Archived Corrective Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I know corrective action lasts for a year from the date it was put into the computer. If you are placed on corrective action, does that mean you cannot be promoted until after that year is up? We were all very confused when discussing it today.

So, I know corrective action lasts for a year from the date it was put into the computer. If you are placed on corrective action, does that mean you cannot be promoted until after that year is up? We were all very confused when discussing it today.
Depends if it’s conduct or performance. Conduct yes you can promote.
Performance you can not.
Conduct is you did something dumb and you better not do it again like lose keys or forget to arm the building. Performance is you suck at your job and therefore will not and should not be promoted

I have delivered many CAs and know for a fact CA lasts 6 months. 2 CAs lead to a final.

I have delivered many CAs and know for a fact CA lasts 6 months. 2 CAs lead to a final.
Not since workday. All CAs last 12 months. They simplified the process with the workday rollout last year

From WorkDay:

If initiating a Performance Improvement Plan or Unacceptable Performance Corrective Action:
  • Ensure you select the correct team member prior to documenting the conversation
  • Start date should be the date you start drafting the PIP or CA (current date)
  • End date should be 12 months after the start date

Last edited:
With it being 12 months now, you could possibly promote on a performance CA. If it is for attendance and you get your shit together, for instance.

With it being 12 months now, you could possibly promote on a performance CA. If it is for attendance and you get your shit together, for instance.
It’s definitely a policy that you can’t but I completely agree that it is a case by case basis. You’re also not allowed to apply for a TL or up position until 6 months after being turned down but I’ve seen them hire plenty of TMs they turned down 3-4 months prior.

I have a question/concern. My ETL left without notice last month but not before putting me on a CCA for performance. Yesterday I was called in the HR office to discuss things since some time has passed. Long story short, they want me to make a decision about my job. I have worked for this company many, many years and to say that I was devastated with the CCA to begin with would be an understatement especially when my former ETL was doing some shady things just before she left.
Anyway, now I just don’t know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back