Archived Employee discount

• Thread starter Target020
  • Start date
  • Replies 74
  • Views 16K

Do you think I should have gotten a warning?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm a cashier and i have seen someone's parent use the tm discount and i haven't said anything because why should i have to? the tm who let their parent use theor discount should know the policy and not allow anyone to use it. i don't see why cashiers should get in trouble for someone misusing a tm discount. one time i was cashiering and i'm checking out a couple with a crap load of baby stuff and the gsa comes over and chats with them because they were friends, after i was done ringing up the items my gsa types in her tm number to give them her discount. i thought that was a really bad idea. but i didn't say anything, my gs knows what she was doing. anyways, it's been months and months since that and the other thing happened. both team members are still working at my store.

It can also take months & months to build a case depending on how often it happens.

Without getting into specifics......

You have to be pretty stupid to let someone use your discount card. Every transaction at Target is digitally recorded along with a electronic journal as the items are being scanned. This includes any coupons, voids, and discounts the cashier may apply. Transactions are by far the easiest thing that can be tracked. There's people at corporate that track trends in TM discounts. The store AP doesn't need to be there to know it happened.

Just don't do it.

I will tell you why parents can't use the discounts. It is because Parents are not eligible to get a discount card. If I were married my spouse can't even use my discount card. I ave to request one for them with their name on it. I could get fired for them using my discount card. The Policy is pretty clear. It states that in order to get a team member discount you must have a discount card and it must be in your name. In my store Cashiers are required to ID anyone using a discount card that they don't know.
Um no their name is not on it!!! Your name is on it with "dependent" written on it.

The Policy is Cut and pasted below directly from Ehr. It specifically states that Parents are not eligible:

You are eligible to receive the 10% Team Member Discount if you are a:

• • Current team member
    • A retiree who is at least 55 with:

• o 10 years of credited and continuous service (1000 hours of service per year), or
      o 5 years of credited and continuous service (1000 hours of service per year) if age 45 or older and an active team member on December 31, 2002
Also eligible to use the 10% Team Member Discount is your:

• • Spouse (the definition of spouse is according to U.S. federal law, which recognizes same-sex spouses who are legally married in any state or country)
    • Domestic partner**
    Eligible dependents*
Not eligible: Non-dependents, such as your parents, siblings, friends or other relatives not listed above.

I'm pretty sure a parent can use a teens discount until the teen moves out/turns 18.
No, they can't. Check the handbook. It ONLY applies to dependents (including spouses, who are required to have a seperate dependent discount card of their own) and SPECIFICALLY says parents are never included unless they are qualified to be listed as a dependent on your tax forms.

I'm pretty sure a parent can use a teens discount until the teen moves out/turns 18.
I'm 18 and started working at Target when I still lived at home. I never let my parents use my discount back then. Now, I have since moved out, and nothing has changed. I've always just used my discount myself. If I wanted to buy something for my parents (during the holidays I bought my mother a sweater from RTW when she was with me, but she wasn't the one paying), I pay for it. :)

Well that shows I don't have teens working at target. Lol. I rarely ring on a register so I completely forgot the rules.

What's wrong is that They don't work for Target! This drives me insane! We have our team call us if they see that the card is not from our store.

That seems overkill, I can see doing so if it's a particularly large purchase, but there's no way any of the local stores would ever ask me for my ID on a purchase under $200 or so.

About abusing our discount...

Is it bad if I use store pick up so I can use my discount rather than going to guest service to price match an item at Target.com?

In the store, a Lego set is $80 while online it's $64. I used store pick up to get the online price and be able to use my TM discount and redcard. I'm still not sure if we can use our discount if we price match it at Target site.

You can use discount and price match in-store, no need to order online to do so. It used to be a rule that you couldn't, it was changed last year when they added all the additional retailers that we pricematch to the list.

You can use discount and price match in-store, no need to order online to do so. It used to be a rule that you couldn't, it was changed last year when they added all the additional retailers that we pricematch to the list.
No...you could always price match to target.com...but that is the only online price match you can do with your discount. All other price matches can only be to paper ads.

I sometimes have one of my non-dependent children run errands for me. I give them my debit card and they use my discount card for my purchases. Is this ok? I never thought about it not being ok before since I am paying for the purchase.

No...you could always price match to target.com...but that is the only online price match you can do with your discount. All other price matches can only be to paper ads.
Not true.

148p3ky.jpg

but that is the only online price match you can do with your discount. All other price matches can only be to paper ads.

You can definitely use team member discount with all price matches now.

eL5Iv9M.png

You were right though in that I didn't specify that you could always pricematch target.com and use your discount, since that'd be the same as just using your discount when ordering online anyway.

So you've been with the Bullseye for over 10 years. Your discount is now for a lifetime, correct? Is it still good if you're termed or you quit?

Nope, you have to retire from Target and be over 55 (I think)
@Hardlinesmaster you got the skinny on this?
From targetpayandbenefits.com info page.
Retiree Discount and Retirement Gift

1. You may be eligible for the Target retiree discount privilege, as well as a retirement gift, if you meet all of the following criteria:❏❏ Are at least 55 years old when you leave the company.

❏❏ Have 10 years of credited and continuous service, starting after your latest hire date. A year of credited service is a calendar year in which you were paid for 1,000 or more hours. (If you were age 45 or older and an active team member on December 31, 2002, five years of credited and continuous service will qualify under the grandfathered rule. Note: If you left the company and were rehired January 1, 2003 or after, you need to meet the 10-year eligibility rules.)

If you are eligible for a retirement gift, you will receive information in the mail approximately two months after your retirement date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back