Archived Corrective action for zebra device

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got in holsters that look like the iPod holsters, but they are larger to fit the Zebras. I also have two orders of LPDA holsters coming sometime. We got in enough that there are a few leftover. I also sent back our old myDevices. I was glad to see them go.

Why sign it devices on a sheet of paper? When you login, it goes on the Equipment Control Report ...who, date, time, general mode, direction facing, change in body weight since last use, etc.

How can we make this easier so goofballs stop making paper things and people who loose things get sorted out? We know when the device is docked. We know when it's undocked ... What magic would make this easy?

Why sign it devices on a sheet of paper? When you login, it goes on the Equipment Control Report ...who, date, time, general mode, direction facing, change in body weight since last use, etc.

How can we make this easier so goofballs stop making paper things and people who loose things get sorted out? We know when the device is docked. We know when it's undocked ... What magic would make this easy?

Cause ETL's are to damn lazy to actually control equipment, so when devices are missing we can look at the log and get on the radio and call out for it. If they actually bothered to sign it out. ETL's most of the time can't be bothered to actually go pull the logs to find a device or figure out who left one somewhere or smashed it. I can't tell you how many times I have I found devices on the floor, in the backroom, in the bathrooms, the freezer and the ETL I gave it to and just put in the charger and walked off without even bothering to look at the device.

Docked? As in a charging dock? Good luck with that, we have most of them actually stored in a over the door shoe organizer since we don't have space to have them in a charging dock.

Cause ETL's are to damn lazy to actually control equipment, so when devices are missing we can look at the log and get on the radio and call out for it. If they actually bothered to sign it out.

That's what I'm getting at. If someone takes a device and uses any mobile app, they sign in. If they sign in EQ report shows as much. What I'm wondering is if I could make that visible all the time and give you some means to track that device/person down - or something that would make it not paper - what would be best? What if I made the devices, if someone was signed in and the device was at rest for say, 30s or 60s, start making some obnoxious sound ...or send an alert to someone else on the floor that "Forgetful Jeff has left his device somewhere". ...part of me wants to make the Zebras cry like a baby until they get picked up and rocked for a second.

ETL's most of the time can't be bothered to actually go pull the logs to find a device or figure out who left one somewhere or smashed it. I can't tell you how many times I have I found devices on the floor, in the backroom, in the bathrooms, the freezer and the ETL I gave it to and just put in the charger and walked off without even bothering to look at the device.

There's an app coming to give you visibility to your store's situation, mobile devices included. So, at any point you should be able to see the devices you have and who has them while you are on the floor. We could do all sorts of things there ... wall of shame in the app, or give you the ability to note that you 'found it laying around'. Whenever we rely on people to replicate a process - it's at best inconsistent and most likely ignored in at least some places. I'm trying to figure out how to make it more automatic, in turn less time spent finding, in turn less $ wasted.

Docked? As in a charging dock? Good luck with that, we have most of them actually stored in a over the door shoe organizer since we don't have space to have them in a charging dock.

So when they are in the shoe deal, how are they charged? I'll have to check, but charging might be a trigger too.

Obviously we're not going to fix forgetful or lazy w tech, so my curiosity is how to minimize the expense of it. What I'm also curious about are ideas to make this easier ... I'm ears if you've thoughts on the thing ...my spot-centric view is useless sometimes.

They're very expensive and you should be responsible to make sure you don't lose it.

Now my issue is TLs should have dedicated devices. Fighting to get one like a team member is annoying. You know how many times we have to say "can someone loan me a Zebra so I can complete my brand walk" on the walkie smh.

GSTL without a doubt should have one. Looking up prices 24/7 and running back and forth to Guest Service to use theirs is a hassle.

However, I know they're expensive so this is never going to happen.

Luckily my store doesn't have device management issues -- there's enough for everyone who needs one. They do enforce the sign out log, though.

They're very expensive and you should be responsible to make sure you don't lose it.

Now my issue is TLs should have dedicated devices. Fighting to get one like a team member is annoying. You know how many times we have to say "can someone loan me a Zebra so I can complete my brand walk" on the walkie smh.

GSTL without a doubt should have one. Looking up prices 24/7 and running back and forth to Guest Service to use theirs is a hassle.

However, I know they're expensive so this is never going to happen.

That was your store not designating equipment, we at least did that, every TL has a dedicated one so they only need to hunt down the flow TM who didn't bother to sign it out and coach them for not signing it out.

That was your store not designating equipment, we at least did that, every TL has a dedicated one so they only need to hunt down the flow TM who didn't bother to sign it out and coach them for not signing it out.

We just don't have enough to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back