MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

Yes we are all small, replaceable cogs in the Target machine. However, the hard-forged metal cogs are mostly being replaced with fresh-cut, wooden cogs. Add in the poor communication from all upper levels, and the sudden 360 degree turns on systems and processes, and it won't be long until that machine is billowing smoke and experiencing frequent breakdowns.

Yes we are all small, replaceable cogs in the Target machine. However, the hard-forged metal cogs are mostly being replaced with fresh-cut, wooden cogs. Add in the poor communication from all upper levels, and the sudden 360 degree turns on systems and processes, and it won't be long until that machine is billowing smoke and experiencing frequent breakdowns.
Not really

There will always be a fresh tm that wants to kiss ass snf do tl work for free.

People like to cover it up by saying it's good to work hard but in reality you're doing more work for the same pay. My store has this really eager girl and now the ETLs and TLs call her to do everything

It's a shame

We are all replaceable. Yes some employees work significantly harder or more efficiently than others but the company is setup so that if someone leaves the company can go on.

That's why you sometimes have to step away and do what's best for you.

That was pretty much what I was saying there. They think they can just go out and find "experts" willing to work 12-20 hours a week at $10 an hour to be "experts" in such things as towels and bedding. They're failing to realize that the real experts are us, the ones that have worked there for years, decades even. There's a reason we're still there. Train us correctly on how to do the new process, give us enough hours to learn it well, invest the time into your seasoned team members. DON'T do the exact opposite and then tell us to get out for not liking it.

Not to mention that for the past 3 years, our seasonal hiring has gone very poorly. The hiring pool around here isn't very good. They refuse to look at all the evidence around them.

But you are right HRZone. It is time for me to step away and do what's right for me! They're pretty upset about it but that was gonna happen no matter what.

Not really

People like to cover it up by saying it's good to work hard but in reality you're doing more work for the same pay. My store has this really eager girl and now the ETLs and TLs call her to do everything

It's a shame

That's the same here. They have a few newbies that will do basically anything, but most of the new hires leave. One new hire called in on her first day, orientation alone convinced her it wasn't for her.
Welcome to The Break Room @Joe Shank

Thank you :D

Last edited:
The thing is, nothing anyone does as Target is difficult, so, you don't really need to be an expert to do it. The hardest thing to do is to build a routine to be efficient in what you are doing. Target does not adequately train leadership to recognize and close the operational gaps that are necessary to be successful.

The thing is, nothing anyone does as Target is difficult, so, you don't really need to be an expert to do it. The hardest thing to do is to hire people who care enough to build a routine to be efficient in what you are doing. Target does not adequately train leadership to recognize and close the operational gaps that are necessary to be successful.

FYP

Last edited:
I've been with Target over 20 years so I've seen a lot of changes. Some were good. Some were bad. I'm currently a POG/Pricing TL and my early thoughts give me a feeling of ambiguity and abandonment. The ability to complete the workload each week was predicated on the ability to plan out the workload and hold TM's accountable for getting it done. With the new process, the TMs I've had to this point now have additional responsibilities. That has inevitably meant that Presentation isn't a priority and it makes me feel like I'm expected to do all of the work myself. That said, executing in this new environment is about partnerships. If the partnerships don't happen, then the workload won't get done. I'm challenging my ETLs and STL to help me find a way to make this happen because I'll just be a doormat otherwise and I'm not going to put up with it.

I can see the potential benefits for this but I really don't see much of an impact in lower volume stores because of the lack of payroll to support such an initiative. Also, lately it seems that HQ has been rolling out initiatives with less piloting and more "we'll figure it out as we go" and that is so atypical of the way this company has been run for the longest time. Usually, there is training and information available for significant changes like this but I have encountered little of either. So I share in the frustration of the masses but I'm cautiously optimistic that this could be a beneficial change once the right people are in place.

So does anyone know if getting PA for market is normal when doing E2E? I'm loosing 10 hours a week now since we are getting one.

Every pfresh and super target is supposed to have at least one. It doesn't really have anything to do with E2E.

Exactly, although at my old store my etl hr told me when our second one quit they weren't going to fill his position.

The new market rollout guide doesn't list separate duties for a PA. So you technically only need one.

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting and honestly, one of the few times I've been to this site. I apologize if I'm reiterating anything already said here, I really don't have time to read through 67 pages of posts but I feel I HAVE to post on this topic.

I've worked for Target for 17 years and have dealt with many changes, shifts in directions, stupid ideas (the VIBE anyone?), etc. I've held on through all these changes over my love of the culture that Target has built up and the amazing Team Members that get hired in and stick around. I'm not lying when I say my Target family is more of a family to me than my biological family. This End to End roll out, which was dropped like a bomb on us a month ago with very little direction other than "the work will get done, just sell", has ripped out that culture and is trying to replace it with soulless salesmanship. The morale at my store, which wasn't that high before basically because of how shitty they treat us with barebones hours and stretching us too thin, is at rock bottom. We have had 3 long-standing VIP Team Members and Leaders leave in the past 2 weeks (including myself) over this. The leaders talk down to us now, tell us to just do the job even though we have VERY valid questions about the new roll out. We're told that we're on our End to End shift and we are to do NOTHING but the area we were assigned, yet every day we walk in to the store and the leaders have changed the expectations and don't even acknowledge the "stay in your assigned area" direction that we were given. Not until the day is up and your End to End responsibilities aren't done because you were pulled elsewhere, then they remember your assignment and are irritated with you. Our store has a mass exodus on it's hands and they don't care. They think that we're all replaceable with some Shmoes of the street, they're sorely mistaken.

I'm sorry for the rambling but I just had to share some of my experience with this system.

That's sad but what is going on is sadly, your ETLs don't know. Also if you exodus continues, they will be replaced.

I know you care about your 'family' and the store but depending on what area you were assigned try to work it. There are days I give the excuse there are no radios or it died so I can stay in Pets. There are struggles to not be dragged off to other places. Its sad that you departed and I hope they understood their loss. If not, they will when they are putting in their resume into Monster.com.

But E2e is basically, you controlling your section yourself (if its chemicals/ softlines/ electronics/ furniture ) and there supposed to be a team with you.

While it does always work, if can if everyone on the same page. Sadly, some people still have different books. My store is still a mess as furniture/plastic/bedding/towels etc has no permanent person excpet one not former sl lady who just keeps plugging away. Its sad really.

Not really

It's a shame
She'll burn out soon enough. Just wait. If not now then first qtr

I've also been with Target for over 20 years and seen a lot of dumb stuff like exercising at huddles, writing on gray dots every time you scanned it as a out, huddle buddies walking the store for 30 mins asking guests can I help you find something and taking them to the item and keeping track of the prices so the LOD's could see how much money everyone helped the store make. Not closing the garden center during lightning storms! New rollouts come and go and as of right now this E2E SUCKS! But I'm stubborn as hell and I'll still be here long after the idiot that came up with this one!!!

I preface everything with the fact that our DC hasn't moved to the palletized trailers yet. Anyway, we had a 1900 piece trailer today (large for an ultra-low volume store). I hate that some of the people who are scheduled to work the freight aren't scheduled until mid-morning. In the mean time, receiving looks like crap with stuff that should have been worked already. And I don't see anyone maintaining their area. It is basically work freight and go home. My store is also way behind schedule on getting people trained to help set POGs/REVs in their areas to help me out when the workload is heavy. So I'm basically trying to execute POGs/REVs that are not in Food, Electronics/Entertainment, and SL. It's all maddening right now.

4 TMs on the food tm for an A++ store does not cut it. Dairy is a mess and freezer has 4 U boats of FDC push I was told no U boats in freezer over night well give us the TMs to push it then.

I take 2 days off and come back in to a shit show it took me 8 hours to recover and bssically pushed everything out of ambient, meat, and produce cooler. I also had to push vendor and specialty milk no one pushed it for 1 day.
Please we need more people on end to End in market

what is a metered unload?
Instead of 10 TMs unloading the truck as fast as possible, you only use a handful of TMs, making the unload twice as long. So if you use 10 hours of payroll to unload a truck, you used to have 10 TMs take 1 hour (10 payroll hours/10 TMs= 1 hour), now you'll have 5 TMs take 2 hours (10 payroll hours/5 TMs= 2 hours), or even worse 3 TMs taking 3:20.

Instead of 10 TMs unloading the truck as fast as possible, you only use a handful of TMs, making the unload twice as long. So if you use 10 hours of payroll to unload a truck, you used to have 10 TMs take 1 hour (10 payroll hours/10 TMs= 1 hour), now you'll have 5 TMs take 2 hours (10 payroll hours/5 TMs= 2 hours), or even worse 3 TMs taking 3:20.
Definitely hasn't happened at my store yet. We unloaded a 1900 piece truck on Monday with 11 TMs and that took about 50 minutes give or take a few. I think that is a mistake unless you're a 4am or overnight process store.

Back