Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

So I have no idea what happened. I called spot customer service to do a price adjustment on an Apple TV because Walmart had it $10 cheaper, but for some reason they reduced the final price from like $166 and change to $126. Hey I’m not complaining, but I wonder what went wrong there haha.

The only thing I can think of is they accidentally matched it with the wrong model Apple TV, but I told them up front what the new price was and what the price difference was. But I’m not saying anything 🤐

Last edited:
So I have no idea what happened. I called spot customer service to do a price adjustment on an Apple TV because Walmart had it $10 cheaper, but for some reason they reduced the final price from like $166 and change to $126. Hey I’m not complaining, but I wonder what went wrong there haha.

The only thing I can think of is they accidentally matched it with the wrong model Apple TV, but I told them up front what the new price was and what the price difference was. But I’m not saying anything 🤐
Their is no Apple TV for $126 on Walmart so they probably hit the wrong button. If the price adjustment was to $155 they probably just hit the 2 which is below the 5.

Do any of you have an organized lost and found drawer? We tried to get organized once and it was half assed. The information on hand says to give lost credit cards to the SETL. What happens to them next because my SETLs have no clue. How about the gift cards?

Do any of you have an organized lost and found drawer? We tried to get organized once and it was half assed. The information on hand says to give lost credit cards to the SETL. What happens to them next because my SETLs have no clue. How about the gift cards?
We have a horrible bin but a book that’s half organized where we log everything

things of high value (cards, wallets, etc) should be put in cash office i believe

The high value stuff, in my store goes into a locked drawer. If we have something that doesn't fit in there, we give it to AP. We have a bin for stupid crap and we dump it in the trash on occasion.

Lost and found should be in a bin. Like paid and left, reverse logistics, esim, ect. Everything should be logged and a new paper placed daily by opener.

The high value items should be placed in the lock drawer in zip lock bags (these are ordered on go cart and not taken off the floor) at the end of the night all high value items are placed in cash office and held for 90 (?) Days. Large high value items should be given to team lead to place in CO immediately after being logged.

The Lost and found bin gets emptied every (30) days into toss or donations.

I'm sure you can find all of this on work bench by looking up "lost and found" into search. It should also be in your policies binder in guest serv

Our store is testing these new security devices. They kinda suck if I’m being honest. The cool part about these however is that the door sensors and the actual alarm on the security device beeps when it’s not removed and you try to walk out with it. The sensor goes off if you tamper with it as well. Anybody else get these yet?

Our store is testing these new security devices. They kinda suck if I’m being honest. The cool part about these however is that the door sensors and the actual alarm on the security device beeps when it’s not removed and you try to walk out with it. The sensor goes off if you tamper with it as well. Anybody else get these yet?
I remember a while back they were testing them and it seemed cool. Hope they expand it everywhere bc our current ones miss a lot of the tags and go off randomly

I remember a while back they were testing them and it seemed cool. Hope they expand it everywhere bc our current ones miss a lot of the tags and go off randomly
We got a ton but it’s like a sticker so you can pull it off. If you pull it off the alarm obviously makes so much noise but they are cool I guess.

As for security on Style items our store is moving to the red tags.. we weren’t tagging soft lines at all before but maybe style shortage is growing or the company is trying to be more aggressive at all stores..

We tag all women's bathing suits, All in Motion and now Wild Fable that starts with 331 which is just about everything except the graphic tees.

Does anyone know how to get the scanner reset barcode to come on screen for self checkout scanners

Does anyone know how to get the scanner reset barcode to come on screen for self checkout scanners
This resets the scanner so you scan this and I believe you may have to unplug the scanner or restart the register after just so it can set itself back up. I’m not sure if it’s the same one but it works and is on the manual for the scanner. The one on the register is under devices and scanners I would think. It rarely fixes the scanner problem tho.

Attachments

• 2C35D344-2F9F-4ADF-9001-53C2A389369B.jpeg
    2C35D344-2F9F-4ADF-9001-53C2A389369B.jpeg
    55.4 KB · Views: 13
store mode -> settings or whatever -> technician access -> reset scanner iirc
Thanks!
What is that and what are you trying to do?
Hand scanners sometimes aren’t setup properly and won’t work. There are barcodes for getting them to a new setup state that sometimes work.

Regardless we have asked for them to be fully replaced because ever since they installed the new Zebra flatbed scanners they haven’t been working very well with the hand scanners. The scanners will beep as if they are working but nothing rings up on screen. Causing a huge AP issue at our store because guests think items are being scanned when they are not.

Back