Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

So I take it that I shouldn't have changed it for him? I guess I got lucky that the service advocate responsible for closing the registers handled it instead.
In a normal situation, I agree that AP would talk to him about it but this ETL is always chatting with the AP team members so I'm skeptical that he would be disciplined. I'm curious to see how this turns out though.
I understand the seriousness of team members price challenging so I would never do it. I would rather buy a similar item at another store than risk losing my job over saving a few dollars.

AP would love to take down an ETL. And ETLs don't know everything. I would not be surprised if the data that gets recorded on TMs is reviewed above the store level. I don't think the TM who changed it would get in trouble because it was their boss telling them to change the price. There is a conflict there. Now, if the same TM is changing prices for the same ETL more than once, then there could be a conversation. Me being the pain in the ass that I am, might have said, "Are you sure? Does the DCPI match?" Is your job only worth $26?"

So I take it that I shouldn't have changed it for him? I guess I got lucky that the service advocate responsible for closing the registers handled it instead.
In a normal situation, I agree that AP would talk to him about it but this ETL is always chatting with the AP team members so I'm skeptical that he would be disciplined. I'm curious to see how this turns out though.
I understand the seriousness of team members price challenging so I would never do it. I would rather buy a similar item at another store than risk losing my job over saving a few dollars.
Like, that is just crazy to me. We work in retail, we know how this goes. We know how to read signs. An ETL should not even entertain the idea of challenging a price. Their ass should be fired, seriously.

Trust me AP has no problem talking to anyone. I love my AP TMs and love chatting with all of them. But I know they’d have no problem bringing down the hammer

I agree that in this case you won’t get in trouble bc your boss told you to, but I wouldn’t do it again since itcould look like an inside job

According to workbench. Print labels is going away on pos. Only ways to defect will be during a transaction and from mydevice.

if anyone from Corp is reading this. There is NO reason for this change and it will only serve to make GSTMs lives harder. Please don’t do this.
No, there is. It means any updates and changes to the back end can be done without needed to alter the code of the POS system, something I'm sure is much harder to do and requires more testing than just app updates.

AP would love to take down an ETL. And ETLs don't know everything. I would not be surprised if the data that gets recorded on TMs is reviewed above the store level. I don't think the TM who changed it would get in trouble because it was their boss telling them to change the price. There is a conflict there. Now, if the same TM is changing prices for the same ETL more than once, then there could be a conversation. Me being the pain in the ass that I am, might have said, "Are you sure? Does the DCPI match?" Is your job only worth $26?"
Thank you, it's reassuring to know that if it's not a pattern, I won't be getting blamed for it. He rarely makes purchases so I hope that I won't encounter this situation again.
Trust me AP has no problem talking to anyone. I love my AP TMs and love chatting with all of them. But I know they’d have no problem bringing down the hammer

I agree that in this case you won’t get in trouble bc your boss told you to, but I wouldn’t do it again since itcould look like an inside job
I have almost no way of knowing if it happens but I hope at least AP talks to him and reinforces that price challenging is off-limits for team members. He probably doesn't get how serious it is and I hope he gets a warning and he doesn't do it again.

I was wondering if this would ever get fixed. I don't do defect labels very often but I always have to hit it twice to get one
If it doesn’t print the first sticker, scan the barcode again and there’s a link that says something like “reprint” or “print label”. That should print out the label without defecting it twice. Not that I believe anyone in my store is checking the amount of things we defect, but I guess you never know.

Got brand new printers and they are STILL ONLY PRINTING EVERY OTHER DEFECT LABEL!!!! Ugh! Target pleeeeease fix this!
It was fixed for a few weeks, and it started glitching again recently. Maybe a software update reversed the previous fix and re-introduced the bug.

Make sure your printer is set to uh...there's bar and gap, try the opposite of whatever it's set to?

That's what I thought but I couldn't remember. Make sure you're set to bar, because I can see being set to gap making it seemingly print every other sticker.

Yup anything that could blow up in my face isn't being done on my number's. Oh approving this sale against policy etl? Your numbers

Honestly never been concerned about breaking policy so long as I can rationally explain why I did so. Policies are a guideline, I've never considered them a thing that needed to be followed to the letter.

If I know what my SD, or ETL would do without asking them, I'm not asking them. I'm just going to do it.

Got brand new printers and they are STILL ONLY PRINTING EVERY OTHER DEFECT LABEL!!!! Ugh! Target pleeeeease fix this!
I was wondering if this would ever get fixed. I don't do defect labels very often but I always have to hit it twice to get one

I implore you to call these in and create incidents. We can't fix what we don't know is broken. Otherwise you can send me printer names and we can attempt to take a look.
Are you specifically seeing issues with the new printers?

Thats actually a good idea. Test your service with a test call to see how easy or hard it is for information to get to you.

^^ I still hate that there is an extra step to getting the scannable barcode. It really should be embedded like it used to be.
At first I hated it but then I realized that they did it bc With the old way if you left the screen open On the wallet page and then went back into the app it would freeze until you did face or Touch ID. Super annoying

Back