MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

My store is also in the middle of e2e. I work electronics/entertainment flow alone, though recently they have started scheduling the electronics floor member to help me.
My ETL Log said something interesting he plans to do. Right now, we have 1-2 people in the truck with about 7-8 people on the line. With that, we get trucks unloaded in about 1 hour costing between 8-10 hours of payroll. Well, the ETL Log's plan is to have, I believe, 1 in the truck and 3 on the line. He believes he will save payroll by having a truck unloaded in 4 hours with stocking of the truck done throughout the day. Do the math, this does not add up. :)

Having said that, this e2e thing will have my focus be entertainment. I will be zoning children's books (think baby books, young readers and the thin splat books) at least 1-2 times a week.

Edit: That reminded me @Hardlinesmaster I believe my ETL Log stated that trailers becoming 53 foot long repacks will happen sometime next year. Lord help us all!

The E2E started in our store a month ago, no more over night, truck at 4 am. when the DTL came to announce the news of E2E, our LogEtl was saying oh he is so excited about all of this, he was kissing major ass. A month into it, the back room is a mess, they never finish truck push, the flow team is very disgruntled. The excited LogEtl now has a permanent deer in the headlights look!

Our DTL is a female if she goes into the restroom and it looks bad there's HELL to pay! The rest of the store can look like crap ( no pun intended) but not the restroom!!

Something like 50%+ of all of Target's main demographic (cough women) will use the restroom on their trip to Target. It seems silly, but it's a big deal. When you go to a restaurant, and their bathroom is trashed, how does that affect your visit and your willingness to come back there again?

Try shutting down the restroom for repairs during business hours. There will be hell to pay. I had to close the bathroom because someone clogged a toilet and about 4 other people had taken a dump in said toilet. While I am in there, with the bathroom door blocked and a sign that says restroom closed, a guest comes in by moving the barricade and says "Can I use this bathroom?!?!?!" I told her no, and she was pissed. The floor is flooded and I have been trying to auger these turds out of a toilet for over 30 minutes and I am not in the mood to deal with some uppity guest. Turns out someone flushed a plastic tampon applicator down the toilet which I pullet out with an auger.

Another time I had the sinks shut off because the lines are clogged with what can only be described as human filth. A woman comes in with her daughter after pushing past the sign and cart I had blocking the door. She tells me "Can't I just come in? I only need to wash our hands!!!!!" I said no, the water to the sink is turned off THAT'S WHY THE BATHROOM IS CLOSED!

Someone managed to break a door off it's hinges to a stall this week (What are you doing in there???) and I said you know what? This can wait till the morning where I can work in peace.

So yeah, the bathrooms are a big deal.

My store is ultra low volume. We've been doing a 6am unload and have pallets, trash cages, etc etc etc on the floor until at least noon every truck day.
Thats how we were until E2e. Your E2e should flow like mine. You will get a TL for grocery, and about 5 people will be chosen to do groc. The rest will be rolled else where.

Uboats for FDC work great for me. It depends on how you break down and sort things out in my opinion. With meat and produce, you often know what will go out, so backstock what is excessive as you go. With lunch meat, I like to organize it so I move the uboat as little as possible on the floor -- all lunchable type stuff together, bacon, sliced deli meat, hot dogs. Fresh meat works the same.

Dairy is a different beast. I do try to sort it out as I'm breaking down the pallets, but there's so much that it's difficult. I tend to repurpose unused uboats so I can categorize them -- this one for cheese, yogurt, juice, eggs, etc.

My biggest issue is I can't teach team members, or even team leaders to do the same. It's always a disaster. Either toss everything on uboats or (stupidly) backstock everything and then pull what's needed.

As a FA at a super, I don't venture much outside of perishables -- ain't got time for that. Other FA handles dry.
You need a riding the heard ETL who has worked in a grocery store. Then they will learn.

Back