Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

first hit total. sometimes they don't come off until you do. if it's still not working, make sure the product matches exactly to the requirements. then adjust price if needed
On the screen it said "product name" at $16.99. The coupon was for $6 off and it said manufacture coupon underneath the item on the screen. When I scanned the item with the zebra, it was 16.99. I think it was for contact lens stuff.

Is there a way to get the receipt barcode when you do the lookup?
in receipt viewer if you click original receipt, it actually does print a receipt barcode. it looks literally exactly like the printed receipt you’d get from the register... i think it does include vcd. only thing is i’ve noticed clicking original view doesn’t always load, so it may not always be an option.

my TL and I thought it was the coolest the day we say that option and we even did a return off a printed receipt from receipt viewer!

On the screen it said "product name" at $16.99. The coupon was for $6 off and it said manufacture coupon underneath the item on the screen. When I scanned the item with the zebra, it was 16.99. I think it was for contact lens stuff.
oh yeah opti free or clear care. just make sure it's the two pack (which it probably is if it's $16.99) and then manually do it if it won't

should you choose to you could my support it

in receipt viewer if you click original receipt, it actually does print a receipt barcode. it looks literally exactly like the printed receipt you’d get from the register... i think it does include vcd. only thing is i’ve noticed clicking original view doesn’t always load, so it may not always be an option.

my TL and I thought it was the coolest the day we say that option and we even did a return off a printed receipt from receipt viewer!
The original receipts showed the barcode and VCD a few weeks ago, but not recently for the receipt lookups I've been doing. Maybe something has changed.

The original receipts showed the barcode and VCD a few weeks ago, but not recently for the receipt lookups I've been doing. Maybe something has changed.
I got one to randomly work last week, but my others didn’t even load. No idea if it’s just broken or if they took that function away.

Has anyone had a lot of no receipt Casaluna returns lately? And noticed that POS doesn’t apply a limit when it usually would after a certain $ amount?

About receipt viewer, according to CSC they took away the barcode and vcd for security purposes. Thanks Spot. Please stop fixing things that aren’t broken.

About receipt viewer, according to CSC they took away the barcode and vcd for security purposes. Thanks Spot. Please stop fixing things that aren’t broken.
that's how it should be tbh. no receipt, no card, the only option should be ID return. that should not be overridden unless it's an EXTREME case approved by a leader and you would just K8 call for override anyways.

depends if the order was placed through target app or shipt app. If target app returns are like everyday returns, if purchased through shipt app the process is initiated through that app
A prepaid shipt order where the shipt shopper is having to do the return on the guests behalf. There is info in MyDay, but not enough.

Ugh. We have a customer (refuse to call her a guest) who is becoming notorious around the front end for asking to speak to "a manager, but not the foreign one."

One of our SETLs is from somewhere in Latin America (not sure which country), and speaks with an accent but nobody ever has issues understanding him and he's about the nicest human being on the planet.

Fuck you, racist shitbag.

Ugh. We have a customer (refuse to call her a guest) who is becoming notorious around the front end for asking to speak to "a manager, but not the foreign one."

One of our SETLs is from somewhere in Latin America (not sure which country), and speaks with an accent but nobody ever has issues understanding him and he's about the nicest human being on the planet.

OH I AM SO OVER THIS. It happens repeatedly at my store with some of our GSTMs and I am just done. So the GSTM can tell you the EXACT same thing I do and yet you believe me rather than them?

Last edited:
OH I AM SO OVER THIS. It happens repeatedly at my store with some of our GSTMs and I am just done. So they can tell you the EXACT same thing I do and yet you believe me rather than them?
I once had a fellow tm borrow the male toys tm to sell this tv to this guest who had his young daughter come in an FaceTime so he could shop for a TV and he wouldn't talk to our female tm cause she's not" an expert on tvs" (she is) . So she told me she went and got an expert (guy toy tm and explain the situation) he came back parrots her information guest buys the tv with service plan. Meanwhile the daughter just stood there not embarrassed and like a dam robot she didn't even say thank you at the end.

yeah this happens at my store. If they ask for me instead I literally will just say "what [OTHER ™] said was correct"

I wanted to add my frustrations about situations when guests attempt to use more manufacturer coupons than allowed. I just wish that when a guest uses coupons at self-checkout, it would let the team member remove the coupon without removing the item in order to adhere to the coupon limits.

I wanted to add my frustrations about situations when guests attempt to use more manufacturer coupons than allowed. I just wish that when a guest uses coupons at self-checkout, it would let the team member remove the coupon without removing the item in order to adhere to the coupon limits.
POS should block more than one MFR coupon per item/4 identical coupons in one transaction. are you saying it's not doing that?

POS should block more than one MFR coupon per item/4 identical coupons in one transaction. are you saying it's not doing that?
Let me clarify, I think the POS still limits to one MFR coupon per item and 4 identical coupons in one transaction but it doesn't limit guests when the coupon says "Limit one/two identical coupons per household per day" and it allows the guest to scan three of those same coupons. Let's say the guest nicely agrees to buy that third item without using the manufacturer coupon after I explain the coupon limit, it wouldn't allow the item to be scanned without the coupon value subtracted in the same transaction, which defeats the purpose of the coupon limits.

This situation occurred on Monday night and I had to call my SETL over to handle it since self-checkout was so busy although I'm not sure how he handled that. I wish the POS could sense which coupons are limited to only one or two per guest and deny them if the guest attempts to scan more than the limit.

Last edited:
In your state, for ID returns, are you scanning the ID with the hand scanner or is the guest swiping it on the card reader? I've never seen one that can be swiped.

In your state, for ID returns, are you scanning the ID with the hand scanner or is the guest swiping it on the card reader? I've never seen one that can be swiped.
Scanned. I think some states used to have IDs that could be swiped but every state I’ve seen now has a PDF417 barcode on the back of the ID.

Back