Archived Changes to the way Reshop is handled

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a problem with them announcing the reshop is there, but they must be the only person in the store that doesn't know no one is working in specific departments until the closing team comes in around 4.
Working GS, we often do not get much in the way of communication.

We have been doing the no abandons at the service desk thing for probably a little over a year now. The reason is so all merchandise is on the floor or located in the backroom because you can't sell it if you don't know you have it. Flexible fulfillment and SFS need it in its correct place to find it. It works pretty good but there have definitely been times that we only have 1 person on the floor and they are pushing pulls so I just have the sd put it in a 3 tier and push it down the hall until we can get to it. We have 1 3 tier behind the service desk. It's separated by 3 handbaskets -bulleyes playground, sl, electronics. Hba and market on top and everything else in the middle of the cart. Sl fills up fast so they are constantly picking up and processing. We also aren't allowed to have abandons at the fitting room so the fitting room tm processes them as quick as they can and they push them or sl has to keep running back and forth pushing them. On a weekday morning the fitting room tm can typically keep up with it but on the weekend the sl tm has to basically do nothing besides push abandons.

I always roll my eyes when only the task teams are in the store during the morning and the Guest Service TM calls out 'The TM working in C & D needs to come get their reshop!' While I'm at it, it's always funny when the GSA calls for more backup on the weekends when every single Sales Floor TM is already on the register.

I reply back that would be you since there is no salesfloor here .

We have been doing the no abandons at the service desk thing for probably a little over a year now. The reason is so all merchandise is on the floor or located in the backroom because you can't sell it if you don't know you have it. Flexible fulfillment and SFS need it in its correct place to find it. It works pretty good but there have definitely been times that we only have 1 person on the floor and they are pushing pulls so I just have the sd put it in a 3 tier and push it down the hall until we can get to it. We have 1 3 tier behind the service desk. It's separated by 3 handbaskets -bulleyes playground, sl, electronics. Hba and market on top and everything else in the middle of the cart. Sl fills up fast so they are constantly picking up and processing. We also aren't allowed to have abandons at the fitting room so the fitting room tm processes them as quick as they can and they push them or sl has to keep running back and forth pushing them. On a weekday morning the fitting room tm can typically keep up with it but on the weekend the sl tm has to basically do nothing besides push abandons.
We use a total of 3 three tiers. One of SL, one for A, B, C/D, and the other market, electronics, seasonal.

This wouldn't happen at my store. I'm in a AAA+ store. Two worlds. We do 200k on weekdays even this time of the year. I know this is what some of you guy do for the week.

I am glad your whole team is superman/woman

The hotel lobby must be what corporate is pushing as its what they are parroting to us. We were told we needed to sort and defect out any reshop we brought up, no carts for gs to sort for us... hopefully their princess etls actually comply.

The thing that makes me mad about my store is no one organizes the reshop. Every one of my shifts (I only work one day a week) I organize it into it properly: 1 Carr of softli
Heh, that's a whole different issue. Our store has no LOD schedule so no ETL ever claims LOD. If someone calls the LOD over the walkie all you hear are crickets.
I usually just start calling out specific names of ETLs i know are there. That's quite sad though

My store (I think AA volume) used to have a lot of carts,
A/B Cart (H&B)
C Cart (School Office/Furniture)
D/E Cart (Kitchen,Small Apps/Bed,Bath)
Electronics Cart
Toys Cart
Sporting Goods Cart
SL Cart
Seasonal Cart
Three-Tier for Consumables.

My ETL-GE has informed me that now its;
Cart with 2 baskets inside (1 for A/B and 1 for Electronics)
Cart for (C/D/E)
Cart for (Toys/SG/Seasonal/Luggage)
SL Cart
Three-Tier for Consumables.

I've closed the desk once with this new system, and to put it bluntly, it fucking sucks.
My ETLGE is on my ass my entire shift about how there is more than 10 items in each cart and I need to call SF to pick up their shit. *Did I mention, (ASANTS) GSTMs can't push full abandon carts to the middle stockroom? (If you have one at least)*
But guess what, no-one responds, no-one comes and picks up the carts, I don't know what he wants me to do since I can't bring the carts back myself.

I've closed the desk once with this new system, and to put it bluntly, it fucking sucks.
My ETLGE is on my ass my entire shift about how there is more than 10 items in each cart and I need to call SF to pick up their shit. *Did I mention, (ASANTS) GSTMs can't push full abandon carts to the middle stockroom? (If you have one at least)*
But guess what, no-one responds, no-one comes and picks up the carts, I don't know what he wants me to do since I can't bring the carts back myself.
"I've called for them to pick up their returns 3 times now. Why don't you help me out? I think someone from HL is on lane 7, you could take the cart to them and it would take less than a minute!"

"I've called for them to pick up their returns 3 times now. Why don't you help me out? I think someone from HL is on lane 7, you could take the cart to them and it would take less than a minute!"
I would just bring it to them, however the shift I worked with this new system, they weren't on the lanes. They just wouldn't response. I mean, I get it, SF have others things to worry about and I wouldn't keep calling after the first time if the TL's weren't so on me to make sure there is no reshop sitting there.

I always grab a few when I walk by IGS, but when I'm LOD if my team is stuck on a lane or pushing CAFs it's a lot easier to just push them all myself. Can't say the same about my peers though. :rolleyes:

W
Did anyone else location get rid of all the reshop carts at GS.
at my location it use to be:
  • (2) three tier carts for HBA
  • Soft Lines
  • Chemicals
  • Stationery/ Kitchen
  • Domestics
  • Toys/electronics
  • Market
  • Seasonal
Now there just one cart for Softlines and one for Hardlines....HBA still have their carts, tho.

Our Team leads say its a district/company thing. Seems like total BS to me!!
Yes we are considered one of the smaller locations in my area, but were also attached to the mall for god sakes. Weekends, movie night and whenever the kids have no school are going to be terrible, nothing will ever get done because were going to be up at GS every 10 minuets collecting reshop.

It wouldn't be so bad if we had a sorting location where one person was dedicated to sorting, like soft lines have the fitting room, BUT THEM AGAIN THATS WHAT WE HAD GS FOR !! UGhh

What do you guys think about this change and for how long do you think it'll last?
Were to have 3 2 tiers, one for a-d, electronics and market/seasonal, and one for softlines/one spot. Works terrible. Our group VP mentioned no reshop at any time. I laughed when I heard it as somedays we can't get an operator in til 11, or sales floor

Last edited:
In our store its the TLOD's responsibility to either do the reshop or task it out. Starting at 11 the GSTL /GSA will call for reshop and every hour after that. It will be interesting because we too have just begun this process.

my store has the half wall but we switched to 3 tiers. and also softlines is no longer able to have a z rack. we now get a rack 1/3 the size, the one we used to use for clearance or swimsuits. it fills up in 15 minutes or less, and the clothes dangle on the floor and will get damaged. and we only have 1 or 2 softlines people scheduled at a time lately, zoning can't happen anymore, softlines is completely trashed. and now we also have to walk all other areas to the departments they belong in. so stupid.

You all are DEFINITELY in the same group as me lol. Reshop thing is working pretty well though, in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back