MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

When full on E2E started, the first couple days, the TLs over hardlines were like "How was today compared to the last day you worked? We want every day to be better than the one before!" They stopped asking when people kept reporting that the days were only getting worse. Every day now it seems like a different section or two is way behind (in addition to grocery, which is just in a perpetual state of panic), so they pull people from other sections to help, which puts them behind and in need of help later on, and so on and so on. And forget zoning and scanning outs. It's pull morning autofills > push truck and pulls > backstock if you have time > leave/get kicked out early, because there are no hours. It's a nightmare. :(

Ok I was just told we were not to say end to end anymore. Its called store modernization!

Wow. "End to end" just has that much negativity assigned to it already.

Today at my store, they announced they're taking away pog and pull/backstock responsibilities from the e2e... ahem... store mod teams since they cant get anything else done. What a joke.

POG team and several other TMs and TLs tried to blitz out the bedding transitions and BTC salesplanners today, but unfortunately most of their products was mixed together in the 8 random pallets of transition from last week.

We only had 8 backroom hours per truck day, so I'm not sure what they expected to happen. But the result was that BR didn't have time to backstock or sort any of that shit. It was wrapped and thrown on top of the steel, untouched since the truck unload.

Hooray for E2E and eliminating the backroom team without thinking it through!

POG team and several other TMs and TLs tried to blitz out the bedding transitions and BTC salesplanners today, but unfortunately most of their products was mixed together in the 8 random pallets of transition from last week.

We only had 8 backroom hours per truck day, so I'm not sure what they expected to happen. But the result was that BR didn't have time to backstock or sort any of that shit. It was wrapped and thrown on top of the steel, untouched since the truck unload.

Doing that shit totally negates the point of pre-ties. I've told my ETLs over the years that if they want to handle it that way, I'm not wasting my time with pre-ties.

Instead of 10 TMs unloading the truck as fast as possible, you only use a handful of TMs, making the unload twice as long. So if you use 10 hours of payroll to unload a truck, you used to have 10 TMs take 1 hour (10 payroll hours/10 TMs= 1 hour), now you'll have 5 TMs take 2 hours (10 payroll hours/5 TMs= 2 hours), or even worse 3 TMs taking 3:20.
Plus line/unload tms are handling more pallets or boats a piece. Imagine adding an hour to the unload as summer heat and humidity build. Tms will burn out.

We did the same thing during the unload.

Doing that shit totally negates the point of pre-ties. I've told my ETLs over the years that if they want to handle it that way, I'm not wasting my time with pre-ties.
Well the intention was to get it sorted, like we normally would. But we also normally would have had around 32 backroom hours on a truck day.

It remains to be seen if any ETLs or the STL have learned a lesson from this. I just don't understand how they expect us to handle medium to large transitions.

We did the same thing during the unload.
Did what?

We also just sorted transition as just transition. Nobody had time to separate after and I heard lots of "well not my area". Thanks E2E!
Well the intention was to get it sorted, like we normally would. But we also normally would have had around 32 backroom hours on a truck day.

It remains to be seen if any ETLs or the STL have learned a lesson from this. I just don't understand how they expect us to handle medium to large transitions.

Did what?

I know we only had one aisle pretied from all the transition we got, so it literally was all transition in general, but with only two people working the 22 pallets on the backstock side of our line, we don't really have the luxury of sorting it any further

End to End is going to be hard in Plano and Pricing. Those workloads don't drop consistently enough to execute. Its not easy to find another 250 hours to knock out BTS sets in hardlines and then have nothing for a week (what do we do with those TMs in between sets).

Logistics wise I prefer End to End. I am on a full end to end in all departments and it works better imo.

The lady on cosmetics, and the guy in electronics are PISSED OFF!

They've been saying that with all the work that they have coming from trucks, how come they're not scheduled more hours to do everything management wanta them to do. Apparently the lady in cosmetics said that she has to push all the cosmetics from the truck, do go backs, backstock, zone, guest service, be ready for backups, do the counts and research certain days, and she's only scheduled 5 hours each day, she never finishes even though she used to be one of the fastest girls in the Flow Teamy. No wonder why she's actively looking for another job, since she says the there's a lot of work to do, yet they won't give her the 7 or 8 hours. Same with electronics guy, they scheduled him very little hours for all the things he has to do.

Apparently the lady in cosmetics said that she has to push all the cosmetics from the truck, do go backs, backstock, zone, guest service, be ready for backups, do the counts and research certain days

In order to do their duties and prevent theft in arguably the number two theft area in the store best practice is for your beauty team member to not backup cashier. They should be the last resort. We put our ETLs on before her.

You have 22 pallets of backstock or 22 pallet spaces? Either way, how do you have that much of each of those?
That's around how many we used to have before we got the uboats. It was the entire back side of the line, with 3 pallets in each slot, and then more pallets lined up across from them in front of the steel. Plus a few more right next to the dock.

Back