Archived CVS Pharmacy @ Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good point. Mine does, so maybe that's why they aren't saying we can't??? We aren't allowed to count CIIs anymore, though...
Yes, we received the CII info yesterday too. Out store does a lot, so it's just more work for the pharmacists.

There is legal stuff for lunches in many states....probably not much for breaks.
You'd be surprised what you can waive even in states with laws for break/lunch. Hubby works in same state I do. Give hour state for me. No break required for him. He's worked up to forty hours in one shot...officially he takes them when he can.

The break thing is interesting, as on the microsite is CVs's break policy, which I read a few weeks back, though did not read all the variations for diff states, and I seem to recall it being similar to target's policy 15mins and frequencies. There are some states with laws requiring breaks as well. I don't see how a conference call message could override their written policy, and if you are in one of the states where they are required by law, they must provide them... As far as I know we haven't had a conference call, or if we have nothing has been communicated to the techs... To see if your state has laws about breaks check... Or your states agency related to it....
U.S. Department of Labor - Wage & Hour Divisions (WHD) - Minimum Paid Rest Period Requirements Under State Law for Adult Employees in Private Sector - January 1, 2013
U.S. Department of Labor ? Wage and Hour Division (WHD) ? Minimum Length of Meal Period Required under State Law for Adult Employees in Private Sector1/ January 1, 2013

Well according to the map we're not guaranteed rest or meal breaks in my state. I also saw the meal and break policy on microsite and it was very similar to Target's policy.

We got an email yesterday from our pharmacy supervisor (former RXBP position) that said the Target channel of CVS stores is piloting a lunch break for pharmacists. Apparently CVS pharmacists are currently not guaranteed a lunch. This definitely seems dangerous to me to have pharmacists working 13 hour shifts with no breaks.

Was informed Thursday that yes can have a break if its not busy at the moment. I like to have a smoke and sit down, I never stay for the full 15 mins. Since Monday the Pharmacists in my store have been doing all the transfers, counting c11's and checking vm. We can no longer offer to help look for any type of online discount card or fill pet med's, this came over thursday as well

Was informed Thursday that yes can have a break if its not busy at the moment. I like to have a smoke and sit down, I never stay for the full 15 mins. Since Monday the Pharmacists in my store have been doing all the transfers, counting c11's and checking vm. We can no longer offer to help look for any type of online discount card or fill pet med's, this came over thursday as well
Techs can't do transfers in Texas, so that's not a change for us. We still check voicemail. We can only take non controlled refill authorizations per state law and we continue to do that.

CVS doesn't dispense pet meds. We were told to stop dispensing them right after the deal closed in December. We can keep dispensing human meds to pets.

When you say online discount cards are you talking about copay cards i.e. for Symbicort & Crestor or non insurance discount cards like goodrx? CVS rolled out a free discount program through Script Save that replaces our $4/$10 list. It started on January 18.

Yes the copay cards, and we have not been told about cvs's discount program. I wish they would tell everyone the same thing on the same day

We still add copay cards for people. We haven't been told not to do that. You definitely should have been told about the discount program. Patients can enroll online at scriptsave.com. They need to enter the group number to get started. The group number is PE1417.

We still add copay cards for people. We haven't been told not to do that. You definitely should have been told about the discount program. Patients can enroll online at scriptsave.com. They need to enter the group number to get started. The group number is PE1417.
We can ADD them, but aren't supposed to GIVE them to people, which I think is bs. When our DM & RM came a few weeks ago, they threw all of ours out :eek:

Techs can't do transfers in Texas, so that's not a change for us. We still check voicemail. We can only take non controlled refill authorizations per state law and we continue to do that.

CVS doesn't dispense pet meds. We were told to stop dispensing them right after the deal closed in December. We can keep dispensing human meds to pets.

When you say online discount cards are you talking about copay cards i.e. for Symbicort & Crestor or non insurance discount cards like goodrx? CVS rolled out a free discount program through Script Save that replaces our $4/$10 list. It started on January 18.
In my state, we can take refills & new rxs. We are continuing to check voicemail. No transfers though.

We can ADD them, but aren't supposed to GIVE them to people, which I think is bs. When our DM & RM came a few weeks ago, they threw all of ours out :eek:
That's so crazy to me! I talked to a Therapy First rep on Thursday and told her to send us some more Crestor cards. I didn't know they weren't allowed now. I guess I need to hide ours before a visit :rolleyes:

That's so crazy to me! I talked to a Therapy First rep on Thursday and told her to send us some more Crestor cards. I didn't know they weren't allowed now. I guess I need to hide ours before a visit :rolleyes:
It's ridiculous what they threw away.

Well, the edict came down that we aren't allowed to reconstitute or compound as of 1/31. :(
Yes, I received an email about it today. Apparently the reconstituting is the result of a CVS store releasing an antibiotic to a patient where only half of the water had been added. CVS was sued over the incident and now techs can't reconstitute. I hypothesized that the error was the result of CVS severely understaffing their stores!

Yes, I received an email about it today. Apparently the reconstituting is the result of a CVS store releasing an antibiotic to a patient where only half of the water had been added. CVS was sued over the incident and now techs can't reconstitute. I hypothesized that the error was the result of CVS severely understaffing their stores!
Most likely..:

I remember a CVS incident some years ago in which a recent pharmacist hire worked for several months before they discovered she wasn't a pharmacist at all.
After that, every relief pharmacist at our store had to present their creds.
Oops!!! We've all had to present our creds, so no chance of that happening now....

Yeh, for CVS it was one of those 'barn door after the escape' things.

Explains why now you see pharmacies that specialize in compounding, pet meds, and reconstituting.
Seems weird that CVS would want to chase all that business away.
After all that is what the mortar and and pestle are all about.

We do a fair number of compounds & a couple of them are labor intensive. I don't see how they can justify taking the pharmacists away from their other duties to spend 15-20 minutes doing ONE compound. I was trained how to do them BY the pharmacist & I'm typically the one who does them.

We do a fair number of compounds & a couple of them are labor intensive. I don't see how they can justify taking the pharmacists away from their other duties to spend 15-20 minutes doing ONE compound. I was trained how to do them BY the pharmacist & I'm typically the one who does them.
We're in the same situation at my pharmacy. We also dispensed a lot of pet meds. It seems like techs are completely useless to CVS. They took our overworked pharmacists and gave them more responsibilities that techs are capable of doing. It's a total waste of payroll and our licenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back