Archived Employee discount and red card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question--I have the Target Wallet and everything but if my kids get GCs for Christmas, how can I use the Wallet for the discount and not pay with my RC? Is the best way to just not sign in for payment with my passcode so there's "no payment" available for that transaction?

Question--I have the Target Wallet and everything but if my kids get GCs for Christmas, how can I use the Wallet for the discount and not pay with my RC? Is the best way to just not sign in for payment with my passcode so there's "no payment" available for that transaction?
Yes. Just switch to cash or physical card, then refresh your barcode if it doesn’t automatically. I do hope GCs come soon to wallet.

Log in. Tap the Redcard image. Change it to "cash or physical card". Just remember, you can't use your TM discount with another bank card.

Can a spouse use their discount online? do they enter my number or is there a different number on the card?

The only thing i don't like is that for us to be able to used are discounted cards we have to used target credit card or debit card i feel like there pushing it when they shouldn't. Every other place i work accpets about all types of payment with discount i don't understand why as empoylees we have to jump through ropes to used debit card where won't process till two three days later.

No, you don't *have* to pay with a RedCard. You can also pay with cash or gift cards. You just can't pay with a bank-issued debit or credit card. And don't go buying gift cards with your bank card to use with your discount, it is against policy and AP does watch out for that. I've had a couple people at my store termed for that one.

No, you don't *have* to pay with a RedCard. You can also pay with cash or gift cards. You just can't pay with a bank-issued debit or credit card. And don't go buying gift cards with your bank card to use with your discount, it is against policy and AP does watch out for that. I've had a couple people at my store termed for that one.
You can also get RC credit and pay it off with debit or cash. 15% off*!!

*technically 14.5 if you do the math

I don't get it why can't we used are debit cards with are discount? It makes no sense to me. ever other company round the world that work have allowed debit cards to be used with your discount even walmart does it. the diffrence is with wally world you have to wait three months. I want to know a reason why. cause i don't carry cash with me all the time. nor will i run to bank just to get 10% discount now its forcing you to sign up for the cards thats the whole point. If target is going to be decent to work for they need to lift this nonsense up.

I don't get it why can't we used are debit cards with are discount? It makes no sense to me. ever other company round the world that work have allowed debit cards to be used with your discount even walmart does it. the diffrence is with wally world you have to wait three months. I want to know a reason why. cause i don't carry cash with me all the time. nor will i run to bank just to get 10% discount now its forcing you to sign up for the cards thats the whole point. If target is going to be decent to work for they need to lift this nonsense up.
Just get the redcard debjt and save an extra 5% or dont use your discount. Simple as that. Those are the rules, they’re not gonna change anytime soon.

Just get the redcard debjt and save an extra 5% or dont use your discount. Simple as that. Those are the rules, they’re not gonna change anytime soon.
so you mean screw people? lovely. while everyone else does the oppiste you need not be rude cut the crap. i had simple question i want the damn answer you don't don't need to answer i want to know why target does it. cause at this point there no vaild reason.

I don't get it why can't we used are debit cards with are discount?
In exchange for accepting credit/bank cards from various banking institutions, businesses (like Target) have to pay fees so it's in their own interest to push use of the Red cards.
Also Target, like any other business, can dictate the terms of their employees' discount.

Last edited:
so you mean screw people? lovely. while everyone else does the oppiste you need not be rude cut the crap. i had simple question i want the damn answer you don't don't need to answer i want to know why target does it. cause at this point there no vaild reason.
None of us know exactly why. We’re off the clock hourly TMs. As other people said, target doesn’t have to pay a bank card fee, and they have the right to do so.

No one from Target has confided in me, but it costs money to take bank cards. Target has decided not to offer a discount to team members if they use a bank card.
More sounds as there being greedy I never said They had to I simple said slap in face for employees. I never delt with this before so it's new to me. Still cannot accept that crap.

At orientation, you were given discount paperwork to read. You are aware of spot policy. You could of asked those questions to hr.

Hubby works for another competitor (not the big blue place), and he also does not get a discount on grocery or HBA. And yeah, that's pretty much all we ever buy there.

When I worked at Office Max we got a 10% discount to use once a year.

It could be worse. Those are the terms of our discount. You can accept them, or find employment elsewhere, if you "cannot accept that crap".

When I worked at Office Max we got a 10% discount to use once a year.

It could be worse. Those are the terms of our discount. You can accept them, or find employment elsewhere, if you "cannot accept that crap".
U people need to stop being rude and nasty I'm working my opinion on it. Meet said u had to agree STOP BEING RUDE!!!!!!!!

Then dont use your discount and stop crying about it
Stop being jerks period cut the crap why I grow up I getting piss it's some question geese crist. Not how u treat people check ur attuide at door I'm not toralting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back