Archived Concerned about time off needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been working for Target for about 7 months and I only work weekends, because I have a full time job during the week. I have taken two full weekends off and a few random single days off since I started. I recently requested to only work until 11 am on 12/22 and it was denied, which I kind of expected, due to it being the weekend before Christmas. I am going away at the end of February for a full week, so it will take up 2 full weekends. Should I wait until after the Christmas craziness is over before putting in the request? My ETL doesn't like that I request days off, but other than that I think I have been doing a pretty good job at what I do (SFS/OPU). I don't ever call out, am always on time, and have stayed late to help when I could.

I was interviewed/hired by the STL and he had asked me during the interview if I wanted to work every weekend and I told him at my last PT job (that I had been at for 24 years) I generally worked most weekend but did take some days off here and there. I also told him that there would be a week after the holiday season in either January or February that I would be going away with my family but didn't know the exact dates. He said that wouldn't be an issue because hours are down at that time of year. The problem with that is that he quit before I actually started and I don't think he wrote anything down about what I had told him.

I am really nervous about this time off being a deal breaker for staying at the job. I just don't know how to go about this issue. Should I talk to the ETL-HR or the ETL who is in charge of SFS? (I think he is going to give me a hard time about it) Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Time off is encouraged in January and February as we start downsizing on seasonal tms, definitely submit your time off and mention to HR that you brought it up during your interview. It should have been written down on the upcoming vacation part of your interview. I don’t see why they wouldn’t approve it but that’s just me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back