Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

9011 has been blocked for long enough, any rain checks should be expired. I think they expect you to match the discount on another nonsale item instead. Ahh, I remember when we would make substitution signs when stuff was out of stock. That SUCKED.
It's 9801, not 9011, and it still works.

Has anyone else's store had issues with a certain "Medela" baby monitors and their serial numbers not scanning properly? When I had a guest who wanted to buy that particular one, the ETL-SE told me that he took the guest to Guest Services since he could "override" the requirement for a serial number at the old POS system. I just tried looking up the item online and I couldn't find it but I'll try to find a DPCI for it if I can.

I'm not sure if it's a manufacturer issue or a Target issue of why it keeps happening and it hasn't been fixed.

Has anyone else's store had issues with a certain "Medela" baby monitors and their serial numbers not scanning properly? When I had a guest who wanted to buy that particular one, the ETL-SE told me that he took the guest to Guest Services since he could "override" the requirement for a serial number at the old POS system. I just tried looking up the item online and I couldn't find it but I'll try to find a DPCI for it if I can.

I'm not sure if it's a manufacturer issue or a Target issue of why it keeps happening and it hasn't been fixed.
if that ever happens I just override the serial number as he did (anyone with supervisor access can do it), then I my support it with the DPCI.

Those are for signing up for the red card. I've seen them work many times both on registers and SCO. I think there are exclusions so just make sure that they are up to $40 not including things that are excluded.
we had an error on new POS with them, but suspending it and pulling it back up on another register worked. new POS is so gosh darn glitchy.

if that ever happens I just override the serial number as he did (anyone with supervisor access can do it), then I my support it with the DPCI.
Can new POS not skip entering a serial number? We don't have the new POS, but I am guessing we may get it soon. We just had all our registers replaced. But they only replaced the actual hardware, the software hasn't changed yet. Only real difference I've noticed is that receipts print way faster now.

You can't skip serial number, the workaround is just doing it as no barcode. What I've been noticing lately: the $5 coupons from CVS for getting the flu shot don't seem to work on the checklanes. So that's fun.
What’s really weird is that this coupon will work one day and then the next day it won’t work. I’ll just take $1 off of 5 items or something like that, but it’s still inconvenient.

What’s really weird is that this coupon will work one day and then the next day it won’t work. I’ll just take $1 off of 5 items or something like that, but it’s still inconvenient.
one thing to remember is the total must be $5 *before* tax for it to work, and there are like a bunch of exclusions on the coupon

The $5 CVS coupons fail for me about 1 in 10 (after factoring in the $5 or above). My guess is 1/3-1/2 of those are people who used them at self check out and then stuck them back in their wallet thinking they weren't used or I am not sure if this would invalidate them or not- they tried to use on an under $5 at sco or use more than one at sco and it recorded the number but didn't give the discount because it didn't qualify. That leaves about 1 in 20 that actually doesn't work, that the guest said they just received it. I had my first one not work yesterday after several dozen that did work but it seems to go in batches of ones that don't work.

I had an issue tonight with a guest who wanted to buy a prepaid mobile phone (not sure what brand) but when it scanned and the guest wanted to pay, the POS called me over and displayed a message of "Item was not activated, void and rescan" repeatedly. The guest also had that same issue when he went to a regular register to check out. I think the closing lead explained to the guest that they had to come buy the item when Tech/Mobile team members were working (10:00 AM-5:00 PM). I'm wondering if any of you have encountered this kind of issue with prepaid phones.

I had an issue tonight with a guest who wanted to buy a prepaid mobile phone (not sure what brand) but when it scanned and the guest wanted to pay, the POS called me over and displayed a message of "Item was not activated, void and rescan" repeatedly. The guest also had that same issue when he went to a regular register to check out. I think the closing lead explained to the guest that they had to come buy the item when Tech/Mobile team members were working (10:00 AM-5:00 PM). I'm wondering if any of you have encountered this kind of issue with prepaid phones.
I haven't run into it, although I remember we had issues like two years ago with scanning the wrong barcode on prepaid phones - it would accept whatever you scanned when prompted to scan the activation barcode, and some folks were scanning the wrong barcode, because there's a few clumped together. The receipt would print and say something like "activated within an hour" or something instead of "activation successful". I wonder if that's the error message that returns now when the correct barcode isn't scanned?

In any of the multitude of apps on our Zebras, is there a way to see metrics about when Drive Up is busiest? I know we can see the Drive Up times throughout the day (or week or month).

Back