MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

I wonder how many stores have successfully converted the majority of the store to e2e? We are told it's a regional success and that we better get with the program.

Then the lods walk away and all pray everyone believes them when really this E2E is a failure

"If we keep just telling everyone it's a success and here to stay then maybe it will be true"

Market end 2 end

Do y'all have a specific day in the week y'all are scanning outs in the department or is it being done everyday ?
Never.

I guess in theory it should be done on truck days by each TM as they push freight in their areas. But they don't do it at my store. One of them does the rigs but that's it.

All I can think of when I hear E2E is "The Emperor's New Clothes" where the clothes are E2E...

We instructed our store (all but tm's) to tell all visitors it is a success in our store. So as far as our store is concerned it is an "overwhelming success!".
This is why corporate was so surprised that we didn't have enough equipment or working equipment.

This is why corporate is so surprised. No idea how stores work real life real time. Just keep your district managers and whatever else is above them happy. The fail is communication.

Not even that its the "green at all costs" everything must work no matter how fucked up it is. Every pilot must be made to work no matter how bad it is, rather than letting it pass or fail by doing it as instructed. Nope must force it work.

E2E isn't going to work as we are doing it now. Ever. Move app will be a giant failure since it requires every single person in the store have a working Zebra and we won't. Equipment control needs some actual teeth to bite idiots hard who lose or destroy equipment and ETL's can't be bothered.

Heard today the plan is to phase out PdAs by the new year and have all zebras. I believe it based on the move app discussions, save the cooler functionality. Interested to see how they make that work.

Heard today the plan is to phase out PdAs by the new year and have all zebras. I believe it based on the move app discussions, save the cooler functionality. Interested to see how they make that work.
Does that mean they'll put Receive on the Zebras? Because oh hell no, my fat fingers need physical keys to not screw up the counts.

Not even that its the "green at all costs" everything must work no matter how fucked up it is. Every pilot must be made to work no matter how bad it is, rather than letting it pass or fail by doing it as instructed. Nope must force it work.

E2E isn't going to work as we are doing it now. Ever. Move app will be a giant failure since it requires every single person in the store have a working Zebra and we won't. Equipment control needs some actual teeth to bite idiots hard who lose or destroy equipment and ETL's can't be bothered.
Equipment control is such a joke. We've had Zebras missing for weeks, only to find them sitting on a pallet in the top shelf of the transition steel. Whoever's scanning the truck will leave their PDA wherever. We've had days if not a full week at a time where the key log sheets ran out and nobody bothered to print out new ones.

Does that mean they'll put Receive on the Zebras? Because oh hell no, my fat fingers need physical keys to not screw up the counts.

I used a zebra for the first time (for more than like a minute) today and I liked the speed but missed the pda keyboard. I can type in DPCIs so fast without looking on a pda. Not so with the zebra. But yeah I don't expect the zebra implementation to stop until it's one device to rule them all

Does that mean they'll put Receive on the Zebras?
img_0267-jpg.3569

I haven't heard about any other reverse logistics functions yet, besides the receive and sweep apps in the pic.
Ha. Ok. It'd be nice to do the return scan with something that didn't feel like it was breaking my wrist.

I wonder how many stores have successfully converted the majority of the store to e2e? We are told it's a regional success and that we better get with the program.
This is what I warned everyone about. There are some stores where the team is detail oriented or filled with people who are willing to do the level of work to make it work.

I learned our super target (B store) near us is also doing E2E and they are bleeding people. They lost over half of their flow because all had 2 jobs and cant take the move to day time or the decrease in hours. They are failing.

I used a zebra for the first time (for more than like a minute) today and I liked the speed but missed the pda keyboard. I can type in DPCIs so fast without looking on a pda. Not so with the zebra. But yeah I don't expect the zebra implementation to stop until it's one device to rule them all
and elvish glows on the back when you walk into the freezer?

Equipment control is such a joke. We've had Zebras missing for weeks, only to find them sitting on a pallet in the top shelf of the transition steel. Whoever's scanning the truck will leave their PDA wherever. We've had days if not a full week at a time where the key log sheets ran out and nobody bothered to print out new ones.

The solution is not TMs being Bit its ETLs. An etL left one logged into the functions on the sled and I looked at it after I put mine up. To be clear, anyone who can pull up their ID can find them via GPS quickly. So what you need either ETL that care or ones that know that the device are monitored 24/7 by IT (which they are are. Someone tried to download another app and it was deleted)

What started out strong at my store, is now challenging for my team. Unload process is not completed within a reasonable amount of time. Merchandise is everywhere in the backroom. We constantly have leftover push and backstock that can't be put up successfully. The flexible fufillment process cannot be completed ahead of time. Softlines has currently has unpushed merchandise in 6 areas. Grocery team stumbled in the beginning but are doing decent enough. However, Hardlines and Softlines can not keep up. Our BRLA has plummeted, not even scored in the Top 20 in the region. Due to the excess freight coming off the truck, we are not always pulling autofills or relying on manuals. Just do not have enough reliable people to be efficient. What makes matters worst, is of next week, the dayside backroom team (8 ppl, but not all scheduled) will be dissolved. Most of the team is being moved to salesfloor. Basic backroom tasks not completed. We just have to do what the store and district managers tell us.

I am normally optimistic and motivated, but can't seem to get anything accomplished nowadays. Just take every day as they come. Rant over. Thanks for reading.
Welcome to E2E, here is your cloak and coin to cross the river styx to your tm location.

Back