Archived Corrective action & eligibility for rehire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am on corrective action & am desperately looking for a new job asap to escape my bad work situation. If possible, I'd like to be considered "eligible for rehire" upon leaving Target. If you're on CA when you quit, does that make you ineligible for rehire? (I'm assuming you give 2 weeks notice). I want to know because it makes no sense to me to give any notice if I'm not going to be marked as eligible for rehire anyway. As an aside, I have never had a more horrible boss in my life & hope to go back to where I previously worked. The place is intolerable.

Thanks. I'm calling my old job at 9am tomorrow & applying elsewhere as well. I'm going to treat getting out of this horrible work situation as an 8 hour per day, every day I'm not working endeavor.

I want to stay eligible for rehire in case a potential future employer calls Target & Target confirms that I worked there but that I'm not eligible for rehire. I have no intention of actually coming back to Target. It's an awful situation for me there with my supervisor - so if I still am not eligible for rehire even when working out the 2 weeks (due to the corrective action) then I'd much rather not go into work tomorrow.

Last edited:
Supervisors do change....but we all know how the etls have each others back. You piss one off you piss them all off...

The only real way to be marked as not-rehireable would be to not give a two week notice or just walking out. But even then ive still seen people come back at a later time. lol

I burned my target bridge. Do I regret it? Yes. So much.
But, I'm also getting along just fine, take home a much bigger paycheck, and have a work life balance. It's okay to burn your bridges if you see the ones ahead of you :)

Supervisors do change....but we all know how the etls have each others back. You piss one off you piss them all off...

Doesn't seem to be the case at my store. Many of the LOD's don't much like each other (ie. often hear LOD's gossiping/complaining about other LOD's), and we have numerous scenarios where one LOD dislikes a specific TM, yet others adore them.

Thank you so much for all the replies. I'll be ok burning the target bridge completely once I have another option available to me. I cannot say too much as I work in a part of the store that is very closed off. This supervisor probably is patrolling these message boards on her time off. She also pops into the store or in the parking lot a great deal on her time off. Sometimes I park in a different parking spot to throw her off a bit - as she watches for my car. I also have to interact a lot with her family who come into the store a lot & probably feed her information. Anyway, I should be applying for other jobs instead of being on this website so much!

Last edited:
Thank you so much for all the replies. I'll be ok burning the target bridge completely once I have another option available to me. I cannot say too much as I work in a part of the store that is very closed off. This supervisor probably is patrolling these message boards on her time off. She also pops into the store or in the parking lot a great deal on her time off. Sometimes I park in a different parking spot to throw her off a bit - as she watches for my car. I also have to interact a lot with her family who come into the store a lot & probably feed her information. Anyway, I should be applying for other jobs instead of being on this website so much!
WTF she is stalking you on her time off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back