Archived Curb Side (Flexible Fulfillment extention)

How do you feel about the new "Curb Side"

• I saw this coming...

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • I welcome thee with open arms!

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I guess it's okay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $#!%

Votes: 27 67.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It literally does not. Especially when we're going to have to go dig these items out of our secondary holding room, drag them out to guest services where we'll, without a doubt, already have people waiting, take the time to unload the items from whatever vehicle or bin the team decided to chuck them into, carefully bag them, and then bring them out. On a register, sure, bagging something is quick. Not at guest service, and not in cases like this.

And yeah, my attitude about it will be appreciated. My ETL-GE has already said that she appreciates the fact that I'm putting my foot down against scammers and other issues like this. She encourages me to do whatever I need to to make the guests ACTUALLY IN THE STORE happy. Ooooooh, someone who ordered online and can't be bothered coming in is upset that it takes a bit more than 5 seconds to come out with it? Good, maybe next time they'll either come in or have it shipped to their own house.
Good on you.

My store has curbside. It is executed by regular Target Team Members. The curbside pick comes in through the regular Store Pick Up app on the PDA. Team member goes around and picks items. Then they bring it up to the service desk and put in the hold location (specific red cabinet supplied for curbside). Then the team member must use the Curbside app on the Curbside iPhone to process the item within curbside which actually emails the guest that the item is ready for pickup. The curbside app uses GPS technology to alert team member when the guest is approaching the store. Once the team member gives the guest their merchandise, they "Transfer to Guest" inside of the curbside app. Wait…there's more…that doesn't actually charge the guest yet. The team member THEN needs to go into the myGo app on the iPhone or iPad and actually process payment. So altogether you use the myFA, Curbside, and myGo apps to complete one curbside order. o_O They did send us some snazzy red winter jackets, curbside beanies, curbside gloves, and lots of teal curbside shirts though.

The curbside pick comes in through the regular Store Pick Up app on the PDA. Team member goes around and picks items. Then they bring it up to the service desk and put in the hold location (specific red cabinet supplied for curbside). Then the team member must use the Curbside app on the Curbside iPhone to process the item within curbside which actually emails the guest that the item is ready for pickup.
Lol yeah there's no way most of our FFTMs are going to remember to do that. They don't even bother putting FF labels on items or reading the prompts in myFA. 9 times out of 10 when we get a STS order with multiple eaches of the same DPCI, they process one and then hit "close container," effectively cancelling the others.

Lol yeah there's no way most of our FFTMs are going to remember to do that. They don't even bother putting FF labels on items or reading the prompts in myFA. 9 times out of 10 when we get a STS order with multiple eaches of the same DPCI, they process one and then hit "close container," effectively cancelling the others.
Perhaps this is just my store, but we've had a very smooth Curbside process for a couple of years now. ...We were one of the first in the company to receive Curbside, and have "some of the highest" volume for Curbside orders for 2015 (revealing just how much would pretty easily identify which store I work for).

Our Curbside team has its own MyDevice, and accesses what they need from Guest Services, where they're allowed to pick-up their orders and process orders as well. Definitely have not had the same issues you're reporting having--my team leaders and I would go ballistic on anyone not using labels and/or cancelling orders!

I never personally worked at a store that had curbside, but it rolled out a while ago in the Bay Area (San Jose especially). Perhaps they were just pilot stores, many Bay Area stores are pilots due to the foot traffic and things being super trendy/high tech. I heard nothing but complaints. There's an actual Curbside team outside under a canopy. I'm not sure if they're Target TMs or not, they didn't look to be. Not sure if they're incorporated like Starbucks and CVS.

Is that why Curbside didn't open their stall today? We opened today without any Curbside personnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back