Archived Corrective Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I was planning on transferring stores at the end of July however a few weeks ago I was put on corrective action for a no call no show. I'm just on counseling as I haven't been on a corrective action before. I read if you are on corrective action you are ineligible for transferring. Since I'm moving out of the city I can't really stay at that store so I was wondering if I put in for a LOA for school would they continue to count my 6 months or do they not count those months that until you are back from LOA. My HR is out on vacation so I can't ask him yet so I was seeing if anyone would know of the answer. Thanks!

Counseling??? Never heard that one used before. If you were just given a coaching then your fine. But if it was a documented corrective action and they told you couldn't apply for positions or transfer, I am not 100% sure on LOA, but I believe you can't have a corrective action either for a LOA.

Worst case scenerio, you will have to put in your 2weeks. Then wait 3-6 months to be eligible to re-apply at a new store. But its a scatchy call to get hired at another store.

Target Annie should know for sure...

Last edited:
Counseling equals to coaching. On corrective action you can't transfer or demote.
Annie or red, your ears on!

I'm pretty sure buliSBI is right but I would defer to Annie, our HR guru.
As a rule, corrective action bars you from promotion/transfers/LOAs. If you give your 2 weeks during your CA time, that may impact your rehire status.
Annie, gotcha ears on?

I was within 6 months of a coaching due to attendance. I took a LOA for school, 100% documented. They knew I was starting school in the Fall, and I told my HR months in advance when I'd be leaving. HR had me sign the LOA form a few weeks before I was leaving, and when I came back nothing was said about the coaching.

I was within 6 months of a coaching due to attendance. I took a LOA for school, 100% documented. They knew I was starting school in the Fall, and I told my HR months in advance when I'd be leaving. HR had me sign the LOA form a few weeks before I was leaving, and when I came back nothing was said about the coaching.

Because you were a great tm & multitasker!

Counseling equals to coaching. On corrective action you can't transfer or demote.
Annie or red, your ears on!

Counseling = Corrective Action.

Counseling lasts for six months. If you receive another CA in that time, you move on to Final Warning for 12 months.

If you have three different Corrective Actions (either Counseling or Final Warning) you are on a Final Warning for anything. Which means, any other Counseling/Corrective Actions immediately lead to termination.

Example:

Calls out every weekend, receives Counseling for Attendance after being coached using the DESC model documentation.
Continues calling out every week, receives Final Warning for Attendance four months later after being coached using DESC documentation.
Continuously coached (documented) for delivering a poor zone, receives a Counseling for Performance while still on the first Final Warning.
No call, no shows...terminated.

Now that I think about it, Attendance might fall under Performance, so theoretically the TM would be term'd after the zoning CA. Not sure, but the example should make sense.

As for the OP: it really depends on how you are perceived at your store. If you are in good standing with your TLs and ETLs (no coachings, call outs, etc.) then you should still be allowed to transfer. Since it is your first CA I suspect that you are going to be fine, but you definitely need to talk to your ETL-HR.

"If you are on a Corrective action you cannot transfer or promote" according to Target Policies. However if your leaving the area for good, they may allow a transfer but you might have a hard time finding a store that will accept you as a team member with a Corrective Action. We have people trying to transfer all the time to our store who are on Corrective action, we often times than not, reject their transfer due to the corrective action. One time some how our ETL-HR let someone transfer to our store on a final warning! What a nightmare that was.......

If you are on a corrective action and you happen to go on an LOA it will the time will be extended out until you return to work. Once you return then it will continue at e same time frame in which you left. I.e. you leave for six months while only at the two month mark of your CA then you will return at the two month mark.

You need both stores HR to approve if you're on a CA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back