Archived Curb Side (Flexible Fulfillment extention)

How do you feel about the new "Curb Side"

• I saw this coming...

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • I welcome thee with open arms!

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I guess it's okay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $#!%

Votes: 27 67.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe it will be like a drive thru.

Tm: name please

Customer: mrs smith

Tm: please swipe your license through the swiper. Thank you. Let me confirm your order. A can of hair spray and a douche bag

Customer: I'm not sure. my husband ordered it.

Tm: I only see a douche bag on the order and yes your name is here.

Customer: can I add the hair spray to the order

Tm: no you will have to place a new order, drive around and get on the end of the line. Do you want me to process the douche bag or wait until you place the new order and process them together.

Customer. Oh forget it. It will take to long

Tm: please pull up to the "order waiting spot". A team member will be out to your car with your douche bag sooner or later. Thank you for shopping with target. Sorry to hear about your accident.

Customer: what accident?

Tm: the one that won't allow you to walk into the store to pick up your own hair spray and douche bag. A team member will be with you eventually. Please move forward. I see the line of lazy people behind you getting longer.

And that is the cart attendant's job. They signed up for it. Unlike GSTMs who now have to work guest service, sort reshop, zone and fill dollar spot, work the photo lab, and NOW deal with this.

And now it's your job to do curbside delivery ;)

And now it's your job to do curbside delivery ;)

Ahhhhh, yes. It's "cute" and "quirky" to use a winky face when talking about something that hurts other people. When cart attendants start doing any of the above mentioned, and when there are actually enough hands to complete this task, it'll be an acceptable part of the job. As it is now, our store has already started planning for complaints because we frankly don't care. We're not leaving a line of guests who are actually IN THE STORE just to bring stuff out to a guest who's too lazy to park. We've already been told to ignore the ding from the iPod if we have so much as 2 people in line.

Also, has anyone read these reviews on the curbside app? Super frustrating! "This feature is great when it's raining." and "It's nice when my kids don't feel like getting out of the car." are my favorites. Like, what? You know your product is now going to be soaking wet if it's raining because we now have to bring it to you and we couldn't give two shits about whether or not it gets wet. And your kids don't want to get out of the car? Wow, it's almost likey you're the parent and can tell them what to do because not wanting to get up isn't really a valid excuse. Raise your children to do what they have to. Don't give in to whiny brats that are too lazy (just like you, the parent) to drag their butt from the seat.

Ahhhhh, yes. It's "cute" and "quirky" to use a winky face when talking about something that hurts other people.
Going outside hurts people? Not sure how I made it almost 2 years as a Cart Attendant o_O

We've already been told to ignore the ding from the iPod if we have so much as 2 people in line.
That'll go over great if they call guest relations, or if you happen to get randomly visited.

"This feature is great when it's raining." and "It's nice when my kids don't feel like getting out of the car." are my favorites. Like, what? You know your product is now going to be soaking wet
Because putting a plastic bag around something is hard.

Going outside hurts people? Not sure how I made it almost 2 years as a Cart Attendant o_O

Going outside doesn't hurt people. Forcing them to do the jobs of 8 people hurts them.

That'll go over great if they call guest relations, or if you happen to get randomly visited.

Ha. We don't even have a DTL right now, so we're not getting district visits any time soon, and if they call relations, great. Our store will get right on the phone and be like, "Cool story. I'll put you on speaker so you can tell the guests that have been waiting patiently in line that they matter less than someone ordering online who can just have the item delivered to heir house.

Because putting a plastic bag around something is hard.
And, yeah, we're not bagging pretty much anything unless the people labeling the items do it. We don't have time to go through each order, bag it all like we're on register, and then bring it out to them neat and tidy. We have lines, phone calls, and reshop to be dealing with.

Going outside doesn't hurt people. Forcing them to do the jobs of 8 people hurts them.

Ha. We don't even have a DTL right now, so we're not getting district visits any time soon, and if they call relations, great. Our store will get right on the phone and be like, "Cool story. I'll put you on speaker so you can tell the guests that have been waiting patiently in line that they matter less than someone ordering online who can just have the item delivered to heir house.

And, yeah, we're not bagging pretty much anything unless the people labeling the items do it. We don't have time to go through each order, bag it all like we're on register, and then bring it out to them neat and tidy. We have lines, phone calls, and reshop to be dealing with.

Yeah and when you get a DTL and they roast your store for terrible survey scores, your cavalier attitude towards Guest Service will definitely be appreciated ;)

It literally takes 2 seconds to throw a plastic bag around something.

Yeah and when you get a DTL and they roast your store for terrible survey scores, your cavalier attitude towards Guest Service will definitely be appreciated ;)

It literally takes 2 seconds to throw a plastic bag around something.

It literally does not. Especially when we're going to have to go dig these items out of our secondary holding room, drag them out to guest services where we'll, without a doubt, already have people waiting, take the time to unload the items from whatever vehicle or bin the team decided to chuck them into, carefully bag them, and then bring them out. On a register, sure, bagging something is quick. Not at guest service, and not in cases like this.

And yeah, my attitude about it will be appreciated. My ETL-GE has already said that she appreciates the fact that I'm putting my foot down against scammers and other issues like this. She encourages me to do whatever I need to to make the guests ACTUALLY IN THE STORE happy. Ooooooh, someone who ordered online and can't be bothered coming in is upset that it takes a bit more than 5 seconds to come out with it? Good, maybe next time they'll either come in or have it shipped to their own house.

Ha, keep curbside guests waiting long and they will become guests in the store and they won't be happy either ;)

Also ETL-GE doesn't really have that much authority on things like this. If upper leadership feels like Curbside is being neglected they will drop the hammer down and you'll have your DTL/STL all over your ETL-GE. They'll probably have metrics/surveys for how fast Curbside is responded to, etc. and if your store isn't Green your ETL-GE is going to have a bad time.

When I have to leave the Service Desk for a literal minute/minute and a half to get a store pickup order that was too large to store at guest service the other people in line already look annoyed, and some of them have even gotten angry with me over it. I can't imagine how it would be if I had to do this curbside nonsense. I already have my hands full keeping the service desk looking nice and neat and dealing with entitled guests that demand I check out their purchases because they're too lazy to walk to an open checklane.

Ha, keep curbside guests waiting long and they will become guests in the store and they won't be happy either ;)

Also ETL-GE doesn't really have that much authority on things like this. If upper leadership feels like Curbside is being neglected they will drop the hammer down and you'll have your DTL/STL all over your ETL-GE. They'll probably have metrics for how fast Curbside is responded to, etc. and if your store isn't Green your ETL-GE is going to have a bad time.

I hope they come in! At least then they'll see why they're not being waited on like royalty.

And she does as of right now. Our STL doesn't even glance at Guest Service unless he's LOD because he knows that the few times we've been legitimately red, it's been because we were doing things the way they are supposed to be done and people didn't like it. "Why can't you leave the line of 15 guests behind me so you can go look for this specific item for me? Why can't you give me 90% of a perfectly good item just because I saw it on an obviously wrong hook in the wrong section of the store?" These are the guests we get daily, so our STL avoids the desk like the plague.

And honestly, he's the one who even said that if corporate doesn't allot more Guest Service hours, so we can double up on TMs and have extra hands, then this whole endeavor will flop at our store because he doesn't want to risk the loyalty of repeat customers that are always in the store.

When I have to leave the Service Desk for a literal minute/minute and a half to get a store pickup order that was too large to store at guest service the other people in line already look annoyed, and some of them have even gotten angry with me over it. I can't imagine how it would be if I had to do this curbside nonsense. I already have my hands full keeping the service desk looking nice and neat and dealing with entitled guests that demand I check out their purchases because they're too lazy to walk to an open checklane.

If you're backed up and unable to go outside, it would fall on sales floor to backup & respond.

And she does as of right now. Our STL doesn't even glance at Guest Service unless he's LOD because he knows that the few times we've been legitimately red, it's been because we were doing things the way they are supposed to be done and people didn't like it.
That will change when your district gets a proper DTL, believe me. Your ETL-GE/STL will have a speed in their step.

"Why can't you leave the line of 15 guests behind me so you can go look for this specific item for me?
I'm confused, your store allows Guest Service personnel to leave the front? You just need to get your walkie out and have someone meet the guest @ wherever they need help finding said item.

Why can't you give me 90% of a perfectly good item just because I saw it on an obviously wrong hook in the wrong section of the store?" These are the guests we get daily, so our STL avoids the desk like the plague.
What does that have to do with curbside? Best practice states only reasonable discrepancies should be honored -- so yeah its common sense you wouldn't honor 90% off.

And honestly, he's the one who even said that if corporate doesn't allot more Guest Service hours, so we can double up on TMs and have extra hands, then this whole endeavor will flop at our store because he doesn't want to risk the loyalty of repeat customers that are always in the store.
You think it matters? Expect more pay less: AKA, you guys are screwed and will end up doing it anyway.

If you're backed up and unable to go outside, it would fall on sales floor to backup & respond.

Ha. Hahahahahahahahaha. They don't respond to regular backup calls, you think they're going to respond for this?

I'm confused, your store allows Guest Service personnel to leave the front? You just need to get your walkie out and have someone meet the guest @ wherever they need help finding said item.

No, that's why it's in quotes showing exactly what kind of stupid things guest expect. When they don't GET those things, they score us low. Hence the reason I said my STL leaves us be because he knows what types of guests we get.

What does that have to do with curbside? Best practice states only reasonable discrepancies should be honored -- so yeah its common sense you wouldn't honor 90% off.

Read above.

You think it matters? Expect more pay less: AKA, you guys are screwed and will end up doing it anyway.

Only if we don't have a line! If we do, we're not doing anything but helping the guests already waiting.

They don't respond to regular backup calls,
Your store has so many problems (not your fault) I don't know where to begin, but this is probably a good place.

Your leadership is definitely inept if they are allowing this trend to occur.

Your store has so many problems (not your fault) I don't know where to begin, but this is probably a good place.

Your leadership is definitely inept if they are allowing this trend to occur.

On that, we definitely agree. And that's the problem with this whole mess of a process. In theory, curbside could be convenient for guests with handicaps and the like. But in practice, we don't have enough hands or hours to make it work properly.

For instance, in my store, when backup is called, there are a ton of people who make a joke of it and walk the opposite direction. Many people don't come up unless they're specifically called out by name, and even then, they'll play up the, "Oh, I didn't hear you" thing. Leadership knows, but the ones not responding are also the ones who get away with literally doing nothing all day, so it's not surprising.

understaffing is the reason curbside is bullshit. You don't have enough people to do their primary work let alone the backing up and now we're also gonna be running to tsc to get our coats, then bags of junk from GS and run them out to a car? Okay.

But hey now! I go for backup a ton lol. I don't mind because I can't finish my primary work even if I skip the register. I wait a few seconds if I know there are people closer than me who haven't gone up yet. And sometimes I start walking but hope someone gets there first.

I don't mind because I can't finish my primary work even if I skip the register.

Ain't that the truth...I don't remember a single day that's ended with me having nothing left to do.

We have curbside. I am neither saying it's good or bad. Just giving info. Curbside is different. They have different employees and have different uniforms, not like ours. Target TMs doesn't do anything for curbside customers. TMs doesn't doesn't leave the store. Curbside employees does everything... Shopping , bagging, and delivery. They have a reserved car space just for their customers or the customers just pull up by the curbside booth which is located outside Target store and their bags already waiting. Curbside have to stay outside, rain or shine.

^^that's what I read back when curbside was in beta in less locations... That they had their own employees. But there's been talk about being "trained" for it in my store so I assumed they made some changes. If curbside's employees will always handle the curbside stuff, I have no problem with this lol. They applied for a job to stand outside so I have no sympathy. I have no negative thoughts about the people who use it because "if you build it, [they] will come."

We have curbside. I am neither saying it's good or bad. Just giving info. Curbside is different. They have different employees and have different uniforms, not like ours. Target TMs doesn't do anything for curbside customers. TMs doesn't doesn't leave the store. Curbside employees does everything... Shopping , bagging, and delivery. They have a reserved car space just for their customers or the customers just pull up by the curbside booth which is located outside Target store and their bags already waiting. Curbside have to stay outside, rain or shine.

Hope that happens for my store. STL at my old store said the same thing for SFS was going to happen but it didn't.

I could understand this if lets say you don't have time to run in and get a gift yourself, but I am sure guests are going to use this as an excuse to be lazy and make us do their shopping for them! oh and I am sure the Corporate big shots who never worked as a TM themselves were thinking "wow this will be a great idea!"

Our story isn't getting new employees. GSTMs are being trained on how to work it, and it's all being done by us.

Most people will only be using it for a couple items tops, similar to flexible fulfillment. Of course there might be abusers, but ah well what can you do.

I used Flex Fill once at a nearby Target store to pickup a Laptop -- pretty convenient.

Curbside will be even nicer, but I probably won't use it, I'd rather go inside and mozy over to guest service to pickup my items instead of sitting in my car while some TM comes out and brings my shit to me. Only exception would be something bulky like patio furniture or a TV, where it would require a carry out anyway.

Main reason i wouldn't use it -- i'm in my 20s and perfectly healthy, would be silly (and lazy) to have my shit brought out to me like that. I could see curbside being nicer for older/handicapped guests though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my problem with Curb Side Pickup and FF the way it is currently executed: the loss of impulse sales. I'm on the sales floor and only backup the front end, however, there is always a Guest who tells me they only came in for one item and I'm ringing up a cart full of product worth close to, or more than, $100. Figure in I'm only up there when called for backup and these are only the Guests volunteering that they spent over more than they intended. I'm sure impulse buys are quite high.

Curb side pickup eliminates any chance for these impulse buys.

In addition, I have always thought that FF pickup should have it's own window between the sales floor and the backroom. Currenly, the Guest comes in, goes straight to Guest Services, and leaves. Again, Target is not capturing any impulse buys. By moving FF pickup further into the store you are exposing the Guest to more product that they might decide to then purchase. You could also have special bags and stickers for the picked up merchandise that would advertise in-store pick up to other Guests.

Finally, the Guests there for FF pickup wouldn't have to wait behind others who are doing returns or being assisted with other problems.

Just my opinion.

This literally echoes my argument against FF from the beginning. We should be striving to bring guest INTO our stores, not out. Ship to store should have been implemented long before FF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back