Archived Dumb questions from Guests......really..... you have to ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd return all my groceries. " I didn't expect them to be consumed so quick; so here's the empty packages, I want my money back."

I've basically had this happen. Also a guy who returned the empty bags his fishsticks came in because they gave him a stomache

Sad part is my (former) GSTL did the refund. We never stopped giving her shit for it

Luckily my GSTL's not that bad.

We had a guest ask once, "If I drink these and don't like them, can I return them?"

The GSTL sarcastically responded, "Yes, we'll give you 10 cents per bottle if you should decide to do that.".

The guest didn't seem to catch on that the GSTL was really saying they'd just get back the bottle deposit.

Had a new one last night.

I'm salesfloor, and my primary workcenter is hardlines. So I'm up at guest service getting reshop, and a guest standing in line demands that I open a register

"Excuse me, can you open for returns?"
'Sorry ma'am, I'm not trained on guest service to do returns, but someone will be with you in just a minute'
"Yes, you can [incredulous look]"
'.....'
At this point the GSA acting as GSTL (we're currently short-staffed) comes over to save me... "he hasn't been trained to do that, but I can help you over here"
and then I got to watch the whole exchange because I was still collecting reshop. She wanted to do a no receipt return, didn't have the card she purchased the items with (so couldn't do receipt lookup), and refused to have her driver's license scanned to do a no receipt return at all (I suspect the possibility that she may not have had one). She left in a huff o_O

I think part of the problem is that Spot has created an environment where the guest feels like they should be able to do whatever they want, and we're not allowed to tell them no.

"Are you open?"

"...to what? The idea of a threesome? No thanks, I'm married and we don't swing that way."

(Generally when I'm GSA and at the register we use as our "office" all the way in the corner with the light off and stuff piled on the conveyer belt.)
It really does amaze me how clueless people are... when a light is on yea there is no debate if you are open... but stuff piled on the register and the light off... sheesh... people are just clueless! today I was all set to go on my break and an older lay came up and after I clearly said "sorry I am closed" she STILL put her stuff up.... :/

Had a new one last night.

I'm salesfloor, and my primary workcenter is hardlines. So I'm up at guest service getting reshop, and a guest standing in line demands that I open a register

"Excuse me, can you open for returns?"
'Sorry ma'am, I'm not trained on guest service to do returns, but someone will be with you in just a minute'
"Yes, you can [incredulous look]"
'.....'
At this point the GSA acting as GSTL (we're currently short-staffed) comes over to save me... "he hasn't been trained to do that, but I can help you over here"
and then I got to watch the whole exchange because I was still collecting reshop. She wanted to do a no receipt return, didn't have the card she purchased the items with (so couldn't do receipt lookup), and refused to have her driver's license scanned to do a no receipt return at all (I suspect the possibility that she may not have had one). She left in a huff o_O

I think part of the problem is that Spot has created an environment where the guest feels like they should be able to do whatever they want, and we're not allowed to tell them no.
Yea, I think it is mainly the whole "be Bold" thing. I do NOT object to making guests happy and short form letting a guest take stuff for free I will try to make them all happy, but I wont be a doormat either

I hate when guests ask me when an item will go on sale. I should just tell them "it's being sold, therefore it's on sale."

I hate when guests ask me when an item will go on sale. I should just tell them "it's being sold, therefore it's on sale."

Actually, the proper wording in this situation is "for sale." "On sale" means the item is being sold at a discount.

That said, whenever a guest asks me that question, I give them an honest answer: I'm not privy to that information.

I'd return all my groceries. " I didn't expect them to be consumed so quick; so here's the empty packages, I want my money back."

I've basically had this happen. Also a guy who returned the empty bags his fishsticks came in because they gave him a stomache

Sad part is my (former) GSTL did the refund. We never stopped giving her shit for it
If ANYONE at an ENTIRE bag of fish sticks, I think they'd get a stomachache!!! I DID get a refund once for food that gave me food poisoning. I originally just wanted to notify the store that there might be a problem with the deli salad, but they ended up giving me a full refund. That's a bit different than just a "stomachache," though....

I must preface this story by saying that I am under a good bit of pressure (non work related) and have been battling my insomnia for the last week or so, and I was on register for 11 hours on Saturday. had a guest come through my line with a massive cart of groceries and a stack of coupons, fifteen minutes later im waiting for her to pay and am just wanting to get her outta my line, well she is rummaging through her purse looking for her redcard and looks my dead in the eye and asks with the straightest face ive ever seen, "whats the redcard look like?" not thinking I said "its white with green dots." yeah she wasn't to happy. my defense to my GSA was sleep deprivation induced insanity

I've got to say that I have thought about this answer many times....and every time I think of it I laugh! What a great way to make me smile when I've just about had it with guests!

Guest looks at sign saying "Target mobile will return at 3:55" in no small letters

Guest then asks "is target mobile here?
Me: they're on a lunch
Guest: when are they coming back?

*after I ring up guests items*

Guest: "Is it finally save to use my credit/Debit card?"

Me: "Yes Sir/Ma'am, it is"

Guest: "No, I don't think so. I'll use cash, instead".

Me (internal voice): "Really? It's been well over a year since accounts were hacked into. A YEAR. Those whose accounts were hacked into were just very unlucky. I used my card at least a dozen times during that time and I didn't get a single cent taken from me. Virtually everyone who did get anything stolen from them was reimbursed in one way or another. Unless there's another hacker out there specifically going after Target, It's f**king safe to use your card."

Me (internal voice): "Really? It's been well over a year since accounts were hacked into. A YEAR. Those whose accounts were hacked into were just very unlucky. I used my card at least a dozen times during that time and I didn't get a single cent taken from me. Virtually everyone who did get anything stolen from them was reimbursed in one way or another. Unless there's another hacker out there specifically going after Target, It's f**king safe to use your card."
no one had any money taken from the hack. the only thing that was stolen was their bank information. any money that was taken was unrelated to the breach.

The one that always gets me is when guests come in and ask for Cards Against Humanity. I always enjoy watching guests just get this really upsetting look on their face when I have to tell them that this isn't the kind of store you go to, to find games that include a card labeled "Harry Potter Erotica"

The one that always gets me is when guests come in and ask for Cards Against Humanity. I always enjoy watching guests just get this really upsetting look on their face when I have to tell them that this isn't the kind of store you go to, to find games that include a card labeled "Harry Potter Erotica"

515e070d9c9ff2c856230aa377707f1e_large.jpg

8267414446_cf970387ec_z.jpg

I try and sympathize because I had my CC stolen once (not from Target, a small but well known yarn shop) but at the same time put on your big kid pants, accept that it is a very small risk and that if your bank/CC company is worth it's salt it will have fraud protection, and grow up and look at your statement more than once a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back