Archived Does your store come clean after every truck?

How often do you come clean?

• Always 100% same day

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Everything but the coolers

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • 100% by the next day

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Small amount of backstock in the stockrooms

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • 50%

Votes: 13 18.3%
  • Never

Votes: 38 53.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the options aren't going to be perfect but just trying to get an idea.

At my store we don't even get close. We only get 3 trucks a week and 3 pfresh. Push doesn't even get fully done despite having two days before the next truck and forget about backstock. Coolers are a complete disaster and I would never buy a pfresh item from my store.

Nope. I don't believe it's come clean since I've been there.

4 GM/3 pfresh trucks a week. BR comes clean on backstock almost every night... With the help of leadership. During big sets, we may leave a couple vehicles of backstock. In sure this will all change with the new lack of BR hours.

My store goes over hours on flow a lot, which is why we're able to come clean... Aka a lot of the rest of the store gets shafted.

Only when it's inventory or the big momma cunt boss visits.

Seriously dude, we've let you slide on using cunt because it really isn't worth pointing out how misogynist it makes you look but damn!
If you were using in reference to men as well, I would figure you were putting on a British affectation but this is getting kind of creepy.
Really there are thousands of more interesting words you could use, I promise.

She is one. If she doesn't want me to call her one, then she shouldn't be one. I make no apologies.
Trust me, if you met her and knew what I know about her, you would call her a cunt too. She's a career boss. She cares more about the freezer coats not being on the coat racks than the fact the line is full of pulls. Wouldn't a line of pulls affect profits and sales? What the fuck does a coat rack have to do with anything? Does a coat rack by the freezer in the backroom affect sales and profits? Hail naw.
She couldn't spell the word priorities to save her life.

She is one. If she doesn't want me to call her one, then she shouldn't be one. I make no apologies.
Trust me, if you met her and knew what I know about her, you would call her a cunt too. She's a career boss. She cares more about the freezer coats not being on the coat racks than the fact the line is full of pulls. Wouldn't a line of pulls affect profits and sales? What the fuck does a coat rack have to do with anything? Does a coat rack by the freezer in the backroom affect sales and profits? Hail naw.

And right there you did a better job of describing the kind of person that she is than that stupid word.
People understand what you are trying to say and the point you are trying to make with that paragraph.
You have shown just how useless she and given yourself the high ground.

When you turn it into a useless four letter word that could be uttered by a two year old than you lose any validity.
I know you can do better than that.

My store comes clean every day, but flow team in three days gets more payroll hours than the entire front end combined for the entire week.

We're taking 5 DCs a week along with 3 Pfresh. E/M backroom doesn't touch the coolers except to pull. My boss just pulled back an entire world for tomorrow since we're understaffed and can't give out any extra hours until March. We aren't getting shit clean anymore and it sucks. We used to when we had the man-hours but dayside backroom pulls everything in the store before they even have a chance of helping us with clearing vehicles. One endless fail cycle.

Flow comes clean pretty much everyday unless something horrible happens then by pulling other departments to help, usually backroom...who gets shafted and tries to catch up during the 1 non truck day. Pfresh is a constant failure to come clean, although their backstock and pulls have gotten better after we just dedicated a person over there. We don't go over hours and make payroll but doesn't make it a smooth process by any means. Only time we look flawless is when we throw hours at everyone before a big visit. Sometimes flow/pfresh/plano will leave a ton of trash/cardboard because getting the floor right is preferred over making receiving worth a damn then one ETL spends 1-2 hours throwing it all away.

Last edited:
We go through phases. We were doing good for a while, but then started getting massive amounts of transition, and that threw everything off. Then we lost a few Flow TMs and a BR TM or two and we're barely keeping our head above water now. We're running out of places to put stuff, so that wastes so much time when you have to try to find a place to put something before you can backstock it.

The cooler and freezer have a tendency to get to a deadly point, then become a priority and they're clean for a few days before building up again.

We can come clean if the truck is under 2000, the backstock is not too bad, and everybody there is a good worker.

It's seriously a 50/50 with us. Like today...

Truck was fine, CAFs were done before unload finished, backroom was almost backstocked fully before pallets. Get them done, start getting floor backstock... and most of the truck push ended up backstock. Welp.... that killed it. Was a mess and even with 4 people there was no way to get it done by 11am.

Other days? Done before CAFs start. Fully. vOv

Same people, same positive attitude, same hours. Ah well.... >.>

What I want to know is how many hours do you guys have on truck days.

If they want us to come clean, you need 60hrs to come clean every truck, every single batch pulled at the end of the day, PIPO pallets pushed and backstocked (this includes being on the backstock side on unload), every CAFs pushed, and update aisles. That's 7-8 TMs every truck day

We barely get 36 hours per day and still expect us to do all of that?

This thread makes me laugh. Neither of my stores have ever come clean and I don't think they care. The freezer is the biggest disaster and it's been like that since I started working here.

We were like 3 trucks behind but after a smallish 2000 piece truck we are on the verge of coming clean tomorrow.

4 GM/3 pfresh trucks a week. BR comes clean on backstock almost every night...

Same here, every truck GM/FDC, and they come clean the same days. 100% complete.

With the help of leadership.

This better not happen, as if the BRTL and possibly the ETL-LOG, and others get involved the wrath of the BRTL alone will leave enough carnage...

BRTM actively prowl for BS on the floor to ensure that it is being worked on, no matter how little.. by the time my team finishes they should have very little to complete. I have my TM(s) take it back as often as they can as well as BR prowls to have a good flow of BS to the BR.

My store goes over hours on flow a lot, which is why we're able to come clean..

I don't like going over, it occurs, and ultimately you "face the music" with the STL here. SOOOO... YOU better have a good reason as to why your over.. ie: the GM truck didn't show up for 3 hours, issues with unload pallets spilled all over the place because of DC loading, mostly, shifting in transit.... etc... There are a lot of things that can become an HOUR SUCK on flow....

Absolutely NO BODY for NO REASON is staying right now past their time. To the point if the trucks were to fubar like they did recently. It would sit till the next truck day and we would work a double.

Things are like that Perfection game right now... the timer is running and the freight is going to jump out of the trucks off the floor and/or vehicles if the timer runs out...

. Aka a lot of the rest of the store gets shafted.

My store comes clean every day, but flow team in three days gets more payroll hours than the entire front end combined for the entire week.

This is not an excuse, but if there is NO LOGISTICS, ie: Flow... then the store has no stock and there is no reason for the SF! :mad:

So before you bash flow, just remember to look in the mirror, and remind your self that your WC is not as perfect as you think either. Mine isn't, and I am not. There are many things that other WC do to irritate the crap out of me. And ultimately every TL in my store has to answer to the STL why they went over. There is an actual meeting every 2 weeks.... but if your sucking hours like where the truck is 4 hours late then there will be a meeting earlier to determine how those hours are coming off! THAT WEEK! We are to the point that we may not accept a normally scheduled truck due to the cuts.

And rather than sending cashiers home at store close, they can stay and zone too. Yes hours cuts hurts this idea, so then they need to have their hours arranged to meet store needs (that comes right out of something else). Use the hours you got allocated to have them stay at least 15 minutes to help zone, complete reshop - NO! Do not pile up buggies of it and think that you are passing it on to Flow in the AM.... BZZT! Same goes for SF ignoring it most nights too. We have areas which just outright ignore reshop all night. They will be still be there when or if you get a SF. It is not the REFlow Team.

Oh and lets start at GS... how about learning that just because it is food you don't dump it in GRocery reshop! Kind bars have specific areas, Pharm and GRC.. You need to learn which go where or scan it! Same with all the CL candy you dump in GRC. It will be coming right back to you to resort! My Market TM/PA(s) are not dragging stuff elsewhere. And GRC is not the cart to dump in all the left over 7x11 holders, pegs, peg hooks, and the misc trash.

So much gets dumped on flow and blamed on flow.

Which is why I don't allow the bash flow culture to continue. I've got gripes with plenty of WC's, and plenty of issues with my own team..... bash my team, gjrd your loins!

Pfresh is a constant failure to come clean although their backstock and pulls have gotten better after we just dedicated a person over there.

PFresh needs to have its act together with each part of the TEAM Doing THEIR PART. When TM are being tasked to do other things outside their roles, ie: PA BS coolers/freezers, PA pushing FDC, FDC team pushing pulls and/or culling.

Ie: PA/Market TM on truck days needs to get in cull, Cull, and CULL, then get Fresh & Full done, and all pulls from the back completed.

Your FDC team needs to unload, sort, and push. PUSH! You need a LEADER in that spot to PUSH FDC to the LIMITS! No slackers allowed.

BR TM(s) need to be assigned to handle FDC BS as it accumulates... basically after we start to get produce BS, the FDC BR jumps into begin BS'ng...they will be getting meat and dairy BS shortly. Letting it accumulate is a death sentence! In order to keep to the BP time lines we divide meat and dairy to ensure its sorted, pushed and BS in 25 minutes. Thats why its sorted in cooler v. out.

start getting floor backstock... and most of the truck push ended up backstock. Welp.... that killed it.

Are you scanning the truck? Or are you one of the stores boned into that idiotic push all stupidity, which should be only ULV, and based on what your saying you shouldn't be in that category...

And you still ended up with a ton of BS that went to the floor and came back or you scanned it and had pallets from the truck to go direct to BS?

What I want to know is how many hours do you guys have on truck days.

If they want us to come clean, you need 60hrs to come clean every truck, every single batch pulled at the end of the day, PIPO pallets pushed and backstocked (this includes being on the backstock side on unload), every CAFs pushed, and update aisles. That's 7-8 TMs every truck day

We barely get 36 hours per day and still expect us to do all of that?

Ummm... are you talking Flow and BR.. or just flow.. 2200-2400 and you only get 7 FLOW TM? Ummm????

Just for flow is ~ 120 hours/day, a little less on non FDC day (4GM/3 FDC.) All come the same day, except one GM, and we get 3 including Mcclane on another day. That includes FDC Push, Bulk side to push PIPO etc... does not include BR to handle BS from the floor or FDC BS. I have 4x your 7 TM(s) for Flow, B Volume (nearly A) w/PFresh. Again this is just Flow... I don't deal with the BR TM(s).

With only 7 Flow TM @ 2200-2400 you are being set up to FAIL to start.[/QUOTE]

that's the job of a visit. if people don't have time to hang up coats properly because every second counts, there's something bigger going on. that in the moment, of course you prioritize pulls instead of hanging up coats. improve the process/routines so it doesn't need to be where there's a line of pulls and everything is a mess in the backroom.

My store almost always came clean in the past. But lately overnight has had their hours cut, so there's all kinds of crap all over the place every morning now.

I can hardly wait until we switch to 4AM.

Ha! Voted Never. We come close, but rarely does Flow and BR come clean.

I am gonna go ahead and say that the next time we come clean will be the night of inventory, and then that same night in 2017.

I think we came clean once for a few hours last year for inventory, and I heard crazy rumors that years ago we used to come clean every day and do something called "12 steps." But that was back when we could hire people easily, were a 4am start, and had 3GM/3FDC trucks per week

Now we are 6am with 5GM/3FDC trucks and it's next to impossible to hire and retain TMs, so we never come clean. We go through periods where we are under intense scrutiny from district and higher, and we will start getting trucks done (except for softlines). But those periods are usually followed by leadership upheaval (we go through Flow TLs like water).

Backroom doesn't really come clean but there are obviously varying degrees to that. Right now it is much better than it was a few months ago when the backroom's main goal every day was to clear enough tubs for the pulls.

Always 100% same day 3 vote(s) 5.7%
Everything but the coolers 3 vote(s) 5.7%
100% by the next day 4 vote(s) 7.5%
Small amount of backstock in the stockrooms 5 vote(s) 9.4%
50% 11 vote(s) 20.8%
Never 27 vote(s) 50.9%

:eek: :eek: :eek: I am just in absolute shock at these votes... :eek: :eek: :eek:

You simply would not want to be at my store if Flow and BR were not done 100% every truck..... I am talking literal blood would flow! ;)

Even with the cuts, the pressure just got turned up... BRTM are practically ripping anything that is BS from the hands of my team... and with other things... this is going to be interesting....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back