Archived Employee discount and red card

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullwinkle72

Ermahgerd Terghet
So I got a Target red card debit to my checking account but how do I use that with my employee discount? Do I tell cashier my employee # each time to get 10% off? They said I could only get discount with cash or red card and I asuumed this red card debit was ok.

You can either tell the cashier or number or just show them the discount card you should have gotten/be getting depending on how new you are for them to scan like a coupon to take the 10% off. It will only work with a red card, cash, or gift card so you’re good, getting the red card to use in conjunction with your discount is the best in my opinion

also pls remember that when using the debit redcard it will take about 2-3 days for the payment to come out of your checking account so be aware of that, i know many TMs who refuse to use their red card because no one told them that and they have put themselves in the negatives thinking they have more money than they actually do

AP doesn't like TM's giving out their number. Use the discount card.

And at the least slap a piece of clear (duh) tape over the bar code.

Use the target.com app & has everything all in one.

So true.

@bullwinkle72 , download the Target app and use the Wallet function in it. Once you add your payment method (Red Card - Debit Version), TM discount (your TM number), and any cartwheel discounts into the Wallet, you are set. Whenever you get rung up at the registers (or self-checkout), have the barcode scanned and everything will apply immediately. The barcode simplifies and speeds up the transaction so much. No need to individually scan the TM discount card, scan the cartwheel barcode, and stick the Red Card into the reader anymore.

Note: You will have to sign in every time you use the Wallet though but you get used to it.

Last edited:
FWIW you can use your discount if you have a Target Credit Union debit card too, in store at least.

Now that I have a debit red card, I only use that to get the extra 5 though.

FWIW you can use your discount if you have a Target Credit Union debit card too, in store at least.

Now that I have a debit red card, I only use that to get the extra 5 though.
If you have a Red Debit, you can use your employee discount.

Please carry your discount card with you. Aside from just being best practice, if you're ever scheduled for a shift when the store isn't open, you may be required to present it to actually get into the store.

These are the acceptable forms of payment that can be combined with your team member discount:

• Target REDcard (Credit, Debit, and Mastercard)
  • Target Credit Union Debit Card
  • Target GiftCards
  • OptumHealth Bank HSA Debit card
  • EBT/food stamp cards
  • Starbucks gift cards
  • Cash
You cannot buy a GiftCard with an unacceptable form of payment for the sole purpose of using your TM discount.

I'd recommend utilizing the new Wallet in the Target app to keep your TM discount and REDcard all in one place.

I’ve been there a week and still don’t have my TM discount number just my clock in TM number are these different from eachother. I don’t have a discount card eathier yet.

Same number. And it takes 2-3 weeks to get the official card with the barcode, as I recall.

Until you receive the official card, use the temporary card you should have received in orientation.

It's the same number. At my store, we have no problem entering your TM number if you forgot your discount card but it gets old after a couple of times. If you don't actually have your card yet, then that's understandable.

In order to get a device at my store you have to store your discount card in a pouch when you sign out.

I never do that

Please carry your discount card with you. Aside from just being best practice, if you're ever scheduled for a shift when the store isn't open, you may be required to present it to actually get into the store.

These are the acceptable forms of payment that can be combined with your team member discount:

• Target GiftCards
  • EBT/food stamp cards
  • Starbucks gift cards
  • Cash
You cannot buy a GiftCard with an unacceptable form of payment for the sole purpose of using your TM discount.

I'd recommend utilizing the new Wallet in the Target app to keep your TM discount and REDcard all in one place.
Technically the discount card is not to be used as a form of identification (it says on the back)

Where do I enter my Tm number(discount code) in the target wallet?

I entered mine at Target.com as a coupon code on a prior order, and the site remembered it and carried the code into Wallet for me.

Where do I enter my Tm number(discount code) in the target wallet?
On the Target app, go to your account on he bottom right, then go to profile and you should be able to add it from there. I'm not 100% sure because mine is listed there, but the field isn't editable.

In order to get a device at my store you have to store your discount card in a pouch when you sign out.

I never do that

I closed at SFS the other day and EVERYONE who helped dumped their zebras there. I returned 11 of them to the guest service cabinet. people give zero fucks. lol.

• Target GiftCards
  • EBT/food stamp cards
  • Starbucks gift cards
  • Cash

I have an OptumHealth Bank HSA Debit card through my spouse's employer, is there any restriction on using one not through Target provided insurance?

I'd keep the card with you, at my store I've forgotten it at home in another wallet multiple times, asked if they could type it in and was refused and told it needs to be shown. Maybe that's just my store, not 100% sure (new here), but yeah I'd keep it on you. Also don't forget you can use cartwheel with it too! (idk if anyone mentioned that)

I have an OptumHealth Bank HSA Debit card through my spouse's employer, is there any restriction on using one not through Target provided insurance?
I don't think there's any way to tell the difference. Mine doesn't say anything about Target on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back