MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

With E2E I can see uboats, z-racks, flatbeds, 3- tier carts, shopping carts of go-backs, the wave and maybe a power jack on the floor through out the day; I guess we can officially retire the term "guest distraction".
I was dodging multiple carts and such on the way to TSC for lunch. Not a very nice look for the store. Not to mention the empty shopping carts throughout the store.

Well i just heard from a source that the STL told them all work centers are going to be moving to 8am because it is all about the guest ... so pog and pricing are moving on the week of june 12.... idk about other work centers
not at my store. Thats bad plano at 8 will be hard..

So the E2E for Market happened a week ago at my store and it's a disaster. From what I have been told, theyre having a hard time retaining people after being hired: they would get hired for the rollout, get trained for the work and then never show up again. Most of the people who are going into E2E in Market are on the Remodel team but the remodel won'tbe done until August.

Today, there's only TWO people opening in Market trying to get through JUST the push, forget about any backstocking. They left at 1pm and there is no one in Market till 5pm. This is an AAA+ volume store so everyday, the workload is unfinished.

Our store has discovered that they brought on too many people for Market. They are now moving people back to Flow. Honestly in our store, two people could do all the pulling and backstocking for the stuff that comes in on the truck and then maybe three people for the meat, freezer and produce stuff. It sucks that they had about 6 people a day getting 8 hour shifts in Market when most of the work could be done by that many people in less than 4.

How have you guys been dealing with guest complaints on this stuff? Today I had an interaction with a guest whom was complaining about TMs in market stocking during the day. Apparently there was a U-boats and flats blocking aisles. Their complaint was that it just looked terrible, and that TMs weren't as helpful.

The guest was pretty nice about it, but I didn't really know what to say. I don't even fully understand the E2E process. I was as transparent as I could be and explained corporate was changing how and when we unload our trucks and unfortunately we had little control over that. I told him I'd see to it that we at least have less vehicles on the floor, but I don't really know if that will happen.

How have you guys been dealing with guest complaints on this stuff? Today I had an interaction with a guest whom was complaining about TMs in market stocking during the day. Apparently there was a U-boats and flats blocking aisles. Their complaint was that it just looked terrible, and that TMs weren't as helpful.

The guest was pretty nice about it, but I didn't really know what to say. I don't even fully understand the E2E process. I was as transparent as I could be and explained corporate was changing how and when we unload our trucks and unfortunately we had little control over that. I told him I'd see to it that we at least have less vehicles on the floor, but I don't really know if that will happen.

We are getting lots of those complaints lots of them. Even more than the mess on the floor is that the employees appear to not give two fucks about helping the guests.. Market isn't going well..

We are getting lots of those complaints lots of them. Even more than the mess on the floor is that the employees appear to not give two fucks about helping the guests.. Market isn't going well..

Lol, I feel like eventually I'm going to come to a point where I just say, "Yeah I know, sucks right?" I'm assuming besides just not looking good, it's probably blocking off merchandise if not entire aisles. Does WalMart even pull this crap? I've seen it late at night, when they have pallets on the floor, but late at night isn't nearly as busy as daytime shopping hours.

I guess I could give guests the Guest Relations number and urge them to voice their concerns. Maybe it could lead to a change for the better. Eh?

Lol, I feel like eventually I'm going to come to a point where I just say, "Yeah I know, sucks right?" I'm assuming besides just not looking good, it's probably blocking off merchandise if not entire aisles. Does WalMart even pull this crap? I've seen it late at night, when they have pallets on the floor, but late at night isn't nearly as busy as daytime shopping hours.

I guess I could give guests the Guest Relations number and urge them to voice their concerns. Maybe it could lead to a change for the better. Eh?

I do tell them to complain to corporate, doing a complaint on the store level will get tossed in the trash and they will laugh. Why? Cause there is nothing that can be done on store level, just the way it is for us. Move up the food chain. And my local Wal-Mart I see them running what we would call CAF rounds. During more normal shopping hours, you know day time, evening.

I was told that there was not going to be a pog team or pricing team that they were going to be scheduled in other areas and in those areas you were responsible for basically doing everything zone, pulls, pricing, backstock, truck, pogs, our pog TL is assigned to be over D, E. .

As in all Uboats for Dry Market and Pfresh are done by the end of the day
So far, yes.

We don't use uboats for the FDC trucks though. They tried it once, got through the dairy pallets, and said fuck it this isn't going to help. And this was on a day when we had no GM truck and the line and receiving were clean.

Uboats for FDC work great for me. It depends on how you break down and sort things out in my opinion. With meat and produce, you often know what will go out, so backstock what is excessive as you go. With lunch meat, I like to organize it so I move the uboat as little as possible on the floor -- all lunchable type stuff together, bacon, sliced deli meat, hot dogs. Fresh meat works the same.

Dairy is a different beast. I do try to sort it out as I'm breaking down the pallets, but there's so much that it's difficult. I tend to repurpose unused uboats so I can categorize them -- this one for cheese, yogurt, juice, eggs, etc.

My biggest issue is I can't teach team members, or even team leaders to do the same. It's always a disaster. Either toss everything on uboats or (stupidly) backstock everything and then pull what's needed.

As a FA at a super, I don't venture much outside of perishables -- ain't got time for that. Other FA handles dry.

I was told that there was not going to be a pog team or pricing team that they were going to be scheduled in other areas and in those areas you were responsible for basically doing everything zone, pulls, pricing, backstock, truck, pogs, our pog TL is assigned to be over D, E. .

I was told the same for my store, but along with that everyone (at least in softlines) is going to have those responsibilities for whatever floor pad they are in charge of. So for myself I'm in change of baby and accessories and I'm expected to do everything for those to areas. My biggest question is am I expected to get all of that done for both areas in an 8 hr. Shift everyday? Cause if so that is asking a little much

My biggest issue is I can't teach team members, or even team leaders to do the same. It's always a disaster. Either toss everything on uboats or (stupidly) backstock everything and then pull what's needed.
its a fact that all boxes look alike and I swear TMs cannot read the FDC tags for aisle numbers , WTF.

oh, and next week E2E starts in softlines and electronics at my store, good luck and may the best team win !!

Anyone here whose store actually finish their Uboats on the same day of truck unload and C&S?

As in all Uboats for Dry Market and Pfresh are done by the end of the day

yeah actually at our store we always finish all of our uboats, C&S, pushing all of our autos and backstocking by like 12, which is when we're normally scheduled to clock out. some of us stay until 1:30 to pull all the 1s, but other than that we're always clean. there's days when there's like maybe three or four of us and it's a little rough, but for the most part we're always clean and done for hand off.

there's been some rough patches with this E2E format, but i feel like we're slowly but surely all figuring it out.

I was told the same for my store, but along with that everyone (at least in softlines) is going to have those responsibilities for whatever floor pad they are in charge of. So for myself I'm in change of baby and accessories and I'm expected to do everything for those to areas. My biggest question is am I expected to get all of that done for both areas in an 8 hr. Shift everyday? Cause if so that is asking a little much
I'm also going to be in softline but I've got girls and boys as well as setting adjacencies and no one else's bothers with doing the auto pulls so when I come in I have to do that also then back stock .

Are any other stores doing the "metered" unload? We went from 10 TM's on the unload to 5. I thrower and 4 with 2 bays each.
I'm on the unload sometimes. It is SO much fun..... Takes forever!!

Back