Archived Disrespect from corporate

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few days ago, a fellow GSA had a guest come in and want to return four infant formulas without a receipt or method of payment. She said no, and of course they wanted to speak with the LOD. The LOD said no, so they wanted corporate's number. They gave them corporate's number, and things went downhill quickly.

The person on the other end of the phone asked to speak to the GSA. When she spoke with them, the girl was incredibly rude, to the point of ridiculing her, and then demanded to speak to the LOD. She had to call the LOD back up, and while she was waiting for the LOD to come back up, she could hear the girl from corporate saying her her coworkers, "what sort of fucking GSA doesn't just return formula?" and other such niceties.

The LOD came up to take the call and immediately her entire face went red, and she walked away with the phone as she was clearly getting the same treatment as the GSA got. The LOD finally came back, and simply told the GSA to give them whatever they wanted.

I told the GSA she needed to call the integrity line, but while she agreed, she won't follow through. Nice to know we are allowed to be treated like dirt because we simply don't matter at all.

And the GSA now understands while I let everything go through with guests. There is no point putting up a fight over anything, because in the end, we'll lose, and it just isn't worth it.

The lady from guest relations definitely sounds like she was not being polite and professional but that being said you guys should of accepted the return using her ID. This is what Target wants (Vibe) and it's honestly not worth the time and aggravation ( TM and guests) to deny returns. The only time you should be weary of taking a return is if you notice a repeat guest and suspect fraud. But I would say majority of time guests are just not satisfied with there purchase and would like for there return to be accepted with no aggravation.

I'm sure Target has done studies and has determined it's more profitable to accept most returns rather than being strict with the return policy. I know I once bought a pair of shoes at a shoe store, never wore them and wanted to return them the following day and they would only offer me an even exchange. Do you think I ever went back there to buy shoes again?

Then Target needs to take off the override requirement for it. If it's done with a no receipt return, it automatically kicks us to the screen to exchange it out for different formula.

Fun fact...unless they are exchanging it for other formula (because baby still needs to eat) it is a scam. Likely someone they know got it off their WIC checks or they bought it off the black market (there is a black market for that sort of thing) which is why the registers require it be exchanged when there is no receipt. AP had told us long ago because it is such a well known scam not to do straight returns without a receipt for that stuff.

And there is a huge difference in doing something for an actual guest and making scammers happy so they can continue to scam the system. Why would we want to encourage them to continue to come back and continue to hassle us and rip us off?

But again, I'm just a "fucking GSA" so what do I know?

Then Target needs to take off the override requirement for it. If it's done with a no receipt return, it automatically kicks us to the screen to exchange it out for different formula.

Fun fact...unless they are exchanging it for other formula (because baby still needs to eat) it is a scam. Likely someone they know got it off their WIC checks or they bought it off the black market (there is a black market for that sort of thing) which is why the registers require it be exchanged when there is no receipt. AP had told us long ago because it is such a well known scam not to do straight returns without a receipt for that stuff.

And there is a huge difference in doing something for an actual guest and making scammers happy so they can continue to scam the system. Why would we want to encourage them to continue to come back and continue to hassle us and rip us off?

But again, I'm just a "fucking GSA" so what do I know?

Or, they bought it when we had a gift card promo. Buy two, get $10 gift card. Or, spend $125 in baby, get $25 gift card.

Or, they bought it when we had a gift card promo. Buy two, get $10 gift card. Or, spend $125 in baby, get $25 gift card.

Yep, still a scam.

I wish your AP person could have been close by when Ms "I'm going to treat people like shit" was on the phone.
Hopefully they would be the kind of person who wouldn't mind calmly explaining to idiots these simple thing.
Let them do that slowly and in words of one syllable while Ms. "My brain is full of spiders" blithers about vibing.
You could get popcorn.

Last edited:
Not to mention it goes straight to red. So the company just ate the cost. hell she may have stolen the formula from somewhere else. We had a lady get away with this for a while, before she got caught. Most of our scammers have corporate on speed dial, then corporate wonders why were losing so much money. It just isn't worth it anymore, because in the end they get what they want and I get coached.

I wonder what would happen I I was at guest service and I knew the person returning something was scamming us? What if I refused to handle their request? Would I be written up or fired?

Who returns 4 containers of formula? No one for any legitimate reason. Well, maybe if their baby died. But then they'd be working through other problems.

What scam.

I wonder what would happen I I was at guest service and I knew the person returning something was scamming us? What if I refused to handle their request? Would I be written up or fired?

Who returns 4 containers of formula? No one for any legitimate reason. Well, maybe if their baby died. But then they'd be working through other problems.

What scam.
Sometimes it gets returned when they discover the baby can't/won't eat what they bought. But then they either always have a receipt or just want something else, because baby still needs to eat.

Meh. I'd just return it. if corporate wants to lose money, that's their prerogative. I don't want to deal with the drama, and AP can come do their job if it is fraud. They can't build a case without it happening a few times so I will help them out. It's not like my "raise" will get any smaller!

Meh. I'd just return it. if corporate wants to lose money, that's their prerogative. I don't want to deal with the drama, and AP can come do their job if it is fraud. They can't build a case without it happening a few times so I will help them out. It's not like my "raise" will get any smaller!

Sshhh, don't say that. Spot gets any cheaper, instead of a small raise, Spot will ask you to give him some money back!

I had the opposite happen. I got lucky with the LOD that was there and they supported my decision to refuse the return, and when corporate was called, they backed us up. I hate the inconsistency that there is because depending on whom you call, you can get very different responses. Very frustrating.

we get fraud coming in and out of our target daily. we get couponers and we get people who steal and return shit in bulk for a gift card. one of our GSA got us in trouble because we would only return what was possible for stocking purposes and when district heard about this we had to return everything no matter what. that's when everyone and their mamas came and started returning shit without a receipt or even sometimes they would try to return single items and they'd want them in different giftcards to cash out later. it's horrible what target's become. we always have to call up for back up in GS because we're always dealing with fraud and we're always dealing with people who bring in bulk of cosmetics since they're all universal codes apparently. we have people waiting who are making legit returns wait for minutes because we always have to return and deal with all the fraud. it's so sad that target is such losing money and it's not what it use to be. lately we've been cracking down a lot where if you're not present when your id is being used we can deny you, when a box is damaged (even tho it's most likely going to be ESIM) we won't return it because we can't "resell it". they buy it and then get pissed off. now we're also only allowing four gifts card cash outs and if you're return items and you want them all on different giftcards we can't do that we have to post void everything and have it go back on that card. don't have that card? sorry then we can't do anything about it you either have to go back to that target or find that gift card. it's been nice having to turn down people.

this is a long rant sorry.

Last edited:
I return ANYTHING. I know that if I say no, the LOD will say "take care of the guest." Or like in this situation, the LOD may have the balls to tell them no as well and then they want corporate's number. But I don't blame the OP for giving the guest a hard time. I deal with a ton of self entitled monsters that think it's perfectly okay to try to return something that was clearly used without a receipt and expect cash back and a hearty apology. And Target expects us to treat these "guests" like royalty while they treat us like misbehaved children.

I had the opposite happen. I got lucky with the LOD that was there and they supported my decision to refuse the return, and when corporate was called, they backed us up. I hate the inconsistency that there is because depending on whom you call, you can get very different responses. Very frustrating.

The one thing that has become clear is that corporate is in chaos. All those cuts and restructuring has some people with 5 bosses and others with nobody in charge. The stores are never going to get straight answers from HQ because they have no idea what is going on either.

I return ANYTHING. I know that if I say no, the LOD will say "take care of the guest.

THIS. Back when they first came out with the phrase "Be bold" and we were told to accept any coupons or returns, I had a guest wanting to return an opened video game. I was a GSA and I had always been told there were copy right issues with this sort of situation. Well, the guest wasn't happy and they put up a fight and wanted me to get my boss. I told them I would ask the LOD. I knew he was at his desk, so I called his phone extension and explained the situation. His response, word for word: "All I can tell you is 'be bold.'" I was so pissed that that was his response. I hung up on him and decided that I no longer should care about my job. I did the return and the guest wanted cash back for it. "Sure, why not? I'll override that for you. I no longer care."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back