Archived Corrective action for zebra device

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the devices are quite "not cheap" but stopping at the cost of hardware is not enough (although I'm sure Target procured a sweet deal from Zebra) - you must also factor in the development costs of the software, "apps" as the youngsters call them these days, and the overall labor involved in the entire rollout process. Brings it up a notch. I suppose most stores are all about protecting their equipment after all and at the price these come in they would be listed in the general ledger as a "fixed asset" based on standard accounting practices. Unfortunately, at my store there is a general feeling of blasée and indifference with preference given to "being friends and pals with your coworkers" and given the amount of fraternization between the ranks I do not foresee any higher level of accountability taking place any time soon. TMs and even TL/ETLs ave transferred in and within a couple weeks began giving the "da fuq????" look.

I suppose once they begin coming up missing District will step in. Until then ... meh: I'm just going to sit back, do my job, get my hours and chuckle silently (and here on TBR of course) at their small mentality.

To check out a Z at my store you must sign it out, then put your TM discount card is a corresponding sleeve in that book.

I always try to get a PDA. You can't pull flexes with a Z device.

When equipment was scarce & it was known that certain depts were stashing, leadership called a meeting & said that anyone checking out equipment would have to leave their driver's license or a credit card.
Everybody went ballistic & there was much grumbling.
A week later, STL called a meeting & asked how everyone liked it; not a one.
He said "If you don't want to do this then sign out your equipment. There will be DAILY audits until everyone shows their compliance. If you DON'T, then be prepared to hand over your ID."
It worked & they reiterated it when the zebras came out.

To check out a Z at my store you must sign it out, then put your TM discount card is a corresponding sleeve in that book.

I always try to get a PDA. You can't pull flexes with a Z device.

What a great way to steal TM discount cards...They can have my library card.

A hotline call would have fixed that real quick.

Those are the things that get stls in trouble with dtls since it's not a disgruntled tm complaining but actually a sign of poor leadership.

The mydevice issues were corporates fault but zebra issues are a failure of equipment control by your AP/ETL GE.

The main complaint with that is when the TM goes on break and wants to use their discount but they can't because their card is locked up with the log and they need an LOD to come and unlock it.

Crikey.

First thing I did was order a spare... they can keep it. I've also got a copy on my phone, there's an app for that. I would not hand over my id or debit card. I would stand there and place an integrity call. If I liked that tl I might offer the choice of emailing the dtl first...

When equipment was scarce & it was known that certain depts were stashing, leadership called a meeting & said that anyone checking out equipment would have to leave their driver's license or a credit card.
Everybody went ballistic & there was much grumbling.
A week later, STL called a meeting & asked how everyone liked it; not a one.
He said "If you don't want to do this then sign out your equipment. There will be DAILY audits until everyone shows their compliance. If you DON'T, then be prepared to hand over your ID."
It worked & they reiterated it when the zebras came out.

Hotline would be my first call if they want my DL for equipment. Yeah no.

Hotline would be my first call if they want my DL for equipment. Yeah no.
Exactly. Its not like I just want equipment for fun, but its necessary for certain jobs: price accuracy, instocks, FRO, backroom, SFS, and so on.

I guess after reading thread, seeing what happened at my store, 1+ month later i can understand CA for this now lol

A new TM (who sucks, really badly) got one stolen off there 3-tier the other day.
However i still can't accept the fact if you lose keys and don't get CA.

Asants obviously but I notice ever since BTS results came out the company got hammered on the "I have the equipment to do my job" question. Our TPS is like a hawk making sure the equipment cabinet is locked and randomly auditing the sign out sheet.

We had one stolen off a caf vehicle at my old store and that tm was put on a final and rightfully so. Sign it out and don't lose it, If people can't do that im not sure they deserve to work here.

I'm glad they're listening then. I mean part of the problem is there's not enough in general

A few questions here,

are they keeping the mydevices still that we already have once we get these zebras in?

Also are these new Zebra devices going to have a holster?
If they dont, honestly ANYONE can place it down somewhere and lose place of it.
They should come with a holder in my opinion

Unless I'm gonna have to bring my own fanny pack to hold it in LOL

I guess after reading thread, seeing what happened at my store, 1+ month later i can understand CA for this now lol

A new TM (who sucks, really badly) got one stolen off there 3-tier the other day.
However i still can't accept the fact if you lose keys and don't get CA.
That's a good thing.

Our BRTMs are forced to carry electronic keys. Seeing as 99% of the backroom is metal, the keys get stuck in random ass places simply walking down ladders

I shouldn't be written up for shit I can't control

Okay well these zebras better come with holsters. no holsters is a set up for ANYONE to misplace their device.

fuck that im wearing a crossbody purse to hold it in that's PATHETIC thats theres no holsters. Target ought to be ashamed. If they don't want people to misplace their device they should have a bin of holsters.

fuck that im wearing a crossbody purse to hold it in that's PATHETIC thats theres no holsters. Target ought to be ashamed. If they don't want people to misplace their device they should have a bin of holsters.
There are holsters, lol. Just not as many as there are zebras. Tell someone at your store to order lpda holsters--they work better. I'm not a fan of holsters, and prefer my pocket.

Sorry for sounding harsh, but i have no luck with a device in my pocket. one time i had my phone in my back pocket, it fell out and i didn't even hear it fall ,and i had no idea, never found it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back