Archived Crazy phone calls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happened March 2, 2012:

Guest: "Hey I have a question on a return."
Me: "ok, what's your question?"
Guest: "Well, I bought a Laptop for my daughter the Wednesday before Black Friday, I still have my receipt, but she doesn't like it anymore. Is there a way she can return it or exchange it for a newer one?"
Me: (trying not to laugh) "Ma'am, unfortunately, we have a 45 day return policy on Electronics items and that's only if they are unopened. And our store only carries laptops around the holidays so even if we could exchange it, we would have nothing to exchange it with."
Guest: "could I exchange it for the Ipad?"
Me: "No ma'am,"
Guest: "well can I return it then and get my money back"
Me: "I'm sorry, but no."
Guest: "ok, i guess I will find something to do with it."

there's so many more calls I could post on here

I would've looked shocked, gasped & said "You chauvinist!"

We had a guest complain because there was a man covering the operators shift in the fitting room and her teenage daughter was trying on bathing suits. Well, for one thing the fitting room is for both sexes and for another thing that man could care less about your daughter.

I thought we were not supposed to let guests try on bathing suits, underwear, etc.:rtfm:

I could go on for days about the crazy phone calls we get in pharmacy, but I wouldn't want to gross everyone out ;)

I thought we were not supposed to let guests try on bathing suits, underwear, etc.:rtfm:
We were told they can try on suits over their underwear. And anyway, that's why that paper strip is in them.

We had a guest complain because there was a man covering the operators shift in the fitting room and her teenage daughter was trying on bathing suits. Well, for one thing the fitting room is for both sexes and for another thing that man could care less about your daughter.

We actually had one that was the other way round.
An older man wanted to try on some pants but decided not to go into the fitting room after seeing the young man who was working there.
One of the pricechange ladies heard him tell his wife that we shouldn't let boys like that work where they might see men undressing.
Sad.

Ah I was in electronics one day and had to pick up a call.

Guest: "Do you guys have iPads?"
Me: "Yes we do but we are currently out."
Guest: "So you do have iPads then?"
Me: "Yes... but we are currently out."
Guest: "Could you check in the back."
Me: "If we had any in the back they would already be out on the floor."
Guest: "So you don't have any in the back?"
Me: "No"
Guest: "So you don't have any iPads?"
Me: "Not currently"
Guest: "Ok thanks"

How many times do I have to say we don't have any for it to sink into your head that we don't have any currently?

Not at Target but the supermarket I worked at before... An old lady would call me and ask me if we sold sausage. After a few weeks she would get more descriptive, saying she wanted an eight inch sausage. The last phone call she said "I want it so I can stick it up my..."

It was some coworkers screwing around with me.

Not at Target but the supermarket I worked at before... An old lady would call me and ask me if we sold sausage. After a few weeks she would get more descriptive, saying she wanted an eight inch sausage. The last phone call she said "I want it so I can stick it up my..."

Now that is greatness.

This happened a few weeks ago and the only other person in softlines was on break. Note, that I'm male.

Guest: Is there somebody I can talk to over in the lingerie department?
Me: I can see if I can answer your question for you.
Guest: *click*

Haha that is epic. Sometimes, I just don't understand some guests

I would've told them what all they could've done with that sausage in graphic detail.

Ah I was in electronics one day and had to pick up a call.

Guest: "Do you guys have iPads?"
Me: "Yes we do but we are currently out."
Guest: "So you do have iPads then?"
Me: "Yes... but we are currently out."
Guest: "Could you check in the back."
Me: "If we had any in the back they would already be out on the floor."
Guest: "So you don't have any in the back?"
Me: "No"
Guest: "So you don't have any iPads?"
Me: "Not currently"
Guest: "Ok thanks"

How many times do I have to say we don't have any for it to sink into your head that we don't have any currently?

You should have said "We carry them, but they are currently out of stock"

Not to be a grammar nazi, but if I call a store to see if they sell something, I'd ask if they sell or carry the item, if I want to know if it's in stock, I'd ask if they have any. It's like "Yes, we have no bananas"...

Not to be a grammar nazi, but if I call a store to see if they sell something, I'd ask if they sell or carry the item, if I want to know if it's in stock, I'd ask if they have any. It's like "Yes, we have no bananas"...

Wait....now we're out of BANANAS?!

There's an operator at my store that will send prank calls to guest service.

Being a GS TM I've gotten like 5 the last year...each from the same operator.

I love prank calls it seriously keeps me entertained - especially when they are creative

I'm convinced that most guests are dumb enough to be confused by that statement. I always say that, and I almost always get, "Huh? Do you have it or not? Can you check the back?" in response.

As for prank calls, every so often I'll get a call and I really won't be able to tell whether or not it's a prank. I mean, the typical guest already has a funny voice and is annoying, but I'll sometimes get a call that goes beyond that and doesn't quite reach the realm of the ridiculous.

On the subject of prank calls, I get them occasionally, and it's always the same person. He normally opens up the same way, so knowing who it is, I tend to mess with him back. I tend to win as well. ;)

My favorite is when they don't say anything at all.

Me: Thank you for calling Target The City I Live In, this is band_rules16, CIHYFS?
Guest: ....*clicK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back