MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

This is what I warned everyone about. There are some stores where the team is detail oriented or filled with people who are willing to do the level of work to make it work.

I learned our super target (B store) near us is also doing E2E and they are bleeding people. They lost over half of their flow because all had 2 jobs and cant take the move to day time or the decrease in hours. They are failing.

No store is making it work smoothly. My store is half assing it since we know some people can't be trusted in the backroom or to do pog or pricing so those teams are still together. They rolled it out where Market was their own island in charge of everything and it failed so hard, pricing, pog and In-stocks had to come in and fix their mess.

The flow team lost about half of their crew leaving mostly the ones we didn't really want to keep and the replacements are not getting trained so they are so bad.. That overnight to 4am was such a great move spot!

No store is making it work smoothly. My store is half assing it since we know some people can't be trusted in the backroom or to do pog or pricing so those teams are still together. They rolled it out where Market was their own island in charge of everything and it failed so hard, pricing, pog and In-stocks had to come in and fix their mess.

The flow team lost about half of their crew leaving mostly the ones we didn't really want to keep and the replacements are not getting trained so they are so bad.. That overnight to 4am was such a great move spot!

Did you guys change districts as well as region or just region?

I don't want to get your hopes up but if you have the HRBP I think you do. He makes etl hrs send an audit every Thursday now to make sure market and beauty are no longer underposted. No more giving those hours to cashier's and then making hardlines or instocks pick up the slack
This may be going Company wide. We have the same situation.

I don't want to get your hopes up but if you have the HRBP I think you do. He makes etl hrs send an audit every Thursday now to make sure market and beauty are no longer underposted. No more giving those hours to cashier's and then making hardlines or instocks pick up the slack

Like they are doing now, scheduling hardlines under cosmetics but you go do hardlines. So the e-mailed schedule looks good to that HRBP. Already happening.. In-Stocks can only be scheduled from 8-12noon so I am flow for my first two hours but you push the truck and do In-stocks stuff before and after that 8-12 time block..

Was he recently promoted?

He called us out for having our Beauty TM backstocking freight/research. Apparently, that's up to BR and not the TM (yet?).

I just left Spot after enduring the Stores Modernization debacle for the last 6 months. I've been with the Spot for 5 years and promoted to ETL-Log. My store (ULV) attempted to go fully end-to-end (except for Pog and Pricing). It worked okay in April to June, but BRLA hovered around 96 because EVERYONE is back stocking and pulling batches. When I left this week, it was 91%! Not one operational metric has been green since April, and the team is stressed out. I've had team members that opened this store over 20 years ago leave due to the stress. After 60-70 hours per week on average for several months without seeing an end to that, I had to call it quits.

As I was leaving, the group and district leaders were making every store in the group do an excel sheet detailing how many hours were being used to reset each transition each week, what days team members were scheduled, what they would be doing, etc. Super micromanaged. Each day, if there is even one vehicle to be pushed, backstocked, etc, a pic has to be taken and emailed to the group director and DTL with a date and time it will be caught up.

Best wishes to you guys as you make it through Q3 and Q4! I sincerely hope it smooths out soon! The wizards of smart at Spot have to see soon that throwing everything against the wall to see what will stick to combat Amazon is making the bleed a lot of people!

Our store was so busy today so not much was getting done on the floor. The front was understaffed and the floor spent most of their day on the check lanes. How can you help guests if everyone is on a check lane? I thought MyTime scheduling was to provide you will better coverage?

Q4 is gonna be...

8iwfh2N.gif

Last edited:
Was he recently promoted?

He called us out for having our Beauty TM backstocking freight/research. Apparently, that's up to BR and not the TM (yet?).

Lol I think so. He showed up undercover in A&A then ratted out everyone who didn't guest service him to the etl hr.

That is true. Again, how we are supposed to help the guest if everyone is on a check lane?

Well you did offer the red card to every guest? You did guest service them.

If corp. Doesn't care I don't care. Don't complain our basket size is shrinking but staff so thin that no one is on the floor to get stuff in that basket. You are doing that to yourself spot.

I agree. I said making it work. A medic sawing off the leg of a civil war soldier to save him is making it work but we know today really its not making it work well. Its more going through the motions.

my store is a mess at times. Its painfully obvious that ETLs dont want to do the left behind work but don't want to leave it for the TM to finish the next shift because of the ETL that makes the schedules screws them up. That is the core problem. We can't do both.

It we have discrete departments that we are responsible for, then those departments (no matter what) comes first. Now if we share all the burdens again, then we aren't doing e2e are we?

I don't have the time when I come it at 10am to do all the frieght, zone, rigs, prices, help guests, backstock and pog. Even at 8 hrs because I rarely get scheduled that. And even if I do, I dont get to utilize that.

I came in yesterday, on a 3-9 to just work on my area doing pog and guess what. I got 1 hr of that. the rest was 'I need you to do this flat of pulls because well chem got 7 so they couldnt help and hba isnt here and blah blah blah.

This is hard but I am to the point that if I get assigned anything is freight involved that takes more that 30 minutes to put up and isnt chem or hba, It gets backstocked. It takes me less time to do that, and I dont deal with guests.

I love dealing with guests, and honestly making sales (like convincing a person to buy a $300 dyson) is fun. However, when I need to get shelves up so I can get my cat food out and you a) havent had anyone over to help me all week. b) WANT me to bail out someone else that doesnt have a pog overdue and should have got their stuff done in their 6 hours they got (because of the 2 hrs for ad set) c) I know could have found someone else who isnt attached to a specific location to do it, I don't care. It goes away.

This is the core problem. Spot doesn't want ETLs who just delegate. Spot wants ETL, and TL who will work freight and do all their work too. Most didnt sign up for that. Why? If makes their job that much harder.

I just left Spot after enduring the Stores Modernization debacle for the last 6 months. I've been with the Spot for 5 years and promoted to ETL-Log. My store (ULV) attempted to go fully end-to-end (except for Pog and Pricing). It worked okay in April to June, but BRLA hovered around 96 because EVERYONE is back stocking and pulling batches. When I left this week, it was 91%! Not one operational metric has been green since April, and the team is stressed out. I've had team members that opened this store over 20 years ago leave due to the stress. After 60-70 hours per week on average for several months without seeing an end to that, I had to call it quits.

As I was leaving, the group and district leaders were making every store in the group do an excel sheet detailing how many hours were being used to reset each transition each week, what days team members were scheduled, what they would be doing, etc. Super micromanaged. Each day, if there is even one vehicle to be pushed, backstocked, etc, a pic has to be taken and emailed to the group director and DTL with a date and time it will be caught up.

Best wishes to you guys as you make it through Q3 and Q4! I sincerely hope it smooths out soon! The wizards of smart at Spot have to see soon that throwing everything against the wall to see what will stick to combat Amazon is making the bleed a lot of people!
Quick question how far behind did you have your transitions fall?
Our ETL-log posted sheets for BRLA on our metal clip board showing what everyone who could backstock (ie everyone who was formally e2e) was at. I am red because I was at 96 then dropped to 91 because of the pets transition (i dont have wave access and no one would shoot up my pallets so they just sat there in everyones way so I eventually backstocked it all (expect one flat)

Also, I dont know where you are but our pervious ETL-log got a job as store manager at a regional grocery chain which has better benefits. Though I would share that.

Back