Archived Demoting

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you demote to a position with a lower paygrade, do you still get to keep the salary of the higher paygrade, or will they bump you back down?

I believe you'll be bumped down. I know for certain you'll be bumped down if you are going from TL to TM.

I've really been thinking about it lately... I'll take one less dollar an hour to have my sanity back and actually have time to do my schoolwork. Are they allowed to refuse to let you demote?

They'd probably just say ok and keep scheduling you the same shifts in pfresh where you'd do the same work with similar expectations for less pay :p. Granted you could fix that somewhat by altering your availability.

I do market shifts personally where I'm expected to do anything a PA would do. Opening routines, SDAs, cleaning routines, orders, the whole 9 yards. Bargain for them because I'm an N07 instead of N09.

Our CTL just quit or was performanced out (not sure, didn't get the full story), so now the PA is running the department. I can't complain, gets me a lot of hours over there, ~40 out of 75 the next couple weeks. We're getting coverage when neither of us is available by utilizing an electronics TM and a merchandising brand TM from softlines, neither of whom have ever worked there. They're basically just zoning, either myself or the PA is opening every morning. So yeah this might be where you find yourself if you ask to step down, a PA making less money.

Ahhh, @Cel, very true... Hopefully I just find a new job soon and then it'll be a non-issue. I'm beyond burned out.

You should fight to get your pay though. I think the rule is if over 50% of your shifts are in a workcenter with a higher paygrade, then they're supposed to adjust your salary accordingly.

Have you considered switching to a different work center with the same pay grade? That's what I'm in the process of doing, and I like it more already.

Have you considered switching to a different work center with the same pay grade? That's what I'm in the process of doing, and I like it more already.

No, but its worth considering. I've worked with plano before and really liked it. I also used to work with the instocks team and as boring as the work was, it was probably the calmest, least stressful team/workcenter I had ever worked with.

No, but its worth considering. I've worked with plano before and really liked it. I also used to work with the instocks team and as boring as the work was, it was probably the calmest, least stressful team/workcenter I had ever worked with.
I just switched from GSA to plano (+ some hard lines) and it's so nice. Our PTL is a key carrier so we get to go in early and just do our work in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back