Archived CVS Pharmacy @ Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that the offer letter doesn't really provide much info. Calling them I find out that my offer is for a postion that has a max weekly hours of almost half what my current average weekly hours is, and that they will "reach out" and get back to me... yeah this is going to be great

I called, hours were not mentioned in my letter or when I called so I'm assuming no change but maybe they just aren't telling me?

I called, hours were not mentioned in my letter or when I called so I'm assuming no change but maybe they just aren't telling me?
It wasn't mentioned until I asked something related to hours /position type and the person read of something like it is "up to a max of xx hours" when I told them my average hours was told they would reach out and get back to me... I like info before accepting anything so I had questions to ask... I just recommend people ask questions about things that matter to them if it isn't mentioned anywhere... Perhaps my issue is a clerical error somewhere, or something misread... Also asked about some things that they told me they wont know til next week after the deadline to respond to the offer...

It wasn't mentioned until I asked something related to hours /position type and the person read of something like it is "up to a max of xx hours" when I told them my average hours was told they would reach out and get back to me... I like info before accepting anything so I had questions to ask... I just recommend people ask questions about things that matter to them if it isn't mentioned anywhere... Perhaps my issue is a clerical error somewhere, or something misread... Also asked about some things that they told me they wont know til next week after the deadline to respond to the offer...
So you pushed 3 then to talk to someone...

Yep... They just called me back and said the stuff about hours isn't in there and there is nothing about hours...

Last edited:
Should have listened longer, didn't realize talking to someone was an option. I'm sure it eould have just been a lot of we don't know

If I don't like my situation after the change, I'll just quit. Might as well give it a chance
Yes, I completely agree with this! I went ahead and accepted the offer, but if I'm not happy I will definitely find a new job. There are too many other tech jobs out there and I have no loyalty to CVS.

Yes, I completely agree with this! I went ahead and accepted the offer, but if I'm not happy I will definitely find a new job. There are too many other tech jobs out there and I have no loyalty to CVS.
I'll accept I'm sure, but I just feel a lot more information needs to be provided... they also need to be consistent with the info they are providing. For example the first person I talked to told me they would know the info to some of my questions next week, the person who called me back said it won't be til January... and from this board we know people in different areas have been getting different info... if we were all getting clear consistent info throughout the whole process, and not different things and "it's business as usual" I would feel so much better... re-reading the email, while the subject says it is an offer letter, yet it only provides "key terms of your employment offer" So, what are the non key terms according to CVS? which may be key to me, even if not to cvs,.. what am I actually agreeing to? All the questions I asked with this offer are questions I normally have had answers to before applying to a job, some perhaps by an interview, before an offer has been made to me, so I don't understand how they can be making offers without knowing the answers... I don't like agreeing to things without knowing what I am agreeing to, and I don't like agreeing to something and then immediately turning around and going bye, see ya latter! I may not have loyalty to CVS, however I do care about my co workers and as hard of a time as we have had in the past hiring someone when there is a vacancy, I want them to have as much time as I can give them if I need to go elsewhere...

Last edited:
So on a happier note, how are guests responding to the red of rewards where you are at? Today everyone I interacted with seemed fine, a few disappointed, but no one seemed angry. There are a few of our guests that I think will be, based on their past behavior, when they do come in and we let them know, but maybe they will surprise me...

I agree that there is a lot of information that we're not being given, but I don't forsee us receiving that information in the 7 days that we have to accept or decline. Yesterday morning I received a "You & CVS at Target" document that was 9 printed pages. It covered every aspect of the transition from Target's side. In contrast, the offer letter from CVS only had my title and hourly rate of pay...oh wait! And also a notice about being an at will employee that can be termed at any time and for any reason!! I would never abandon my pharmacy team, but I'm definitely preparing resume.

You guys were making me a bit nervous with the "max hours" thing so even though I'd already accepted, I made the call again to ask questions. A lot of the answers were vague and "we don't know at this time", but as far as hours go, they had me listed as "20 hours average per week" though my actual average is almost 32. When I asked if the 20 hours were a maximum they said I can definitely get more, but it would be up to whoever does my schedule. And as far as my pharmacy manager has been told, she'll continue doing the schedule.
We'll see though. It seems like so much is up in the air and we have to just accept the offer first and see what they give us.
On the positive side, at least we're keeping our jobs (for now). With the Rite Aid acquisition (by Walgreens) it looks like they're gonna just shut down a bunch of stores.

I heard a rumor CVS might shut down some locations inside some Targets...is this true?

I heard a rumor CVS might shut down some locations inside some Targets...is this true?

There is a standalone CVS 2 minutes down the street. In my case, it would make sense to do so.

CVS can't close any of the Target CVS stores without Target's approval for I think a period of 5 years. There is a standalone CVS less than 1/2 mile from my store, but our volume is a lot higher than theirs. In this case it would make more sense to close the standalone store.

We have already had some very pissed customers about rewards ending

We will start offering CVS'd extra care program as soon as the offer is final.

As for my store, we have a 24 hr CVS w a drive thru literally in our parking lot and another 2 miles down the road. I know Target has to give permission for them to close, but I see them giving that permission in the case of my store

CVS can't close any of the Target CVS stores without Target's approval for I think a period of 5 years. There is a standalone CVS less than 1/2 mile from my store, but our volume is a lot higher than theirs. In this case it would make more sense to close the standalone store.
^This....and why would Target "approve" any closings? They have nothing to lose by keeping them open...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back