Archived Employee discount

• Thread starter Target020
  • Start date
  • Replies 74
  • Views 16K

Do you think I should have gotten a warning?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's funny , I had something like that a while ago while on a register , I had a new cashier call to me from three lanes away while a guest was checking out . she shouted that the guest was her cousin and could I key in her number so she could have the discount,she didn't last long,ap caught her sliding a few days later.

Last edited:
It always drove me nuts when parents would use their teenager's discount!

Why should parents not be able to use the discount? There is no reason for intimidate family or the people you live with not to use it.
Why are so many of you defending target? Target basically pays slave wages and treats employees like trash. I see nothing at all wrong with sharing the discount.

I get a feeling that a lot of the people here are spies from headquarters

I am actually a corporate executive.

aaf_shifty.gif

It's against the rules. The rule that is on the books is that your dependents or spouse can use it. And the dependent thing has an age cut-off. Parents aren't dependents. It's all written out in black and white language. We know they pay shit and the discount is bullshit as well. If you wanna risk your job so your friend can save $5, feel free.

The pay slave wages compared to who though? In my area the only other retail company paying more than target is Walmart, no one comes into retail trying to get rich, you're mostly trying to make ends meet if you're okay with being hired on as a TM and then if you really want to get paid more work your way up and show them you want to move up. That's what I've done and I'm doing.

You want to make more money doing something that is a risk to your job?
Organize.
Don't do anything as penny ante as letting people who shouldn't use your discount.
Go all in and get a union for your store.

Why should parents not be able to use the discount? There is no reason for intimidate family or the people you live with not to use it.
Why are so many of you defending target? Target basically pays slave wages and treats employees like trash. I see nothing at all wrong with sharing the discount.
I will tell you why parents can't use the discounts. It is because Parents are not eligible to get a discount card. If I were married my spouse can't even use my discount card. I ave to request one for them with their name on it. I could get fired for them using my discount card. The Policy is pretty clear. It states that in order to get a team member discount you must have a discount card and it must be in your name. In my store Cashiers are required to ID anyone using a discount card that they don't know.

About abusing our discount...

Is it bad if I use store pick up so I can use my discount rather than going to guest service to price match an item at Target.com?

In the store, a Lego set is $80 while online it's $64. I used store pick up to get the online price and be able to use my TM discount and redcard. I'm still not sure if we can use our discount if we price match it at Target site.

If the store I worked at enforced all the dumb rules regarding employee discounts that guys are talking about the whole store would be fired.

I see nothing at all wrong with giving the discount to anyone that asks for it.

About abusing our discount...

Is it bad if I use store pick up so I can use my discount rather than going to guest service to price match an item at Target.com?

In the store, a Lego set is $80 while online it's $64. I used store pick up to get the online price and be able to use my TM discount and redcard. I'm still not sure if we can use our discount if we price match it at Target site.
Nothing wrong with this at all as there is no policy stating your not allowed to do a store pickup and you can use your discount when price matching Target.com, as you would if you ordered from there.

If the store I worked at enforced all the dumb rules regarding employee discounts that guys are talking about the whole store would be fired.

Do you also let coupon fraudsters slip through? Do you also hand out $3 apology coupons like candy? Because I'm fairly certain that if you knowingly allow the misuse of a TM Discount and AP gets wind of it you will be just as much under fire as the person who lent their discount card.

So you see nothing wrong with stealing???? Cause thats what it is!

Sounds like your store needs all new leadership to clean it up and get rid of the trash. I wish you the best of luck if you ever get new AP leadership or an new leadership in your store, and our the first one that catch violating the policy, as the will more then likely have you fired and arrested to send a message to the rest of your store that the policy will be enforced.

Parents should not be able to use it because your not the head of their household and not supporting them as you might be a dependent and/or your spouse.

The TM discount is a privilege; it's a benefit and perk of working for Spot. Your parents, along with "whomever asks for [your discount]," do not work for Spot, and thus spot does not effectively factor in a discount as part of their compensation for working for Spot.

If you think taking cash from your register and dispersing it to whomever asks for it is theft, then you need to realize that extending a 10% discount to others that do not qualify for such a discount is theft as well. In both circumstances, you are shorting the company money it is rightfully owed. A perceived lack of fair wages from your end does not justify the theft you are committing.

In the end, those of us here who disagree with you are not simply "defending Spot." We are promoting moral decision-making and basic work ethic.

What's wrong is that They don't work for Target! This drives me insane! We have our team call us if they see that the card is not from our store. We then verify ID and if they don't match we ask why and notify the store where the TM hails from. We have a lot of abuse of the discount and I have termed several of my own TMs for this.
OK, that is a little extreme, dontcha think? I shop at other Target stores (legitimately) and no cashier has ever called over someone because my discount card "wasn't from their store"

My husband uses his dependent card pretty frequently too at a store near his work (not the store I work at) and hasn't had anyone bat an eye.

I think it's one thing if you see suspicious behavior. But I would be super annoyed if everytime I used my ™ discount card at another store I had to wait for an etc, gstl, or whatever to scrutinize my ID. I think that's getting a little carried away.

OK, that is a little extreme, dontcha think? I shop at other Target stores (legitimately) and no cashier has ever called over someone because my discount card "wasn't from their store"

My husband uses his dependent card pretty frequently too at a store near his work (not the store I work at) and hasn't had anyone bat an eye.

I think it's one thing if you see suspicious behavior. But I would be super annoyed if everytime I used my ™ discount card at another store I had to wait for an etc, gstl, or whatever to scrutinize my ID. I think that's getting a little carried away.
We have tons of TM fraud at my store for some reason!(We are a superT that is in the suburbs of a major city, so a lot of them come from downtown) I know it is a pain, but usually all of the cards that are not from our own team are being used fraudulently. We have three TPS's and that is all that one of them investigates.

Why shouldn't they? Because it ISN'T their discount! A child can use the parents discount up to a certain age and a spouse needs a dependent discount in their own name. Rules are rules like it or not!

Last edited:
That's funny , I had something like that a while ago while on a register , I had a new cashier call to me from three lanes away while a guest was checking out . she shouted that the guest was her cousin and could I key in her number so she could have the discount,she didn't last long,ap caught her sliding a few days later.
wow... what an idiot! I remember my last day at spot a girl came over and allowed her cousin and his friend to use her discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back