MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

According to my spidy senses you are FOS.

I tend to agree.

No company worth its weight in salt would ever backtrack so hard on an undertaking unless the current regime was just canned.

Too much at stake regarding image. Stock price would tank and all vendor agreements (lines of credit and so on) based upon performance would take a hit.

We only see small portions of how this business operates. We are not exposed to the financial side. It gets real ugly if Spot doesn't perform well or has the appearance of getting the "mange" .

Store level is what it's all about. Do those people in management make the company money with bad, backward processes? No. The inference is that the disposable, inflexible tms in the store are the problem. No tm can outwork a bad plan long term. Any plan that impedes the unload, slows down the stocking. the replenishment, jacks up backroom and inventory and blows up team culture isn't good for the store. The store is why all the desk jockeys and c-suite people have nice paychecks. Apparently they need to be reminded. Rant not sorry. Nothing against NoI in team.

Last edited:
E2E is here to stay in some way at stores. If your store or district isn't currently doing it and are fighting it, expect a lot of churning of leadership in your store or district early or mid-2018. We TMs have two options: 1. Get a new job with another employer, or, 2. Get used to E2E until it works, or until it implodes the whole company.

E2E is here to stay in some way at stores. If your store or district isn't currently doing it and are fighting it, expect a lot of churning of leadership in your store or district early or mid-2018. We TMs have two options: 1. Get a new job with another employer, or, 2. Get used to E2E until it works, or until it implodes the whole company.

It will implode.

So is it really true? Or not? I'm really worried, my store E2E is working great in my store, I don't want to go back to Overnight shifts again. I hate them with a passion. I'm very happy in my new position and shift at during day side. :(
Do you still have a plano and pricing team we do thats why ours is working fairly well.. Softlines or beauty never complete there push, Market is doing ok.

Is anyone not backstocking their softlines anymore? The only thing in our store that are being backstocked are socks and underwhere. Everything else is just being set on shelves. This is a major pain for trying to do SFS, because we have no clue if we have any in the back if we can't find it on the floor.

According to an email I just received this morning, the end-to end pilot has been terminated, and all traditional teams are to be restored A.S.A.P.

I hope that is true since it really is not doing well in our store. Market does not finish the push at all lately, not really there fault just cut hours. Backroom never gets done backstock done besides market. I hope this ends company wide though, since some posts on other threads say it might be ASANTS which would be a disaster. I mean some stores will go part E2E will others will just go back to the way it was. The company should try to keep all stores on the same page as much as possible, not drive them apart more.

I have to say, I'm really happy with our STL. He's been resisting the change to E2E since the beginning and only converting some areas when he's forced to. We still only have a hybrid SL E2E and cosmetics (they don't do their own pulls, but do everything else). He's fought for us (the overnight team) and it really is appreciated.

Is anyone not backstocking their softlines anymore? The only thing in our store that are being backstocked are socks and underwhere. Everything else is just being set on shelves. This is a major pain for trying to do SFS, because we have no clue if we have any in the back if we can't find it on the floor.
Hahaha what?? They just place folded stuff in the backroom but removed the helpful step where they backstock it?

Doesn't sound like Target best practice to me. My team has to scan in everything, except for hanging product.

My question is, how much money & good mgt does spot need to lose before realized that end to end does not work?

I think it could work, but, like virtually everything Target rolls out, they did it too quickly with no time for the learning curve.

This is what I think they should do immediately:

Stores that are receiving product in eaches and on department pallets from converted DCs should continue with E2E through fourth quarter. HQ needs to carefully monitor and study how each store is doing and note what works and what doesn't work.

Stores currently still receiving case packs should have the option of staying with E2E if it is working fairly well for them , or, reverting back to the old system if they are not doing well with E2E. This decision is made exclusively by store management and not anyone above that.

After fourth quarter, no store will be required to switch to E2E until after their DC has been converted.

I see this as the only was to salvage this coming holiday season and still roll out E2E chain wide in a successful manner.

Our SL. Sits in the backroom until I get tired of looking at it and digging for stuff and I back stock it myself AND I'M NOT BACKROOM!

Hahaha what?? They just place folded stuff in the backroom but removed the helpful step where they backstock it?
Yep, its a pain. They also don't send people back to backstock the few types of things that they are actually putting away. So we have tubs of stuff sitting in the back. I'm not touching it, we have been given no real direction about it. But if they want to do E2E like market, they better start backstocking and pulling their own crap.

My store is end to end. The backroom never back stocks softlines or market anymore. Market team is good doing their pulls and backstock. Style team does not do their own pulls but does do their own backstock, but never quickly. I have suggested to one of my friends on the style team to challenge it out because it sat for way to long. Sad right now.

Our SL. Sits in the backroom until I get tired of looking at it and digging for stuff and I back stock it myself AND I'M NOT BACKROOM!
not the backrooms responsibility to back stock softlines. we will let softlines and market pile to the ceiling and laugh our silly heads off. y'all took it from us, we warned you of the ugly that was going to happen you didn't listen so enjoy your pallet of softlines.

not the backrooms responsibility to back stock softlines. we will let softlines and market pile to the ceiling and laugh our silly heads off. y'all took it from us, we warned you of the ugly that was going to happen you didn't listen so enjoy your pallet of softlines.
My BRTL did that for a few weeks...and was then "asked" to backstock it all.

Today I asked why our SL team, which is supposedly E2E , isn't backstocking their own merchandise. I was told that "no other store is doing that. We don't have that kind of time in our allotted hours!"

Back