Archived Does missing orientation make you non-rehirable???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I used to work for Target, up until a few months ago. I quit due to school and such, and then I just reapplied because I am a college graduate and I want to earn money.

After the interview, I feel a horrible sense of dread. I haven’t slept since. Right now, it is 4:00am. I can’t stand the thought of going back. So many awful things happened. I don’t know why I didn’t leave it in 2018 to die.

Listen friends, my question is this: does falling off the face of the planet after getting the “conditional job offer” make you non-rehirable? I was thinking of not going to orientation and just never calling back.

Sorry guys, I know most of you function on Target loyalty. I promise I’m not a bad person. Just an anxious person. And I don’t know if I can do this again

Thank you

Hi,

I used to work for Target, up until a few months ago. I quit due to school and such, and then I just reapplied because I am a college graduate and I want to earn money.

After the interview, I feel a horrible sense of dread. I haven’t slept since. Right now, it is 4:00am. I can’t stand the thought of going back. So many awful things happened. I don’t know why I didn’t leave it in 2018 to die.

Listen friends, my question is this: does falling off the face of the planet after getting the “conditional job offer” make you non-rehirable? I was thinking of not going to orientation and just never calling back.

Sorry guys, I know most of you function on Target loyalty. I promise I’m not a bad person. Just an anxious person. And I don’t know if I can do this again

Thank you
What the fuck is your question?

From one anxious person to another, I feel your pain. Probably the right advice here would be to say it’s just a false sense of doom keeping you from going back. Stand up to that fear and go anyway. Take its power away.
But having been in your shoes more times than I care to admit, that advice is easier said than actually done. If you can’t bring yourself to go (and thats ok!) then call and tell HR that your feeling overwhelming anxiety about it and your sorry but you just can’t come back. I think you will feel better having called and explained.

I have to ask why you reapplied and what was so bad the 1st time?

You’re not “non rehirable” but you will be marked as a “No call no show” to orientation in the hiring system.

Don't NS for orientation. I understand anxiety quite well and you need to determine if the anxiety is based on reality or simply fear of the unknown.

Put together what's known as a "Ben Franklin List". Two columns. One lists all the valid reasons you feel anxiety, the other the imagined scenarios or gut feelings.

Which list is longer? If it's the latter make that orientation. If the former, perhaps you really don't want to return.

IF you don't go to orientation you've NO options and you ALWAYS want to have options.

Best of luck to you! I hope to hear good things!

😊

It is in the title for fucks sake.
Can you not smack around people who obviously have anxiety issues in the first place?
We know you are edgy and cranky.
We put up with it.
Please don't snap at the timid.
Ok, ok, I’ll tone it down.

You could always call them back & tell them circumstances have changed, that you'd like to remove your name for consideration.
Without going into specifics, you can give yourself an out.

Consider exactly what is causing the anxiety before you throw in the towel. Sounds like you need a change of atmosphere if that means a new store or position.

It's also important to remember why you left and reapplied in the first place. Convenience that you'd know you'd get the job back ? Use that as your motivator to get you through a paycheck or two . If you really need the extra cash , a week or 2 at Target isn't that long to muster if you've taken the time to re-apply. You always want to have options but find a way to make it easier for you while you find a better job. Don't feel like you have to stay at Spot forever.

If you're questioning your status of being non-rehirable then chances are part of you does want Spot to be an open option if you TRULY needed to find a place of work or income. I'd take the opportunity you have now and work with it while it's there. It's easier said than done but you can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back