Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Hi GS friends.
Tuesday and today, when you're trying to print defective labels either inside a return or via a myDevice have you noticed a decrease in failures around the printer just not printing?
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES PLEASE FIX THIS
Printer will print every other ticket or not at all. been happening for the past week, not just Tuesday and today. Most with POS as opposed to zebra.

does not happen with yellow clearance labels or flex labels, just white defective/UPC

Rebooting and even replacing printer, label roll does not fix issue. CSC wanted me to send back printer, I said no bc it’s not an issue with specific printer

Last edited:
We've had issues with printers "sticking" on every other label, mostly defective/UPC and clearance barcodes for awhile. If we send the printers in they tend to come back fixed.

We've had issues with printers "sticking" on every other label, mostly defective/UPC and clearance barcodes for awhile. If we send the printers in they tend to come back fixed.
Huh. That’s interesting that they come back fixed. If we did that though I’d have to send in half our printers (we’ve tried pretty much all of them). Hoping @SamSepiol ’s team is working in a perm fix.

Huh. That’s interesting that they come back fixed. If we did that though I’d have to send in half our printers (we’ve tried pretty much all of them). Hoping @SamSepiol ’s team is working in a perm fix.

Yeah, most of our printers had this issue at one point. Some still do. I've just gotten in the habit of popping the media cover after printing labels on the ones that have issues. I usually test print a couple UPC labels before leaving the equipment room, though, to find the ones that work.

There is an option on the printer itself (I think under the MORE tab) that says "Clear Jobs". First I do that. Then on the register I do "reprint defective label" (but that almost never works. Then I just defect the item out again and it works (until it stops again after a few items).

There is an option on the printer itself (I think under the MORE tab) that says "Clear Jobs". First I do that. Then on the register I do "reprint defective label" (but that almost never works. Then I just defect the item out again and it works (until it stops again after a few items).
While we figure out what's going on with the printers, please make sure to try the reprint previous defectives button inside myWork. If you're doing another defective just to get a label, you're doubling up on decreasing your on hands.

While we figure out what's going on with the printers, please make sure to try the reprint previous defectives button inside myWork. If you're doing another defective just to get a label, you're doubling up on decreasing your on hands.

I only defect through the register POS, should I still try to reprint on the zebra?

We were having big problems the other day. Rebooting/shutting down didn't work. I removed the battery and stuck it back in. That fixed our issue. Our issue was that the registers were doing offline defective slips.

On another note... We have some strange things going to donate, like those expensive hair straighteners and a fan. I overrode the fan to toss which sent it to E/CRC. Is that weird or normal?

I only defect through the register POS, should I still try to reprint on the zebra?
I'm more talking about the scenarios where a label should've printed after you select the defecting option during a return. If you finish your return and see no label, check the reprint option in my work for recent times and it's likely you can reprint it. Unfortunately we typically still create defectives and update ohq if the printer acknowledges our request but doesn't actually print.

We were having big problems the other day. Rebooting/shutting down didn't work. I removed the battery and stuck it back in. That fixed our issue. Our issue was that the registers were doing offline defective slips.

On another note... We have some strange things going to donate, like those expensive hair straighteners and a fan. I overrode the fan to toss which sent it to E/CRC. Is that weird or normal?
The offline slips are usually caused by the printer not being reachable on the network. After you reboot it (with/without removing battery) it will take about 15 minutes for the printer to become usable.

As far as the dispositions go, we go by what the vendors setup as. If they want things donated we're going to show you donate.

Our registers are randomly giving guests cash back even when they do not ask for cash back. It happens at SCO and the regular registers. We don’t have any of the new registers,
This started occurring at one of the self-checkout registers. I noticed that guests couldn't press "No" using their fingers and had to use the stylus pen and maybe if they used their fingers, it would accidentally click on "$40" for their cashback amount.

I love that you can do that. If you defect it via the register, you should attempt to reprint via the register though.

I love that you can do that. If you defect it via the register, you should attempt to reprint via the register though.
If it lets you, great. I don't have much experience with the POS side of things so I can't fully speak for the functionality still available.

Back