Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

What if there, right next to reprint, was a button for print new bag label? I’m just trying to think of ways to make it easier to not just reprint one label for 10 bags

What if there, right next to reprint, was a button for print new bag label? I’m just trying to think of ways to make it easier to not just reprint one label for 10 bags
There would be too many buttons on the screen most likely, making fat fingering the wrong one while in a rush more likely. Figure out who is doing things wrong and coach them. Please don't come up with things that make life more frustrating for those of us who do things right.

There would be too many buttons on the screen most likely, making fat fingering the wrong one while in a rush more likely. Figure out who is doing things wrong and coach them. Please don't come up with things that make life more frustrating for those of us who do things right.
That's totally valid-- and I definitely agree that the people doing it right shouldn't be punished.

I just wish there was a way to make it easier for people who don't do it right to learn how to do it right (bc it seems sometimes even when told, they don't)

Last edited:

It's actually easy to create a label for each thing that should have a label. It's just that OPU doesn't do DU and DU doesn't OPU, most of the time. If more people were cross trained, we could make the whole thing run smoother. Even if a DU TM only did 1 hour of OPU, it would help. Personally, I think OPU would need a whole shift in DU

That’s a glitch. I would’ve requisitioned a GC for $5.99 and applied that as payment. Because heaven forbid they let us adjust the price of an online item 🙃
Didn't think of it in the moment, thankfully they did not mind and bought it anyway. I am always so embarrassed when the technology doesn't work the way it should and make me look like a fool.

Didn't think of it in the moment, thankfully they did not mind and bought it anyway. I am always so embarrassed when the technology doesn't work the way it should and make me look like a fool.
There is nothing that bothers me more than when we make something hard for the guest simply because of our mistake/bad tech. if it's the guests fault, I'll do what I can in the moment, but I will fight for the guest till the end of time if it's our fault (onetime I stayed on hold with target.com for over an hour for them)

On the new POS, do you have to log in to the banking app and hit start funds, if the register has been unused? Or can you just swap bags? Me and the other closer are having debates on this. We know it has been unused, because it is a less likely to be used and we put the start fund bag on the printer. Just trying to save some time with closing these things at night.

Today was a shit show! Stimulus checks and income tax returns created a perfect storm. I was always understaffed m, then I had two call outs. I tried setting a timer and rotating TMs from every area every 20 minuets. Then I heard another TL tell her TM not to respond. Seriously? I am held accountable for NPS. What the?

Last edited:
Today was HORRIBLE. We had 3 call outs on register. No TL to run the lanes, just me and the ETL told me no one was available to backup today, so don’t even call. We had team members, but they’re so behind on reshop that “we can’t afford to have them on lanes.” I was running around like crazy, trying to make it a little better while guests were just screaming at me. ETL didn’t even want to come up to talk to guests that wanted a manager.

I was honestly ready to walk out at one point, but just a quick cry did the trick. I didn’t even get either 15s because just absolutely no support and team members.

Today was a shit show! Stimulus checks and income tax returns created a perfect storm. I was always understaffed m, then I had two call outs. I tried setting a timer and rotating TMs from every area every 20 minuets. Then I heard another TL tell her TM not to respond. Seriously? I am healed accountable for NPS. What the?

The floor was slammed as well. It was bonkers. I had literal lines of guests waiting to ask me questions, in domestics, FFS. And people wanting all the big shit--furniture, fridges, vacuums (which got moved to above the line, which was packed because we are so far behind on freight). I got reshop done tonight and, like, folded towels. It was worse than I can ever recall seeing.

The being told not to call, isn't a "we don't want to help" thing, it's an everyone is in OPU thing, usually. Target is all about metrics and the one for guest complaints about waiting in line is less important then the ones that are for OPU

The being told not to call, isn't a "we don't want to help" thing, it's an everyone is in OPU thing, usually. Target is all about metrics and the one for guest complaints about waiting in line is less important then the ones that are for OPU
My store is of the philosophy that the guest standing in front of you is always the most important. Back in the old days when drive up first started and wasn’t as big they used to still sometimes only schedule one person at GS so if we had a line and heard honk honk, they’ll be waiting a bit. Nowadays not as big of a deal as we pretty much have a drive up team.

As an SETL, I can tell you that the NPS score is just as important as any other metric.

Do the NPS surveys ask only about the checkout experience, or does it ask about your experience finding stuff in the store, too?

NPS is also about finding things in the store and interacting with “employees” while shopping. NPS is very important to the SD and DSD. I realize that each work center seems to only care about their metrics, but a store is judged by every metric.

Back