Archived Does the TM Discount + Redcard apply to cards like Steam Cash or Riot Points etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTGOz

Suitable
I was working Cashier late last night until close. Had a kid buy a bunch of pop and snacks and got him to sign up for a redcard. he asked me if the discount applied to Riot Points cards from Electronics. I had no idea, he didn't bring any cards up and my GSTL was off telling other cashiers/team members where to zone in our C-block.

I highly doubt it applies, but I have no idea. Redcard does say "Save on everything, everyday" but it's questionable. I'm talking about the cards you have to scan to activate that can be unloaded online from Electronics.

Team discount & red card do not.
From spot red card page:
5% REDcard™ Discount program rules
(Scroll down for REDcard™ Extended Returns and Free Shipping at Target.com program rules)

When you use your Target Debit Card™, Target Credit Card™ or Target™ MasterCard® (each, a “REDcard™”) at Target stores or Target.com, you will receive 5% off your purchases. If you use a REDcard in the same purchase transaction with another form of payment, the 5% discount will apply only to the purchase amount tendered to your REDcard. 5% discount applies to eligible purchases minus any other discounts and the value of any promotional Target gift cards received in the transaction. Target reserves the right to discontinue or alter the terms of this program at any time.

5% discount does not apply to the following:

• Prescriptions, over-the-counter items located behind the pharmacy counter and clinic services at Target
  • Target Optical™ eye exams
  • Target gift cards and prepaid cards
  • Previous purchases
  • Certain restaurant merchants in Target stores, such as D’Amico & Sons Italian Kitchen, Freshii and Pret A Manger
  • Target credit account payments, Target Debit Card cash back and cash advances on the Target MasterCard
  • Gift wrap and shipping and handling charges on Target.com purchases
  • Wireless protection program purchases and deposits required by mobile carrier
  • Where otherwise prohibited by law
REDcard™ Extended Returns program rules
(Scroll down for Free Shipping at Target.com program rules.)
When you make purchases with your Target Debit Card™, Target Credit Card™ or Target™ MasterCard® (each, a “REDcard™”) at Target stores or Target.com, you will receive 30 additional days to return the purchases beyond the standard return policy applicable to each of the purchased items. Target reserves the right to discontinue or alter the terms of this program at any time.

REDcard extended returns do not apply to the following:

• Target Mobile purchases
  • Purchases with a fixed return date
  • Non-returnable items

It's honestly a hit or miss from what I have seen. Discount does not apply, however I have seen some DPCIs work with the Red Card. Generally speaking however the answer is a simple no.

Not to contradict here but I'm fairly sure that the redcard DOES take 5% off of prepaids, because we have guests who will buy, like, $400 in disneyland giftcards and save with the RC. I've also gotten a bump buying cards for the Nintendo eShop. Team member discount definitely doesn't apply, though.

What @KingBear said. It won't work for the Visa prepaid cards though, just the ones that give you credit for another institution. It's still nice to get 5% off eBay, Steam, iTunes and Nintendo (etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back