
QMOS never printed because you’re supposed to use your best judgement. Donate what you can and toss the rest. It’s how everything should be because like you’ve said before random stiff comes up toss that should be donate or vice versa. Food items shouldn’t print anything in order to allow the TM to donate as much as they can and not persuade them to toss just because a sticker says so.

Yes, and when I used price change app, I found it and the lowest price.

go into mywork, check and see if it's now "not sold here"

if it is, print a rewrap sticker and scan that sticker in POS and you should be able to complete the return

if all else fails, you can use the 999 dpci
I think this goes too far. You should not be using the 999 dpci w/o leader approval and certainly not unless it’s really and truly needed. Not just to return an item not sold at this target that the guest has no receipt for. That’s not making it right. That’s blatantly circumventing multiple policies and potentially giving the guest money for an item that target as a whole doesn’t even sell!

ASANTS but at my store this would be grounds for coaching or CCA.

Last edited:
I think this goes too far. You should not be using the 999 dpci w/o leader approval and certainly not unless it’s really and truly needed. Not just to return an item not sold at this target that the guest has no receipt for. That’s not making it right. That’s blatantly circumventing multiple policies and potentially giving the guest money for an item that target as a whole doesn’t even sell!

ASANTS but at my store this would be grounds for coaching or CCA.

i am a leader

Finding the lowest price in price change doesn't really help because the item doesn't ask for a price. It legit a acts like we have never sold the item before.

My gstl is fine with it until there is a real solution for the issue. The items are missed salvage which target seems to just have completely deleted out the system.

Our store is pretty pro guest. So our goal at the end of the day is to basically give them what they want. Isn't that what modernization is all about 🙄?

i am a leader
Are you a GSTL? I didn’t know that— in that case you’re free to make the calls you want to make for the front end. That being said, what you posted implies people should use 099 to return items that might not even be sold at target at all, which is obviously not true.

The new way to close the registers is more time-consuming now - and the bills we use for change aren't bundled anymore so now I have to physically count $25 worth of dollar bills before I can give it to the register. And they give so little now that I have to call for cash advances more often.

Anyone else’s registers really really slow at adding the bags after you press total? Like god forbid someone is buying 8 plastic bags and I press total and I press K1 8 times it’s like a good almost 2 minutes of the register loading before it gets to payment. Everything else is super fast and normal but not the bags

The new way to close the registers is more time-consuming now - and the bills we use for change aren't bundled anymore so now I have to physically count $25 worth of dollar bills before I can give it to the register. And they give so little now that I have to call for cash advances more often.
I figured out something that worked for me re: the registers. I’m getting ready to go in now, but will PM it to you tomorrow if you like.

it’s faster if you start from the largest bills and work towards the smallest

Back