Archived Does you BRTM's have to follow dress code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The people in out backroom wear all kinds of shirts in the BR, a lot of times when pushing the autofills, they wear black hoodies so they look like vendors. Management hasn't said anything but I here other SFTMs getting made because they would get written up for it. I'm a BR and I wear a black or grey shirt all the time and our TL doesn't seem to care. What about your store?

They always wear red & khaki so they can help guests when they come out on the floor. The only time I see them wearing anything else is when they have been in the freezer & still have their cooler coats on.

The only time I have seen TMs wear just a red shirt & jeans was when our store had overnight flow. Now it is 6am flow & every TM must wear red & khaki. If your shirt isn't brand, they'll have you wear a lovely red vest for your shift.

Our BR is usually dressed in red and khaki.

I have seen various team members wear non-red hoodies on the floor. Not sure how they get away with it.

I am a part of the backroom team.We wear red and khaki like everyone else. I do keep my own personal coat in the backroom so I can use it when in the freezer and cooler.I prefer not to use the coats Spot provides for us...as I think they have been washed twice in the last 8 years. :(

Our back room team members arrive to work in appropriate red and khaki, but with the back room always being cold and the frequency of going into the coolers and freezers, some members may wear the supplied coats for some time while in the back. It would be unreasonable to expect anyone to walk into the fridges or freezers in a regular t-shirt.

The only time I've ever seen one of our backroom TMs in anything other than red and khaki is when management gave him permission to wear street clothes for pulling the massive amount of flexible fulfilment orders we had on black friday.

The only time I've ever seen one of our backroom TMs in anything other than red and khaki is when management gave him permission to wear street clothes for pulling the massive amount of flexible fulfilment orders we had on black friday.

Same here.

This. All the backroom TMs were given gray polos so they could work FF orders but we could still recognize them as TMs. Otherwise, dayside always wears red and khaki. Overnight wears whatever the hell they want.

We had a BR TM that kept wearing a dark blue sweater that had two or three small red stripes on one sleeve. The first time the ETL-SF/GE saw him she went and requisitioned him a red shirt...she wasn't too happy.

I always wear red and khaki. The only exception is on sweep days, I wear a non-brand coat because I have to go outside to get the bales.. As you know, it's been a bit cold lately :p

Our back room team members wear non-red zip-up hoodies over their red and khaki especially during the colder months. No seems to mind, even when they go on the floor for flexible fulfillments.

Last edited:
our brtm also seem to all wear hats. i like how our store it relaxed with the br dress code

I make sure my team is wearing red and khaki, if I have multiple coverage, or if I know their financial situation, I will allow some to wear red shirts with logos on them as long as they wear a target jacket when they leave the backroom to go on break or grab flex fulfillment. I know red shirts aren't expensive, but for some they have to choose between adding new plain red shirts to their wardrobe or food. If for some random reason they show up with a non-red shirt I get a target branded shirt from the supply closet for them.

I make sure my team is wearing red and khaki, if I have multiple coverage, or if I know their financial situation, I will allow some to wear red shirts with logos on them as long as they wear a target jacket when they leave the backroom to go on break or grab flex fulfillment. I know red shirts aren't expensive, but for some they have to choose between adding new plain red shirts to their wardrobe or food. If for some random reason they show up with a non-red shirt I get a target branded shirt from the supply closet for them.
Spot could use more leaders to be as understanding as you are

We always wear red and khakis, doesn't matter if we're overnight (Christmas season). They don't care what jackets we wear when going in the coolers/freezers. Few years ago I use a gray hoodie on the freezers and they don't say anything.

Our BRTMs are expected to wear red and khaki unless they are in the fridge or something.

Ours all wear the standard red and khaki except for one girl who always wears a black jacket and our flow TL who usually wears a black sweater. Since they always do that, I assume none of the ETLs have a problem with it.

if you have any chance to interact with guests you must wear red and khaki. (or a vest and solid color non jean pants) if you will never interact then you can wear things within reason.

My STL and ETL-HR used to get on me about keeping the overnight team brand. Never had an issue with red just not having khaki on. I handed out Target gear like it was candy so no one ever had an issue with not having a red shirt. Pretty sure I gave each TM at least 2 when I hired them and replacements for seasoned TMs. I also didn't care if they wore different hoodie colors while the store was closed - it got cold during the winter overnight.

I had TMs rip their khakis during unloads so I also requisitioned khaki pants for several TMs. $18-$30 for work pants can be a burden for some. Target wastes money on food and parties so I didn't feel bad branding the team.

I remember when our new ETL-GE got on my case for having a black polo on and khakis saying I wasn't in dress code, I loved the look on her face when I introduced myself as being one of her Starbucks TMs so I was in dress code. It was a priceless moment. Red and Khaki is her dress code, not mine.

My STL and ETL-HR used to get on me about keeping the overnight team brand. Never had an issue with red just not having khaki on. I handed out Target gear like it was candy so no one ever had an issue with not having a red shirt. Pretty sure I gave each TM at least 2 when I hired them and replacements for seasoned TMs. I also didn't care if they wore different hoodie colors while the store was closed - it got cold during the winter overnight.

I had TMs rip their khakis during unloads so I also requisitioned khaki pants for several TMs. $18-$30 for work pants can be a burden for some. Target wastes money on food and parties so I didn't feel bad branding the team.

That is way cool.

I got brand new khaki cargo pants. I wear them and my permanently stained and ripped red t shirt. I wear my name tag and a PDA holster. In my opinion all backroom team members should have to wear a PDA holster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back