Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

I was thinking about all these damn pop-ups. I can not stand it when someone says they are on my way/I'm here, in the parking lot. It is almost always a big order too. I wish that Target would keep their order on the "I'm on my way" side until 60-120 seconds have passed, before moving the order to "I'm here". It would give us a little bit of time to get the order pulled and get out there.

I was thinking about all these damn pop-ups. I can not stand it when someone says they are on my way/I'm here, in the parking lot. It is almost always a big order too. I wish that Target would keep their order on the "I'm on my way" side until 60-120 seconds have passed, before moving the order to "I'm here". It would give us a little bit of time to get the order pulled and get out there.
yes, they need to do that.

I've never asked to speak to a manager, all questions have been answered by the service desk folks, cashiers and the floor staff. There are karens in our demograophic but my shopping time in our local Target never exceeds 10 mins so I don't see them, nor would I even bother to pay attention. Kudos to the staff who have to deal with them.

Sorry, late response. One of my peers went out to a local store and took a quick browse at their Zebra hip printers and a lot of them had dust or sticky residue (from the labels) clogging the sensor that detects the gaps on the back of the label rolls that indicate a split for the labels. Highly suggest that stores take like a Q-tip and rubbing alcohol and give them a good clean as they are much more sensitive and picky compared to the old O'Neil printers. So the "fix" isn't so much a software or hardware issue, just lack of preventative maintenance... yes yes, most people should already be doing this, but you'd be amazed (and probably scared) at the number of cases made to CompuCom that the printer "ran out of ink."

AAH9SP3.jpg

Last edited:
I was absolutely sure that I saw something about closing Drive Up when there is bad weather. Now I can’t find anything about it anywhere. I even called CSC. There is a sign in “external signing.” It states, Drive Up is closed, please come in to pick up your order. Can anyone help me?

Sorry, late response. One of my peers went out to a local store and took a quick browse at their Zebra hip printers and a lot of them had dust or sticky residue (from the labels) clogging the sensor that detects the gaps on the back of the label rolls that indicate a split for the labels. Highly suggest that stores take like a Q-tip and rubbing alcohol and give them a good clean as they are much more sensitive and picky compared to the old O'Neil printers. So the "fix" isn't so much a software or hardware issue, just lack of preventative maintenance... yes yes, most people should already be doing this, but you'd be amazed (and probably scared) at the number of cases made to CompuCom that the printer "ran out of ink."

AAH9SP3.jpg
Can you send out workbench message about this?
Do not think this is the root cause as I have cleaned and am still having issues

I was absolutely sure that I saw something about closing Drive Up when there is bad weather. Now I can’t find anything about it anywhere. I even called CSC. There is a sign in “external signing.” It states, Drive Up is closed, please come in to pick up your order. Can anyone help me?
We called CSC-- they can turn on and off DU

Thank you! We’ve been out of the small labels for a while. Do any of you have a number for them?
1193BED6-C586-4565-8FE2-ADF72EDB78AB.jpeg
small defective labels?

although my etl-se just told me she doesn’t order these. i don’t believe that to be true unless it just changed. when my tl did the ordering i always helped her order these. we have been out for months and we have to steal from receiving.

I'll pass it along then, the only thing that comes to mind then if the sensors are clear that either that was an update to the application on the myDevice that is causing it or if it's being resolved at the DRC level by a possible firmware update that varies from what is in-store. I wonder if you start to see a printer mis-behaving like this again, humor me and try updating/reloading the firmware image for the printer using the Printer Loader application and see if it resolves it.

I'll pass it along then, the only thing that comes to mind then if the sensors are clear that either that was an update to the application on the myDevice that is causing it or if it's being resolved at the DRC level by a possible firmware update that varies from what is in-store. I wonder if you start to see a printer mis-behaving like this again, humor me and try updating/reloading the firmware image for the printer using the Printer Loader application and see if it resolves it.
Not only mydevice... happens with POS defectives too. @SamSepiol seems to be on the team working on a fix, reach out to them for more.
we don’t have printer loader anymore as we have chrome boxes.

When you guys are closing registers and you accidentally shut it before placing the start funds, what do you do? I've popped it open which is a pain in the ass and I have also just opened it and closed it again. Is the latter a big headache for anyone?

When you guys are closing registers and you accidentally shut it before placing the start funds, what do you do? I've popped it open which is a pain in the ass and I have also just opened it and closed it again. Is the latter a big headache for anyone?
I’ve done both. I honestly don’t think it matters. It prints out a new closing slip, but we just throw those closing slips in the trash in cash office. Nothing changes for me in cash office and I’d imagine if anything is “off” the auditors would easily be able to figure it out.

I have the mindset of someone who has been on the phone with csc and cash recycler help for way too long listening to the tech go, “it’s okay. just do it like this. it will all even out in the end.”

Back