DBO thread

Zoning as u go .gets u a shit zone. Stoping truck to really zone puts truck and autos behind. Gonna get coached for rolling truck or have a bad zone. This is a fake tl job with more work & less pay. :mad:but guess I own it.

Zoning as u go .gets u a shit zone. Stoping truck to really zone puts truck and autos behind. Gonna get coached for rolling truck or have a bad zone. This is a fake tl job with more work & less pay. :mad:but guess I own it.

Exactly they want you to act like TL and do TL stuff at some stores but without TL pay and no guaranteed hours

How exactly you guys schedule your DBOs and secondary? I prefer my DBOs get their hours (as in the most hardworking members) so having them on truck days (which is 5 trucks per week) is important.

I own Inbound, PIPO, Stationary, Home Appliances, Plastic/Hardwares, and Babies.

Inbound pretty much get 4hrs each.

PIPO, which is Paper and every pallet that comes off that truck, is for one of my SRT. He’s currently the only Inbound TM getting the full shift.

As for my other areas, I want to give them 7hrs because these areas I have are freaking monsters to own.

Now me and my other GMs talked about who should own each spot. We do have a lot of secondary TMs and now I think about it, not sure how to schedule them

Designated Business Owner
From another thread:
Well based on the confusion it might be terminology that my district is using. We were the first ones to start E2E/MODERNIZATION.
For us a DBO is in charge of everything for a particular area. Its not just pushing, setting, filling, and zoning. You are to know your sales for the year, month, previous day, and today. You are to be an expert and "own" your area so that you can help guests with their needs and meet sales goals.
I have been doing most of this since I startred 6 months ago. As DBO to me we should also have some say in new products that would help increase sales. Better displays.Whats the point of knowing the sales if we cant help increase it? We are missing out on so much additional sales at my location. I know we can do better. Things are getting better. Looks like they hired 2 part timers which is great except they dont like to backstock they just stick the extra product in another location which i have to pull and backstock. They dont know how to label face, they just throw it on the shelf upsidedown. product rotation takes time especially with pushers,so many expired items or close to date.

Does anyone have ideas for what DBOs should be doing in free time? I know it probably sounds crazy but our store is doing decent with modernization and so far, the DBOs have 7-8 hour shifts.

I’m in Toys and there’s no revisions/salesplans this week, and last week I LOCUed all of my toy aisles. What are other tasks that should be done for my area? We are up to date on sidecaps as well.

I know a lot of people will probably say to help another area but honestly I don’t know if we’ve just had small trucks or what but freight is getting done everyday.

Would a mancaf be a good move? Or purging next?

Does anyone have ideas for what DBOs should be doing in free time? I know it probably sounds crazy but our store is doing decent with modernization and so far, the DBOs have 7-8 hour shifts.

I’m in Toys and there’s no revisions/salesplans this week, and last week I LOCUed all of my toy aisles. What are other tasks that should be done for my area? We are up to date on sidecaps as well.

I know a lot of people will probably say to help another area but honestly I don’t know if we’ve just had small trucks or what but freight is getting done everyday.

Would a mancaf be a good move? Or purging next?
What about pulling your price change do your clearance , any active labels ? I find it hard to believe that the toy department is A zoned .

Maybe reorganize the backroom to have it mimic the sales floor? Like, have all of nerf in a section, followed by RC/Tech, followed by boys action, etc
This is a great idea.
What about pulling your price change do your clearance , any active labels ? I find it hard to believe that the toy department is A zoned .
I pull my price change and do labels every morning.
Walked the backroom & make sure everything is done. Work on price changes & decoded items. Do not tell your leadership that you have nothing to do.
Dcode is a good idea. Price change I do every morning and I work clearance as needed.
Do a complete audit. Also, it's toys. You can't make me believe that there is ever nothing in toys that you could zone up.
A complete audit is a very good idea. Some of my on the floors are probably pretty messed up. I’m sure there’s always *something* that could be touched up, but that’s ineffective to zone all day. I do a deep 1-2 hour zone every morning and after that, I work freight. During freight if I notice something that is totally messed up I’ll spend a minute or two to fix it.

So yes, I could be zoning at all times, but it’s much more effective to just do it every morning and then touch up as I go.

I wish I was this lucky

Your store must be doing really well for this to happen
Maybe. I guess not *everyone* has 7-8 hour shifts. I have roughly 35 hours a week and I’m DBO for Toys by myself. We have one in Sporting Goods who works 25 hours a week, so 5 hour shifts. She falls behind on her stuff a little bit but gets caught up on the light truck days.

I’d say probably half of our DBOs have 7-8 shifts and the other half have 4-5 hour shifts. But the ones who have less then 6 hours don’t own an area by themselves.

Maybe. I guess not *everyone* has 7-8 hour shifts. I have roughly 35 hours a week and I’m DBO for Toys by myself. We have one in Sporting Goods who works 25 hours a week, so 5 hour shifts. She falls behind on her stuff a little bit but gets caught up on the light truck days.

I’d say probably half of our DBOs have 7-8 shifts and the other half have 4-5 hour shifts. But the ones who have less then 6 hours don’t own an area by themselves.

Anyone in your store getting single shifts per week, or only two or three shifts per week?

Help work repacks
We don’t really have. By the time I finish all my freight and PC Zane revisions and stuff, it’s normally around 12:30PM and there’s maybe like one or two vehicles left on the line by that point. If we were drowning in freight I would.

I would love a 7 hour shift. Or even if my shifts were spent pushing. Right now the first 2 hours are spent doing inbound leaving me with maybe 2-3 hours for autos and truck push

Back