Archived Corrective action for zebra device

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why sign something out if leadership doesn't bother keeping up with it? I don't mind rules, but make sure they're applied evenly and don't waste my time, otherwise I'll not do it.

I haven't signed anything out in two years.

That was my fight with management and overnight who would hoard and hide equipment. Then leave stuff with the screens shattered, or an entire handbasket of Mydevices all dead for us at a check lane.

The STL wanted all equipment signed out last year, well overnight never had to, why? They can't leave the store.. WTF?? I called the hotline "Why is one entire group of employees not held the standards that everyone else is held to." Why am I being held to a higher standard than others? Why are we singled out? That shit stopped until we got the Zebra's. Now its everyone, no log - no device and an immediate coaching, next is a CA. Lose one its a CA no discussion.

I grab any unattended equipment during my floor walks. A lot of the time the TMs won't say anything and just go get a new one...

That is when at my store you call the GSTL and tell them to call you when that person asks to get another device. Grab an ETL and do a Coaching or CA if its not the first time..

And any salesfloor pro knows you hide any devices under either your push product or your trash, if you have to step away from it. :cool: What I have to do when I have a PDA..

Earlier, found another Zebra with a label I described before plus a bit extra: "Name's PERSONAL ZEBRA. DO NOT TOUCH. IT IS NAME'S NOT YOURS!! THIS BELONGS TO NAME NOT YOU!!!!!"

I laughed, went to the TMSC, found an equipment asset tag and popped it on. Asset tag reads "Property of Target Corporation"

It's now a bit of a running joke to see how pee'd off we can make [team member] lol. I think next I'll draft up a phoney invoice for him

Earlier, found another Zebra with a label I described before plus a bit extra: "Name's PERSONAL ZEBRA. DO NOT TOUCH. IT IS NAME'S NOT YOURS!! THIS BELONGS TO NAME NOT YOU!!!!!"

I laughed, went to the TMSC, found an equipment asset tag and popped it on. Asset tag reads "Property of Target Corporation"

It's now a bit of a running joke to see how pee'd off we can make [team member] lol. I think next I'll draft up a phoney invoice for him

Do it. But first get say HR in in it as a joke so they can explain no one but AP and the STL are allowed personal equipment.

Zebra-specific holsters exist! My store got them in today. They are snugger than the LPDA holsters but are a similar size. There are even a few that came in with a notch for the trigger attachment to slide into.

Everyone should be signing out equipment (and keys). It only takes a few seconds. My store is pretty strict on it and because of it we have very few issues with things going missing.

Don't sign out your equipment? Written coaching.

Lose a piece of equipment? Corrective action.

We count all devices at opening and close. In addition we do random audits of both key and equipment logs. Sounds like a pain in the ass but once people start following the rules it works. People just have to get in the routine of doing it.

Random audits sound more realistic. I don't believe my store's AP is doing that. I have seen Mobile lose there keys before, fellow Electronics TM lose the keys before & i've seen the GSAs take home keys before without action.

Our store has a grand total of like 7 Zebra holsters and everyone else just has to carry them in their pocket or use the FINGERS strap as a wrist strap.

Everyone should be signing out equipment (and keys). It only takes a few seconds.
They would have to give us sign out sheets and put numbers on all of the equipment...

At my home: If you don't sign out and LOD checks they can log in and see who has it. Anyone who forgets to sign out automatic corrective. I have my own walkie I keep in my drawer. We have signout sheet for the walkies, PDAs, striped ponies. I have a mydevice holster and PDA holster of my own. I'm heavily armed when I'm on the floor cause the ponies have already started lagging. I once had a guest who said "look they have a smart watch and an even bigger smart watch."

Yeah my current store doesn't sign out walkies, my last two did.

There is a Redwire suggesting you order the old lpda cases. View attachment 3410Obviously target negotiated price, but yes. Pda/lpda/devices made for business cost $1k easy.

They are definitely cracking down and upping the ante on device control. I've been talking up assigning each piece daily just like black Friday. 24 mydevices plus 11pda won't get us fast.
No its not. Amazon has them at $1500

At my home: If you don't sign out and LOD checks they can log in and see who has it. Anyone who forgets to sign out automatic corrective. I have my own walkie I keep in my drawer. We have signout sheet for the walkies, PDAs, striped ponies. I have a mydevice holster and PDA holster of my own. I'm heavily armed when I'm on the floor cause the ponies have already started lagging. I once had a guest who said "look they have a smart watch and an even bigger smart watch."
So who cleans up the striped pony $h!t?

We already have 7 that have malfunctioned. The sign-out sheet is basically used as wallpaper while folks grab a Zebra, trigger accessory and case then hide them in the ambient room, backroom, conference room and so forth so that they always have "their device" at the ready. I've even seen a few with "Joe's Zebra DO NOT TOUCH AT ALL!!" labels attached (insert various TM names). I usually cross out their name and write in "Property of Target Corporation". That means we now have very few to go around which is a total PITA. Still, I prefer the old PDA so I always happily beebop right by the folks scratching their heads and begin scanning away with a satisfied smirk.

In the rollout, for each Zebra received we also received a trigger accessory, extra battery and holster however, the multi-unit chargers do not accommodate the number of Zebras we have so they end up sitting on the shelf with a dead battery.
If you are a TL or above, in the mydevice thread I posted links to how much the zebras actually are. Then instead of changing labels, its time to have the verbal warning with the print out that if Joe wants a Zebra the $1500 comes from his check.

Finally all the ones found in the random locations, write them up. We do that. In fact, our AP ETL actually explained that if we do lose one to call client support so they can help find it.

These are not cheap things and it needs to Be DRIVEN into everyone this. Its not yours, YOU can't have it at the Ready. You need to log it in or out or you dont get one. PERIOD.

No its not. Amazon has them at $1500
No it's not what? That doesn't even make sense with what you quoted. I posted a fucking screenshot of the exact price, 1k is a general cost across the divices commonly used. Depending on qwerty/ non qwerty in similar brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back