Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Can we talk about OPU? I'm so frustrated with the constant stream of guests who come in early for order pickup when its not ready and getting angry about it. Its like suddenly everyone thinks that if they show up in an hour that their order will magically be ready and waiting. When in actuality it takes even longer now because everyone is doing order pickup. If you need your items quickly just come in the store like a normal person.

I really wish that there was a way for GS to jump into fulfillment and pull it ourselves maybe? A better system of tracking guests orders to see where their order is would be so helpful. Its just a frustrating state of affairs at my store.

Or if guest comes in and decides to grab the item, being able to cancel the in-process OPU so flex doesn't have to waste time picking it when the guest will cancel anyway.

Also...you all saw that guests can now change their mind about how they want to pickup their item? In the app.

I kind of like that. Its just as annoying when they call the store saying that they are outside for a regular pickup and would like it brought out to them. I think I love your idea Amanda of letting us process the order if the guest picks up the item themselves. Although I still think if the guest needs the item so urgently they come into the store early that they shouldn't be doing in store pickup in the first place but I digress.

Can we talk about OPU? I'm so frustrated with the constant stream of guests who come in early for order pickup when its not ready and getting angry about it. Its like suddenly everyone thinks that if they show up in an hour that their order will magically be ready and waiting. When in actuality it takes even longer now because everyone is doing order pickup. If you need your items quickly just come in the store like a normal person.

I really wish that there was a way for GS to jump into fulfillment and pull it ourselves maybe? A better system of tracking guests orders to see where their order is would be so helpful. Its just a frustrating state of affairs at my store.

Talk to your fulfillment team. If we aren't too pressed for goal times, we may send someone to pick the batch with the guests' order early. But, please only ask if you really need to get someone causing a scene out of the store and understand there are times that we simply can't do it. (But, you could maybe ask another TM trained in fulfillment say from GM or style if they could help you out.)

Also, if you aren't fulfillment trained please do not consider hopping in and doing it yourself. It's extremely important that fulfillment know backroom processes and since GSTMs aren't trained in them, it's best that you don't jump in.

Can’t go into store mode when it says loading. I know your trying to help but, nothing works.
Can you scan your Speed ID anyways? That has worked for me once or twice. There used to be a hidden physical button that Took you to NCR settings. Does that still work?

Long-time lurker here, I've been a Cashier/GA/whatever with GSA responsibilities (I don't even know what to call that at this point lol) for several years now. Just wondering how your stores handle "item not found" returns for clearanced-out items?

Long story short(ish), had a guest come in the other night with about $200 of merchandise to return, my GS team member did everything she could off of the receipt but was having issues with a couple items so she called me over. As I looked it over I realized the receipt was from January, so I was impressed that it was working for any of the items (I think because they were a store brand and sometimes return policy is extended on that?), and so I explained to the guest that the receipt had expired, but was still letting us do most of it, it just wouldn't let me add the last couple items due to our 90-day return policy. I told him I would see if I could process them as a no-receipt return and get him a giftcard instead, as I've generally been advised to do--he was fine with that, so I started that process. There was one remaining $20-$30 item that was zeroed out and no matter what came up with the red "item not found" screen, so I told him that unfortunately we didn't sell that particular item anymore, so it wasn't in our system and we were unable to issue a refund, which is what I've always been told--if you can't make it happen on the register, then it can't be done (barring extenuating circumstances). He made a scene about it, I ended up calling up my closing TL who backed me up, he took our names for corporate and proceeded to storm around the store to spend the giftcard from the other items before leaving.

Today, was told by my SETLs (who are great, usually I'm totally on board with how they handle guest situations) that he had called the store this morning, and I was basically told that they decided to back me up this time, but in the future I should just issue a free giftcard for the value of the item as an apology for the "inconvenience"? That's not something I remember ever having anyone do in my years there and just seems off to me, just wondering if that's standard at other locations or what. Getting really frustrated with my store continuing to basically give away merchandise/giftcards to rude guests just to avoid bad surveys.

If I get item not found on the register and it's zero'd out on the Zebra, I tell them to item is no longer in the system, and I can't return the item without a receipt. I explain that if I did a no receipt return on this item, the system would issue $0. If they find the receipt, then we can do the return because the system will know how much was paid and how much to refund to them. Works most of the time, but of course there will be Karens who will escalate.

Can’t speak to other stuff but owned brand items are 365 days with physical reciept.

Yeah, in the past I've had spotty success with receipts actually working for that, but I figured that was why most of the stuff worked fine with the receipt, totally makes sense

If I get item not found on the register and it's zero'd out on the Zebra, I tell them to item is no longer in the system, and I can't return the item without a receipt. I explain that if I did a no receipt return on this item, the system would issue $0. If they find the receipt, then we can do the return because the system will know how much was paid and how much to refund to them. Works most of the time, but of course there will be Karens who will escalate.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I've always tried to communicate. It was a little tough cause he did have his receipt, but it was 3 months expired so it wouldn't work for the return. I get that it's frustrating to have proof of purchase but not be able to return it, but also our return policies are pretty fair and clearly communicated, and we attempted the return to the best of our abilities. I'm just confused that my store is telling me that in the event of escalation, I should just give them an "apology giftcard" for the value of the item, so they leave with the item & a free giftcard just so they don't go home and call corporate or something.

I'm just confused that my store is telling me that in the event of escalation, I should just give them an "apology giftcard" for the value of the item, so they leave with the item & a free giftcard just so they don't go home and call corporate or something.
Corporate thinking is they would rather lose a few bucks now, than lose all the potential purchases in the future. It depends on your SD, ETL and TLs to decide when to ignore policy and "make it right" for the guest. Now, you have a guideline for your store.

If it is now not on file and the receipt is that old, I don't accept the return. They can rant all they want.

Once a guy bought a toy in a target 30 minutes away about 1 week before coming to my store. It was an item we did not carry. We tried everything, but it wouldn't process, so we just made him a gc and he was happy with that.

If it is now not on file and the receipt is that old, I don't accept the return. They can rant all they want.

Once a guy bought a toy in a target 30 minutes away about 1 week before coming to my store. It was an item we did not carry. We tried everything, but it wouldn't process, so we just made him a gc and he was happy with that.
In that scenario see if mywork will let you rewrap and try that barcode. Will be discounted though

I feel like this is a dumb question but are your stores taking returns on masks? Obviously, they would have to be defected out but I asked my GSTL since some guests wanted to know if they could return masks if they didn't fit. We're right now not accepting returns on HBA/food items if that would make a difference.

Unfortunately, my GSTL had no real answer and only instructed me to "Make it right for the guest".

I feel like this is a dumb question but are your stores taking returns on masks? Obviously, they would have to be defected out but I asked my GSTL since some guests wanted to know if they could return masks if they didn't fit. We're right now not accepting returns on HBA/food items if that would make a difference.

Unfortunately, my GSTL had no real answer and only instructed me to "Make it right for the guest".
We are but we just defect them out...

Back