Archived Cashier pay vs gsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found out earlier today that our cashiers are now starting at 10.50(nor cal) and im only getting 10.75 as a gsa. Currently developing into a team lead. I know from reading the forums that not much success has happened whenever we request for a raise, but what should i say to HR and GE etls when i speak to them about my pay tomorrow?

Is it the result of a minimum wage increase? If so, the starting point of every paygrade should increase accordingly.

Is it the result of a minimum wage increase? If so, the starting point of every paygrade should increase accordingly.
Yes but our minimum wage is actually 9. They increased our starting pay i believe to beat the competing companys around us.

If cashier pay grade is at 10.50, GSA will be 11.00

If you're already making that, you're screwed then.

Source: Happened at my store.

If a wage increase comes through, minimum or competitive, base pay will be bumped up and all paygrades will rise accordingly. If you are making less than what the new rate is for your paygrades then you will see an increase. If you are already making at least the new rate for your paygrades then you do not see an increase. It sucks.

I'm curious if we just got an unannounced raise related to competitive wages, or if I just got fucked. Just went from 8.15 on my last check to 8.50 on my newest check.

I have GSA and CO Training shifts scheduled, so my jobcode either just changed, or will be changing soon from Cashier to GSA. That should be a $0.50 raise. I am unsure if this $0.35 raise I got is in addition to a $0.50 raise I'll get soon, or was all I am getting.

Your paygrade is on your paycheck. If its only $0.35, then I would bet it's just a competitive wage raise. The surest way to know would be to ask your HR.

sorry, i was wrong. your position title is on your paycheck (which is indicative of your paygrade).

Hmm...it used to be on pay stubs, but maybe it's not anymore. There's usually only one line I'm looking for on my pay stubs lol. I know that info is on the pay and benefits website for sure.

Hmm...it used to be on pay stubs, but maybe it's not anymore. There's usually only one line I'm looking for on my pay stubs lol. I know that info is on the pay and benefits website for sure.

I think it's just on the electronic version now, not the paper stub.

I think it's just on the electronic version now, not the paper stub.
That's probably why I was confused. I have direct deposit and paperless, so I just check my pay stub on Tuesdays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back