Archived CVS Pharmacy @ Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
In connection with any New Store that is a Smaller Format Store, the Parties shall discuss in good faith and mutually agree upon an appropriate break-room space to be used by Pharmacy Personnel, provided that if no other appropriate break room solution for Pharmacy Personnel is agreed to, the break room provided for the use of Target Personnel shall be shared on an alternating schedule to be reasonably agreed to by the parties such that Target Personnel and Pharmacy Personnel shall not occupy the break room space at the same time.
What idiot came up with this ?

I found this part interesting...
"8.8 CVS Assistance. CVS shall establish reasonable operating procedures to ensure that, at the request of any Guest, Pharmacy Personnel reasonably assist such Guest in identifying appropriate OTC products, skin care, and other Target Products in the Stores that are consistent with managing the Guest’s health."

Are we going to get a list of said products? Does shampoo count? What about water? Q-tips/cotton balls? Bug spray? Suntan lotion? Batteries? Lysol?

You guys are overthinking this. This is just there so CVS can't create a policy which tells their employees they don't have to care about a customer beyond the Pharmacy. If a customer comes to the counter and says "hey where are the band aids," CVS will make a reasonable effort to help them find it. It's legalese that means just do the right thing.

You guys are overthinking this. This is just there so CVS can't create a policy which tells their employees they don't have to care about a customer beyond the Pharmacy. If a customer comes to the counter and says "hey where are the band aids," CVS will make a reasonable effort to help them find it. It's legalese that means just do the right thing.
Yep. And a guest should be able to ask the pharmacist, "hey, what cold medicine would you recommend?" just like they would at any other place with a pharmacy.

Why? That's unnecessary. It's on our checklist to check Redwire twice a day for recalls. When the pharmacy software converts to CVS you won't see any recalls for pharmacy on RedWire at all.

Because the LOD must check it off Redwire that the pharmacist has addressed it. That's why.

Because the LOD must check it off Redwire that the pharmacist has addressed it. That's why.
No, any Pharmacist can check off redwire! it is part of their daily task. LOD cares because its part of their metrics and nothing to do with pharmacy metrics

Yep. And a guest should be able to ask the pharmacist, "hey, what cold medicine would you recommend?" just like they would at any other place with a pharmacy.
Wrong, "cold medicine" would fall under the "Target products that are consistent with managing the guest's health" category. Nothing in that "legalese" stops CVS from creating a policy that stops us from helping guests with items unrelated to their health, like paper plates, batteries, cotton balls....

Wrong, "cold medicine" would fall under the "Target products that are consistent with managing the guest's health" category. Nothing in that "legalese" stops CVS from creating a policy that stops us from helping guests with items unrelated to their health, like paper plates, batteries, cotton balls....
Right, but I think the point is that they want to be sure that CVS doesn't do a, "oh, we don't sell the cold medicine, so we don't have to answer any questions about it."

Right, but I think the point is that they want to be sure that CVS doesn't do a, "oh, we don't sell the cold medicine, so we don't have to answer any questions about it."
That would fall under "patient counseling," though, which is part of the pharmacist's contract, regardless of which company is "selling" the product.

My issue is that you can make an argument that just about anything (with a few exceptions) in the store could be used to "manage a guest's health."

Yeah...so where would the Target people go then? I think we can still share a table just because we work for different employers.

Such stupidity.

I just wonder why this is such a big deal. Nothing important happens in the break rooms. They just have snacks, tv, and motivational speeches about the Red Cards lol Maybe they don't want non-team members to eat all the food that's meant for TMs? I could reasonably understand that part, because the techs at my store can go over-board on the free food.

Unless they're afraid CVS employees will mooch off the food brought in for Target TMs.
Oh...that's right. My former store doesn't do that any more.

I just wonder why this is such a big deal. Nothing important happens in the break rooms. They just have snacks, tv, and motivational speeches about the Red Cards lol Maybe they don't want non-team members to eat all the food that's meant for TMs? I could reasonably understand that part, because the techs at my store can go over-board on the free food.
There might be classified material in there...such as promotions etc....

Why? Not all stores have FA/Starbucks, so those TMs literally have the pharmacy, outside, or their cars to eat in. Mine has very few tables, so we will likely eat in the pharmacy. We don't even have a counter in the "off-stage area" at my pharmacy, just a backless stool.

That is very weird, the only exception to that I have seen is some of the mothers with small children have brought them in to check their schedule, but not to just hang out in the break room.

Huh, totally commonplace at my store. People have boyfriends/girlfriends, spouses, kids, sibling, parents, friends, etc meet them for breaks ALL the time!
Do they sign in at guest service? If someone doesn't have a Target ID team members are too call AP or the LOD.

Do they sign in at guest service? If someone doesn't have a Target ID team members are too call AP or the LOD.

No, no one signs in. They just show up!

I never thought much of it because they actually told me it was allowed at orientation

Our store is pretty lax about visitors as long as it's brief. Having lunch with your BFF in the breakroom would be a stretch, but if for example, you are just swinging by to pick up your check it's usually fine if the friends chill in TSC for a minute.

I apologize as I'm sure this has been addressed somewhere in this thread but is Target's health insurance going to carry over for a time with the employees going to CVS? I keep getting emails to sign up for insurance through the healthcare.gov, tomorrow is the last day and I'm nervous they know something I don't. (I'm in the weird position of being a full time front end tm who is now moving to CVS as a tech so I'm not back there every day and keep forgetting to ask).

I apologize as I'm sure this has been addressed somewhere in this thread but is Target's health insurance going to carry over for a time with the employees going to CVS? I keep getting emails to sign up for insurance through the healthcare.gov, tomorrow is the last day and I'm nervous they know something I don't. (I'm in the weird position of being a full time front end tm who is now moving to CVS as a tech so I'm not back there every day and keep forgetting to ask).
Yes, the target insurance will carry over until the end of January. In January, we will be signing up for CVS insurance.

What were you all told regarding vacation hours rolling over/not rolling over at the beginning of this?
We were told soon after the announcment that they would definitely be rolling over (I used mine because I didn't trust that), but THIS MORNING all of the pharmacists in my area were told on a call that "oops, your accumulated vacation hours won't be rolling over to the new company, you have the rest of today to decide what to do with them".
I heard some of them were almost at their vacation max. Just curious if this is something that happened to everyone or just our area.

Your lunch bag has to be held in front of the camera and then signed off on by the Pharmacist.
Target has to be allowed into the pharmacy to respond to change requests. And as long as my cameras are in the pharmacy I can do what I want.
I wonder if CVS will have their own (crappy) camera system, separate from Target's. And... I bet our camera coverage will be removed/limited when all this is said/done.

What were you all told regarding vacation hours rolling over/not rolling over at the beginning of this?
We were told soon after the announcment that they would definitely be rolling over (I used mine because I didn't trust that), but THIS MORNING all of the pharmacists in my area were told on a call that "oops, your accumulated vacation hours won't be rolling over to the new company, you have the rest of today to decide what to do with them".
I heard some of them were almost at their vacation max. Just curious if this is something that happened to everyone or just our area.
We were told it would be paid out, just like if we resigned or Target was terminating us for any other reason other then selling us, and that our length of service with Target would be used for length of service with CVS regarding how much vacation is earned once we become CVS property employees.

We were told they were being paid out. We did not have any new communication yesterday though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back