Archived demoting....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say if a team members was a part time in stocks team member, then got promoted to the signing position. did that for 6 months and then wanted to demote. what would happen to that team member? would they be able to go back to their in stocks position?

The big problem is that the signing position is kind of hard to fill.
If they can't find someone easily and they don't have an instocks position to put you in, the demotion isn't going to happen.
They might be nice about it and promise to help you when they can but then never get around to it or just flat out tell you no.

If they see you are struggling with the job and they like you, want to keep you, and are decent people, the results might be different.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Why would you give up signing!? I loved that position. As long as you're working with a good POG team, I can't think of a valid reason to demote from signing.

You will demote to where they have openings. They consider it more of a transfer and not a demotion, so you cant be on CCA or anything still.

I'm in the annoying process of demoting from GSA to plano. Same pay grades, so no pay cut; but they're short on GSA's so they're making me stay up front until they can find a replacement. And they really aren't looking that hard. You CAN move around pretty easily around in different TM positions, but they need someone to replace you before that happens..

there is always going to be someone looking for that full time job.... as long as you wait it out a bit (2 weeks or a little more) you should be demoted with no problem... if you have any other problems just go to HR and explain the situation... whatever your reason is.. spice it up a bit if you have to... but they should be able to demote you pretty quickly... im not sure your going to get your instocks job back though...

getting you out of there wont be as hard as getting your instocks job back...

let me clarify lol! i'm a hard lines team leader, who was promoted from signing to team leader. the team member who filled back my signing position is really struggling and hates the pog team leader, and recently approached me and said they was 99% sure she wanted to demote. i gave them the best advice i could, and really encouraged to keep trying, but i'm fairly sure they are just over it and wants to go back to instocks.

let me clarify lol! i'm a hard lines team leader, who was promoted from signing to team leader. the team member who filled back my signing position is really struggling and hates the pog team leader, and recently approached me and said they was 99% sure she wanted to demote. i gave them the best advice i could, and really encouraged to keep trying, but i'm fairly sure they are just over it and wants to go back to instocks.

Some people are meant for signing and some just aren't.
It's better to find someone who loves it than have somebody who isn't happy and is going to let things fall apart.
Because in the long run that is what will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back