MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

With the new ETE is everyone's truck team finishing the truck or is it rolling into the next day?
So far the backstock is rolling over and trucks are being finished by the Flow TL and other random people.

We are not full E2E yet (only Grocery, Softlines, Electronics, and Cosmetics), but backroom and truck hours have been completely decimated.

I still see this going in the direction of a 24/7 open Target smaller and well organized trucks = less TMs to pay overnight wages, (DRASTICALLY LESS). This would mean that all the clutter from the early hours would be gone (by the time it got busy), while using 1/4th the payroll of our OLD Logistics process, as well as being a 24/7 reliable shopping destination. Not to mention with having self checkout all you really need is a Cashier, or even just an overnight GSA who can help with self checkout and run a register.

I still see this going in the direction of a 24/7 open Target smaller and well organized trucks = less TMs to pay overnight wages, (DRASTICALLY LESS). This would mean that all the clutter from the early hours would be gone (by the time it got busy), while using 1/4th the payroll of our OLD Logistics process, as well as being a 24/7 reliable shopping destination. Not to mention with having self checkout all you really need is a Cashier, or even just an overnight GSA who can help with self checkout and run a register.
Except most Targets don't have an overnight team at this point, so you would actually be adding costs.

You would need to pay for an LOD, at least one TL, a cashier (who would need to have override privileges), plus stockers and whoever else you want in the store at that time. Then you consider the increased cost of shrink, since far more theft would occur at night than during the day (maybe even need overnight AP).

And some places just don't need a 24/hr store. Everything closes down at night in the part of town where my store is located, including the Walmart in the same shopping center. It's completely dead at night and the only thing open is the gas station by the highway exit.

Except most Targets don't have an overnight team at this point, so you would actually be adding costs.

You would need to pay for an LOD, at least one TL, a cashier (who would need to have override privileges), plus stockers and whoever else you want in the store at that time. Then you consider the increased cost of shrink, since far more theft would occur at night than during the day (maybe even need overnight AP).

And some places just don't need a 24/hr store. Everything closes down at night in the part of town where my store is located, including the Walmart in the same shopping center. It's completely dead at night and the only thing open is the gas station by the highway exit.

Not everything, but we are looking at a future where there could be multiple (organized, but a lot less filled trucks). Not all stores would transition from this to 24/7. I think every store still maintaining their early hours could be part of that party.

Even with Target's new pitch, having that floor filled by power hours, should still be their main priority, as that is first and foremost Guest Satisfaction. I realize most Target's don't have an overnight Team, but think, Would it be cheaper to train an Overnight team, Dayside (And cut the fat in the process), than begin it (with overnight pay), then train an overnight team?

It would be interesting to see a Statistic on payroll lost due to training/quitting a year from now.

As more and more specialized retailers take a dive and close. I only feel like Big Box Retailers (who can sell a ton, to negate cost on consumers) will take a gain. Where people went for their specialized and (most likely better produced product), they will turn to the stores that have everything.

What I think you will see is that the stores who survive (I include Target among this list) grow bigger (Square footage wise) to be quasi instant purchase and online fulfillment centers. \

Those plaza's/mall's that have none of these conveniences will be a scene out of "The Last of us". Literally the only thing you need to know right now is how to be most convenient to the "Guest".

As much as I bitch about Target's new future, I think it will be a success, but ONLY if it's Team Members are allowed to succeed at it, and live a livable life, while doing so.

There is a lot more bullshit(tasks) for everyone, which means yes, expect more pay less.
"

They key here is Target changing it's business motto to "Expect, Respect"

Being open 24/7 is definitely more expensive. Let's not forget how dead it is from 1am to 6am on black Friday. Imagine that on a nonq4 day.

It might not make sense, but I fore see stores taking a truck everyday (At least). With the new eaches system they are applying. Which will 100% conflict with their new guest first mantra. Why not just apply the system with less people on an overnight basis (once people realize Target is open 24/7, i think i might see an increase in traffic). Less Payroll, and less distraction from the guest.

This would also more than likely increase online fulfillment percentages across the board, from a more accurate interrupted push.

As well as keeping Target's "Hey the Sun shines here" image.

Being open 24/7 is definitely more expensive. Let's not forget how dead it is from 1am to 6am on black Friday. Imagine that on a nonq4 day.

I think store hours should be based solely on the projected traffic they would receive. Right now, store hours are limited by (and therefore could not be 24/7) due to the way we stock our freight which is extremely messy. If they can address this problem, and allow for freight to be worked during any time period they want, the stores that could benefit from being open 24/7 could be. I would guess only your extremely high volumes would merit the cost as they would have an O/N team and LOD anyway, especially as less of the truck gets worked all at once in these types of stores (taking 2-4 smaller RDC deliveries every day).

I think store hours should be based solely on the projected traffic they would receive. Right now, store hours are limited by (and therefore could not be 24/7) due to the way we stock our freight which is extremely messy. If they can address this problem, and allow for freight to be worked during any time period they want, the stores that could benefit from being open 24/7 could be. I would guess only your extremely high volumes would merit the cost as they would have an O/N team and LOD anyway, especially as less of the truck gets worked all at once in these types of stores (taking 2-4 smaller RDC deliveries every day).

I agree with this, and see that that is a possible outcome, I work at a Target store that doesn't have any other Target store within an hours drive, in a town with 35,000 (College) students and is a crossroads for MANY Targets. My store only has 4 hours a day it is LOD-Free as our Flow TL/etc come in at 3 am, and we close at 11. What I think Target will see is seeing this "Easy Freight" being done by a much much lower fraction or payroll they used before. While providing a 24/7 convenience and this includes everything online ordered as well. Target would see an up kick.

E2E in beauty is just having brand team members who push. They aren't responsible for pulls back stock or even setting sells planners

I'd say ASANTS, because our market E2E is literally truck push, and pushing auto fills on truck days, nothing else, so it all depends on how deep into E2E you might be

Our market team is end to end. After unload they own their work center but beauty appears to be something different. The info that I read stated that they push after unload but pulls and backstocking, POGs, pricing are owned by other teams. Its kinda nutty.

Our market team is end to end. After unload they own their work center but beauty appears to be something different. The info that I read stated that they push after unload but pulls and backstocking, POGs, pricing are owned by other teams. Its kinda nutty.

Yeah they can't quite get it all rolled out all at once yet. Even the POG and Pricing payroll seems to be held up for SL depending on the week, plus MyTime is rarely all that accurate with its workload projections in some of those workcenters anyway.

Market doesn't do pogs or pricing in my store. We also do there Salesplaners. Electronics. Won't even have to do there truck.

Market doesn't do pogs or pricing in my store. We also do there Salesplaners. Electronics. Won't even have to do there truck.
Our market does everything. I do everything. Everyone (but the cashiers) do everything. I want a shirt that has Charon holding out his hand on the boat to cross the river styx, but instead of a cloak, he is wearing red and khaki with a target name badge.

So I guess my store is getting a PA in market. My hours have dropped from 30-35 to 21 the next 2 weeks. I work hard, have never called out so what the hell? I thought being in market meant getting a lot of good hours?

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting and honestly, one of the few times I've been to this site. I apologize if I'm reiterating anything already said here, I really don't have time to read through 67 pages of posts but I feel I HAVE to post on this topic.

I've worked for Target for 17 years and have dealt with many changes, shifts in directions, stupid ideas (the VIBE anyone?), etc. I've held on through all these changes over my love of the culture that Target has built up and the amazing Team Members that get hired in and stick around. I'm not lying when I say my Target family is more of a family to me than my biological family. This End to End roll out, which was dropped like a bomb on us a month ago with very little direction other than "the work will get done, just sell", has ripped out that culture and is trying to replace it with soulless salesmanship. The morale at my store, which wasn't that high before basically because of how shitty they treat us with barebones hours and stretching us too thin, is at rock bottom. We have had 3 long-standing VIP Team Members and Leaders leave in the past 2 weeks (including myself) over this. The leaders talk down to us now, tell us to just do the job even though we have VERY valid questions about the new roll out. We're told that we're on our End to End shift and we are to do NOTHING but the area we were assigned, yet every day we walk in to the store and the leaders have changed the expectations and don't even acknowledge the "stay in your assigned area" direction that we were given. Not until the day is up and your End to End responsibilities aren't done because you were pulled elsewhere, then they remember your assignment and are irritated with you. Our store has a mass exodus on it's hands and they don't care. They think that we're all replaceable with some Shmoes of the street, they're sorely mistaken.

I'm sorry for the rambling but I just had to share some of my experience with this system.

Back