Archived Changes to the way Reshop is handled

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JJacks

Did anyone else location get rid of all the reshop carts at GS.
at my location it use to be:
  • (2) three tier carts for HBA
  • Soft Lines
  • Chemicals
  • Stationery/ Kitchen
  • Domestics
  • Toys/electronics
  • Market
  • Seasonal
Now there just one cart for Softlines and one for Hardlines....HBA still have their carts, tho.

Our Team leads say its a district/company thing. Seems like total BS to me!!
Yes we are considered one of the smaller locations in my area, but were also attached to the mall for god sakes. Weekends, movie night and whenever the kids have no school are going to be terrible, nothing will ever get done because were going to be up at GS every 10 minuets collecting reshop.

It wouldn't be so bad if we had a sorting location where one person was dedicated to sorting, like soft lines have the fitting room, BUT THEM AGAIN THATS WHAT WE HAD GS FOR !! UGhh

What do you guys think about this change and for how long do you think it'll last?

My store's pretty old so we never had the false wall with carts behind it. We used bins by recently got rid of the whole setup in favor of 3 bins under the counter. Market, headlines, softlines. Guest service does very little now.

You are probably in the same region as me, it's not just your store. The RVP said he wants a hotel lobby at guest services. They don't want guest to see reshop.

We started with the three tiers but got rid of those. Now we have a couple bins under the desk the guest cannot see. We are required to run reshop all the time. Come off the lanes? Grab some reshop...

Out of area reshop? Don't bring it to guest service.

A-B bin with a tiny box for cosmo
C-D bin
E-F bin for electronics
Softlines
One for bullseye

This is the same region that is experimenting with Target Tech completing taking over electronics. My store isn't there yet.

I hate to say it but these changes are coming from someone who has clearly never worked in a store.

Last edited:
Interesting.

My store as the half wall that carts are hidden behind so guests see nothing. We have 1 3-tier for HBA/pets/chemicals, 1 cart for B (kitchen/school&office/cards&party), 1 cart for C & D (bath, bedding, storage, lighting, etc), 1 cart for toys, electronics and seasonal, 1 cart for softlines and 1 3-tier for fan central/bullseye/checklanes.

Bins under the GS registers to sort into proper carts when there's time.

Mine started doing this too. It seems... ill-advised.

Getting carts with reshop from all over the store is annoying. Sure, I can dig out everything from a section, but when I go to a different section, something inevitably pops up from the original section that still needs to be reshopped. Can save it until the end, but then I still need to go back to that section to reshop it.

When the GS was explaining the system to me, I'll admit, I zoned out a little, because I knew we wouldn't still have this system in six months.

My previous store made that change a couple years back. They went from the half-wall carts setup to only two 3 tiers pushed up to the side wall for all gobacks. My current store uses bins on shelves on a side wall, but doesn't have the half-wall area (or much room at all at GS, really) so I'm not sure if they've always done it this way.

You are probably in the same region as me, it's not just your store. The RVP said he wants a hotel lobby at guest services. They don't want guest to see reshop
We are definitely not the same region, and we are getting the same terminology and expectations.

Our fitting room is a disaster with reshop. Our fitting room queen who has been there since the store opened, can't even believe the mess. It's been this way since Black Thursday.

You are probably in the same region as me, it's not just your store. The RVP said he wants a hotel lobby at guest services. They don't want guest to see reshop.

We started with the three tiers but got rid of those. Now we have a couple bins under the desk the guest cannot see. We are required to run reshop all the time. Come off the lanes? Grab some reshop...

Out of area reshop? Don't bring it to guest service.

A-B bin with a tiny box for cosmo
C-D bin
E-F bin for electronics
Softlines
One for bullseye

This is the same region that is experimenting with Target Tech completing taking over electronics. My store isn't there yet.

I hate to say it but these changes are coming from someone who has clearly never worked in a store.

I agree, they have never worked in a store. Sometimes we don't have anyone from the floor to do reshop until the afternoon. It doesn't take long at all for C/D to fill up because of all the large items. I can't imagine managing this during the holidays. There were times when we would just put all reshop in carts and sort in back. I'm talking 7 carts over the course of a couple hours.

Three carts cause we have to look like hotel and its less clutter at GS, but it means a fuckton of carts on the line cause there are no hours for anyone to actually reshop the reshop. Or the one hardlines person will be on a register for most of the shift so you end up a few random reshop carts scattered around the store that were forgotten so they grabbed a new one. Repeat everyday.

All these grand ideas will be for naught if there aren't the payroll hours dedicated to cashiers and salesfloor. The main problem is payroll. You want to run a high-endish establishment? It takes investment in people and hours. Period.

I haven't heard of this... yet. You guys are saying it's a regional thing for the time being? The way my store is set up is we have the half wall that hides the carts up at guest service, so anything back there is hidden from guests. There's an Electronics/Stationary cart, Grocery, HBA, Domestics (and seasonal), Softlines (including infants), and Toys/Sporting Goods. It's been that way for the year and a half I've been with Target, and it works, why change it?

It's god awful. We're so short handed on the sales floor it's ridiculous, but now they have to run up to guest services every 15 minutes to collect abandons? WTF is going on at corporate? Did they just fire everyone who ever set foot inside of a Target?

We have the half wall at guest services. Cart for softlines, market, domestics, stationary, toys/sporting goods, home improvement, seasonal, and paper goods. Then bins for electronics, HBA, One Spot, and front lanes.

We have the half wall at guest services. Cart for softlines, market, domestics, stationary, toys/sporting goods, home improvement, seasonal, and paper goods. Then bins for electronics, HBA, One Spot, and front lanes.
My old store had that.

I really wish my current store did too. :(

I haven't heard of this... yet. You guys are saying it's a regional thing for the time being? The way my store is set up is we have the half wall that hides the carts up at guest service, so anything back there is hidden from guests. There's an Electronics/Stationary cart, Grocery, HBA, Domestics (and seasonal), Softlines (including infants), and Toys/Sporting Goods. It's been that way for the year and a half I've been with Target, and it works, why change it?

I think if you have the half wall you may be exempt from it. It's more of an issue that stores without it not being able to hide their carts

We have the half wall and during the morning huddle it was announced that GS will no longer be doing defectives or reshop. Salesfloor is expected to push all reshop they find and GS is supposed to have a cashier push reshop. I asked "with what hours?" Followed by we are a b volume store with 5 sales floor TLS so 200hrs of walking around trying to impress our new STL so the tms getting these bs 4hr shifts get yelled at for not getting their zone and reshop done. A bunch of my fellow teammates clapped while the rest couldn't believe I actually said that
Side note:
I turned my two weeks in at the start of my shift today. Was offered and accepted a job that will use the skills I have better and I get to play with big guns again

I turned my two weeks in at the start of my shift today. Was offered and accepted a job that will use the skills I have better and I get to play with big guns again
Well shit, good on you mate. If only Target followed the common sense that people talk about and kept the things the way they were. I admit that pushing carts full of abandons was annoying, but it beats wasting time out of my shifts working out 2/3 abandons after every back up call. I would rather use 30 minutes between the 1's and 3's to work out a full cart of abandons, than not finish my zone and 2 pulls because i had to work out a few fucking towels and light bulbs every 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back